MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Actually, I am going to be an absolute minority here, but I would be perfectly fine if she would just re-issued her albums in some nice LP boxset with colored vinyl matching the color of an album, and thats it.

I do not need any demos (we have them for years, anyway) or any more remixes (we have got FEL recently). And I certainly do not need any previously unreleased songs (I would rather prefer here a double album with unreleased material sometimes in the future, not mixing these songs with original albums).
I just want them to finally re-issue at least one album or give us at least some info via any official announcement. But with current progress, I would not be surprised if the only re-issue we got from Warner is "Remixed and Revisited (Blue and Yellow Vinyl)" and then the deal is over. :Madonna009:

But after July 27th I somehow accepted the fact that this Warner deal is only about releasing digital singles, some demons online (Back That Up), some new remixes of old hits (Frozen, Sorry) and from time to time some remix album (FEL, American Mixshow).
If any re-issues comes in the future, I will be positively surprised, but at this moment, I do not expect anything at all. Just a tour and continue with the current releasing strategy of digital singles. I am not even disappointed anymore ... (PS: but I am still going to make fun of Warner on this forum) :Madonna005:

"Back That Up To The Beat" was not part of the Warner deal, that song is still under the Interscope exclusively licensed agreement umbrella until it expires and the demo was indeed officially released in December 2022 by Interscope, not Warner.

"Sorry" BLOND:ISH remix was also not Warner, but Insomniac Records (BLOND:ISH's label).

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Back That Up To The Beat" was not part of the Warner deal, that song is still under the Interscope exclusively licensed agreement umbrella until it expires and the demo was indeed officially released in December 2022 by Interscope, not Warner.

yeah, I know, and you are completely right, but .. general public following Madonna on Insta or FB has no idea what is coming from where, anyway (not mentioning TikTok users since this is where the song was a short trend). So it just an absolute mess for the past 2-3 years. Warner, no Warner.

19 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

yeah, I know, and you are completely right, but .. general public following Madonna on Insta or FB has no idea what is coming from where, anyway (not mentioning TikTok users since this is where the song was a short trend). So it just an absolute mess for the past 2-3 years. Warner, no Warner.

An absolute mess for the past 2-3 years in what sense, exactly?

She's gone from 12-13M monthly listeners on Spotify in 2021 to 41M currently thanks to all the different back catalogue releases, taking advantage of viral trends like "Frozen" Sickick and the "Back That Up To The Beat" demo and of course the new collaborations, especially The Weeknd, the #1 most listened to artist in the world at the moment.

She's having her first proper mainstream worldwide hit in 11-14 years (depending on the market) with "Popular".

Her "Finally Enough Love" album has been on the UK charts for 35 weeks already, her longest run since "Celebration" and already longer than "MDNA", "Rebel Heart" and "Madame X" all three put together.

Hardly a mess by any means.

They've been working hard on getting her updated for the streaming era and back there and the results are showing.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

She's gone from 12-13M monthly listeners on Spotify in 2021 to 41M currently thanks to all the different back catalogue releases, taking advantage of viral trends like "Frozen" Sickick and the "Back That Up To The Beat" demo and of course the new collaborations, especially The Weeknd, the Spotify #1 artist in the world at the moment.

She's having her first mainstream worldwide hit in 10-13 years (depending on the market) with "Popular".

Her "Finally Enough Love" album has been on the UK charts for 35 weeks already, her longest run since "Celebration" and already longer than "MDNA", "Rebel Heart" and "Madame X" all three together.

Hardly a mess by any means. They've been working hard on getting her updated and back there and the results are showing.

I do not mean it wrong, but I am really not sure what your post is about, to be honest.

We were discussing what is coming from Warner and what is coming from Interscope or whoever else. Not really sure what it has to do with her streaming numbers at this point of discussion. 

I was just saying that except some hardcore fans, general public and casual listeners (and definitely not TikTok user if Back That Up was mentioned) following her on Insta and FB do not really care what is coming from Warner and what is coming from Interscope. They just see the new digital single from Madonna and thats it. And it is a mess that various companies are releasing her material digitally. Thats all.

12 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I do not mean it wrong, but I am really not sure what your post is about, to be honest.

We were discussing what is coming from Warner and what is coming from Interscope or whoever else. Not really sure what it has to do with her streaming numbers at this point of discussion. 

I was just saying that except some hardcore fans, general public and casual listeners (and definitely not TikTok user if Back That Up was mentioned) following her on Insta and FB do not really care what is coming from Warner and what is coming from Interscope. They just see the new digital single from Madonna and thats it. And it is a mess that various companies are releasing her material digitally. Thats all.

I don't mean it wrong either but take a look at any other big artist in the streaming era. If you think releasing stuff all the time and with different record companies involved is messy, well, it's 2023.

In a world where features and collaborations are common currency and everyone is releasing stuff constantly too, it's not that uncommon. Plus she still has all her 10s material under Interscope anyway.

I don't really get what your complaint is about really. Everyone else is releasing new songs, remixes, collaborations, etc. every few weeks now and getting deals with other artists and their labels. It's standard nowadays, it's not 1999.

I think that they are testing the market in some way with the extrange releases listed. Releasing box set, limited edition of the box sets, repressings, RSDs and so on. When the expaning catalogue deal really starts with an album reissue, I think that it won't be complete as we expect and they would be a subcampaign with maxis and eps and so on. And no digital version of it to make sure that you are going to buy and are not going to skip the purchases. Like these past years eventually.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't mean it wrong either but take a look at any other big artist in the streaming era. If you think releasing stuff with different record companies is messy, well, it's 2023.

In a world where features and collaborations are common currency and everyone is releasing stuff constantly too, it's not that uncommon. Plus she still has all her 10s material under Interscope.

I don't really get what your complaint is about really.

But this is not a case of any feature and/or collaboration we are talking about here. It is simply that Interscope decides to release Back That Up and voilà we have it, and Warner decided to release a digital single (of her old physical single) and voilà we have it. And general public and casual listeners are definitely not following who is coming from who and why something is not included on for example FEL album (Back That Up remix). Thats it. But lets move on here. ;-)

5 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

But this is not a case of any feature and/or collaboration we are talking about here. It is simply that Interscope decides to release Back That Up and voilà we have it, and Warner decided to release a digital single (of her old physical single) and voilà we have it. And general public and casual listeners are definitely not following who is coming from who and why something is not included on for example FEL album (Back That Up remix). Thats it. But lets move on here. ;-)

She has the final word on everything and that's the key point that you're missing here. They're not bootleg releases done without her permission xd

Warner don't decide to release anything and voilà. Interscope don't wake up one day and decide to monetize a 2015 demo viral trend.

Everything comes from her. Via their respective companies, but green lighted by her.

Besides: "Back That Up" got viral after the "FEL" release so it could hardly be there, plus it wasn't a Billboard Dance #1, which is the point of that album, to compile her 50 US Dance #1s.

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She's gone from 12-13M monthly listeners on Spotify in 2021 to 41M currently thanks to all the different back catalogue releases, taking advantage of viral trends like "Frozen" Sickick and the "Back That Up To The Beat" demo and of course the new collaborations, especially The Weeknd, the #1 most listened to artist in the world at the moment.

She's having her first proper mainstream worldwide hit in 11-14 years (depending on the market) with "Popular".

Her "Finally Enough Love" album has been on the UK charts for 35 weeks already, her longest run since "Celebration" and already longer than "MDNA", "Rebel Heart" and "Madame X" all three put together.

Hardly a mess by any means.

They've been working hard on getting her updated for the streaming era and back there and the results are showing.

bedtime story deal with it GIF

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She has the final word on everything and that's the key point that you're missing here. They're not bootleg releases done without her permission xd

Warner don't decide to release anything and voilà. Interscope don't wake up one day and decide to monetize a 2015 demo viral trend.

Everything comes from her. Via their respective companies, but green lighted by her.

Besides: "Back That Up" got viral after the "FEL" release so it could hardly be there, plus it wasn't a Billboard Dance #1, which is the point of that album.

I completely understand all the points, but try to explain that to casual fan that is not following every single step of Madonna and her deals etc (such as my father who is just regular user on Spotify listening to her and is just confused with all the digital releases in the past 2-3 years) :) 

8 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I completely understand all the points, but try to explain that to casual fan that is not following every single step of Madonna and her deals etc (such as my father who is just confused) :) 

I think then you and your father are the only ones confused cause I haven't read any other complaints but hey, maybe you're right? :cute:

For years we've been asking for more material, for the old singles and remixes to be added on digital, for her to capitalize on trends and collaborations just like everyone else does... and when she finally does all that and she's getting excellent results for it, I find it hard to believe that that can be an issue for some people.

55 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think then you and your father are the only ones confused cause I haven't read any other complaints but hey, maybe you're right? :cute:

For years we've been asking for more material, for the old singles and remixes to be added on digital, for her to capitalize on trends and collaborations just like everyone else does... and when she finally does all that and she's getting excellent results for it, I find it hard to believe that that can be an issue for some people.

Please I would really appreciate if you would read carefully before posting ;-) because this is the second time today, you are saying something that was never mentioned. I am not saying I am confused, I follow her pretty often, so I know what is happening even "behind the curtain" with Warner and Interscope release strategy and her being involved in all this.

But on the other hand, most of the fans dont, they just listen to her music casually and thats it, especially older ones discovering Spotify and not familiar with streaming that much so not knowing if something is coming from Warner and Interscope. This is all I meant. For them, it is just a some material from Madonna.
Of course, you havent heard any complaints, because we are mostly hardcore fans here, but I doubt if you have asked any random listeners of Madonna on the street if they are familiar that Back That Up is from Interscope and Lucky Star is re-release digitally from Warner, they would have any idea. For them (thats why I mentioned my father) it is just "yaay, new song (Back That Up) from Madonna with some speed up remix" and "yaaay, new remixes of Lucky Stars online as well" :)  and "yaay, some new (FEL) remix complication .. but why they have released FEL and then Back That Up remix later on separately", and "why AL mixshow mix is not available online" for them, it is this kind of situation.

Hey all, I wanted to take a moment to openly apologize for any comments I may have made that are making fun of or even perhaps bullying those members that have expressed their dissatisfaction with the new Warner deal. Just because I have been loving and joyously surprised by everything with have been getting, doesn’t mean other fans have different wants and expectations. I value each and every member here. 

thank you 🙏 

5 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Actually, I am going to be an absolute minority here, but I would be perfectly fine if she would just re-issued her albums in some nice LP boxset with colored vinyl matching the color of an album, and thats it.

I do not need any demos (we have them for years, anyway) or any more remixes (we have got FEL recently). And I certainly do not need any previously unreleased songs (I would rather prefer here a double album with unreleased material sometimes in the future, not mixing these songs with original albums).
I just want them to finally re-issue at least one album or give us at least some info via any official announcement. But with current progress, I would not be surprised if the only re-issue we got from Warner is "Remixed and Revisited (Blue and Yellow Vinyl)" and then the deal is over. :Madonna009:

But after July 27th I somehow accepted the fact that this Warner deal is only about releasing digital singles, some demons online (Back That Up), some new remixes of old hits (Frozen, Sorry) and from time to time some remix album (FEL, American Mixshow).
If any re-issues comes in the future, I will be positively surprised, but at this moment, I do not expect anything at all. Just a tour and continue with the current releasing strategy of digital singles. I am not even disappointed anymore ... (PS: but I am still going to make fun of Warner on this forum) :Madonna005:

I think you should keep in mind that this is a deal that is happening on all formats.  I don't believe it's only aimed at sprucing up her digital and streaming catalog.  I do believe this will produce more special curated releases on all formats, and yes, I do believe the deluxe re-issues for landmark albums will come eventually.  I know many seem to be stuck on just that aspect of the deal and dismissing everything else.  I think her digital and steaming catalog is really starting to shape up.  It needed it. :)

I would love to see the Remixed and Revisted on Vinyl as you described.  Take my Mcmoney!  LOL!

29 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think you should keep in mind that this is a deal that is happening on all formats.  I don't believe it's only aimed at sprucing up her digital and streaming catalog.  I do believe this will produce more special curated releases on all formats, and yes, I do believe the deluxe re-issues for landmark albums will come eventually.  I know many seem to be stuck on just that aspect of the deal and dismissing everything else.  I think her digital and steaming catalog is really starting to shape up.  It needed it. :)

I would love to see the Remixed and Revisted on Vinyl as you described.  Take my Mcmoney!  LOL!

Yeah, I know, but I was just kind of exaggerating in my first post :) since this is ALL that we have got in the last 2 years, I don't really expect anything more except some more digital singles with remixes at this moment. I somehow accepted the fact (or rather persuaded myself) this Warner deal might be really "only" about re-releasing her singles online, with some surprise releases from time to time (as FEL), so I am not disappointed if nothing, no reissue comes on multiple formats in near future. And if it will come, I will be just genuinely surprised. 

I kind of did it to calm myself down so I am not obsessed with this Warner deal for another 2 years, that's all :)

8 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Unreleased demos suck. Colored vinyl doesn't. Simple.

There's a reason they were cut from the album babes...

Adding to your post... Why can't we have both?  Just because some of us want colored vinyl or any vinyl, doesn't equate to us not wanting demos?  I don't recall anyone posting that.  I think most fans would love demos officially released, but it's probably not going to happen.  Though, those colored vinyls are more likely being it so popular at the moment. :)

2 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, I know, but I was just kind of exaggerating in my first post :) since this is ALL that we have got in the last 2 years, I don't really expect anything more except some more digital singles with remixes at this moment. I somehow accepted the fact (or rather persuaded myself) this Warner deal might be really "only" about re-releasing her singles online, with some surprise releases from time to time (as FEL), so I am not disappointed if nothing, no reissue comes on multiple formats in near future. And if it will come, I will be just genuinely surprised. 

I kind of did it to calm myself down so I am not obsessed with this Warner deal for another 2 years, that's all :)

Just do what I do, think in the back of your mind, the re-issues will come #soon.  I do believe it will happen, but I guess Warner, Madonna and her team are focusing more right now. in updating her digital and streaming catalog and throwing some special unique curated releases.  "I'm lovin' it!" :Madonna017:

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Just do what I do, think in the back of your mind, the re-issues will come #soon.  I do believe it will happen, but I guess Warner, Madonna and her team are focusing more right now. in updating her digital and streaming catalog and throwing some special unique curated releases.  "I'm lovin' it!" :Madonna017:

Nah, I really put any re-issues completely out of my mind after July 27th. If they come, fine with me, I start to be happy then, but for now I only looking forward visiting tour and reissue are out for me. :)

But I will continue to make fun of incompetency at Warner in this thread, no worries :Madonna008:

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Adding to your post... Why can't we have both?  Just because some of us want colored vinyl or any vinyl, doesn't equate to us not wanting demos?  I don't recall anyone posting that.  I think most fans would love demos officially released, but it's probably not going to happen.  Though, those colored vinyls are more likely being it so popular at the moment. :)

I agree. I would not be against receiving officially-released demos as part of this deal. But for me, the vinyls are preferable haha

12 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Unreleased demos suck. Colored vinyl doesn't. Simple.

There's a reason they were cut from the album babes...

Colored vinil doesnt for those who collect vinyls. I couldnt care less about this format and i dont understand that obsession about different colors or stickers on the cover, but I respect. On the other hand, other fans would like to purchase different formats as well: Box sets, DVDs, blurays, CD albuns, CD singles, k-7, Books, calendars, commemorative anniversaries on streaming with an unreleased song or remix,  but in the end of the day, we get a colored purple like a prayer vinyl with the same songs and a different sticker.

Just now, lap said:

Colored vinil doesnt for those who collect vinyls. I couldnt care less about this format and i dont understand that obsession about different colors or stickers on the cover, but I respect. On the other hand, other fans would like to purchase different formats as well: Box sets, DVDs, blurays, CD albuns, CD singles, k-7, Books, calendars, commemorative anniversaries on streaming with an unreleased song or remix,  but in the end of the day, we get a colored purple like a prayer vinyl with the same songs and a different sticker.

Give it 2 me immediately :Madonna001: