MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Guess what you guys! It just occurred to me that I've had tea in my instagram inbox this whole entire time, regarding this deal. 

I suppose I was so blinded by hope for an announcement on July 27th [aka the actual anniversary date] that I mentally pushed aside this information I had priorly received.

Addiction to Vinyl is a reputable source for vinyl record news & releases, and they are reliably accurate in their reporting. They tend to know information about certain releases before the news has even been announced.

On June 7th, I privately messaged them and asked about the MDNA vinyl repress which had just been announced. They confirmed to me that it was only a standard black repress of the previously released product. HOWEVER, they then proceeded to reveal insider information they had received about the "expansive deluxe editions" of Madonna's studio albums.

According to AtV, all of Madonna's albums will be given the deluxe edition treatment over the course of the next 5 years. They will be re-released in order on colored vinyl and the first one should be appearing around September!

Once again, this was told to me back in early June, so the plan was allegedly never to coincide with the actual 40th anniversary in July, nor the original commencement of the tour. I personally trust this source and I look forward to September :hyper:

So the big Sept release is the Madame X Tour? Hmmmm

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

So we are just getting vinyl ? What’s the fucking point ? You can get all her albums on vinyl for the last 30 years on eBay ??? That doesn’t make it an expansive or curated release in my book and why after 2 YEARS nothing new or unreleased yet ? Why hasn’t M or anyone discussed this campaign in interviews or on any social media - it just doesn’t make any sense to me ….

You're always getting your panties in a wad. We get it - you hate vinyl. Do you honestly think that they will not release CDs and digital for all the reissues? Of course they will! And for the record, you could buy old CDs of hers from the last 30 years too, so your argument makes no sense. I'm not even sure why you continue to lurk in this thread when you're never satisfied. 

17 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Hey again everyone, 

I reached out to Addiction to Vinyl again to press them for some clarification. We've just communicated within the past hour; here's what they said:

1. The reissues were "Originally due to start in September but obviously delayed a couple of months" which I think we can all understand, given the medical emergency and delay of the tour.
  2. They reaffirmed the plan "to rerelease all her albums in order in a deluxe treatment over the next 4 years." I assume a 5th year can be anticipated as well, for the later albums like MDNA and Rebel Heart. 
  3. I asked VERY pointedly if this is simply their interpretation of the press release, or if they received this information from someone in-the-know. I specifically addressed the fact that the press release only mentions landmark albums and not every album. Their verbatim response was, "A friend works at Warner and said its all albums in chronological order."

Of course, everyone is free to doubt it as you please. But I just want to keep you all in the loop of what I'm hearing.

Thank you. I appreciate your persistence.  This is great news, but I suspect this is most likely directed at her studio albums and even then I question if every album will get the treatment.  Still, what you post is promising, and I suspect that since the beginning the intention was to definitely re-issue Deluxe editions of "landmark albums", but I suspect it may be a bit subjective.  I highly doubt they are in the process of completing all her albums in this fashion, but the plan is to try to do so, or at least her most popular albums. 

"all abums in chronological order" may not necessarily mean they are releasing them during specific "anniversaries", but at the same time it doesn't mean they won't either.  Maybe the first album is coming later this year.  Maybe not.  Then maybe the focus is to make a big deal over Like A Virgin instead, being it was the album that launched her to World-wide success.  But as always, we have to remember to take all this info with a "grain of salt" and assume what we hear is actually what is happening.

There is no way the re-issues would only focus on only ONE format such as vinyls.  They would definitely would want to reach as many people as possible.  Meanwhile, it doesn't mean other curated projects won't happen in between.

I'm quite excited what could happen in the next few years. Done thinking that there is some particular timeline should be expected, when nothing has been promised in a timely fashion. In the end, I'm happy I am able to be patient with all this.  Of course, it isn't as perfect as I hoped it to be, but it doesn't mean the Warner deal isn't happening.  It's just not happening in the timeline we expect.

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Hey again everyone, 

I reached out to Addiction to Vinyl again to press them for some clarification. We've just communicated within the past hour; here's what they said:

1. The reissues were "Originally due to start in September but obviously delayed a couple of months" which I think we can all understand, given the medical emergency and delay of the tour.
  2. They reaffirmed the plan "to rerelease all her albums in order in a deluxe treatment over the next 4 years." I assume a 5th year can be anticipated as well, for the later albums like MDNA and Rebel Heart. 
  3. I asked VERY pointedly if this is simply their interpretation of the press release, or if they received this information from someone in-the-know. I specifically addressed the fact that the press release only mentions landmark albums and not every album. Their verbatim response was, "A friend works at Warner and said its all albums in chronological order."

Of course, everyone is free to doubt it as you please. But I just want to keep you all in the loop of what I'm hearing.

I said on this thread MONTHS AGO the plan was to release them in chronological order, and that’s why there was no Erotica 30th or Ray Of Light 25th. 
Maybe I’m wrong but I believe Paul McCartney did the same with his reissues.  
Let’s remember Madame X Live was pushed  back lone month, so maybe October/November could be an ideal time to re-release the first album. Time will tell, there is also going to be Black Friday RSD so we’ll see if they have something planned for that too. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I said on this thread MONTHS AGO the plan was to release them in chronological order, and that’s why there was no Erotica 30th or Ray Of Light 25th. 
Maybe I’m wrong but Paul McCartney did the same with his reissues.  
Let’s say again Madame X Live was pushed one month, so maybe October/November could be an ideal time to release the first album. Time will tell, there is also going to be Black Friday RSD so we’ll see if they have something planned for that too. 

Agree, I also think the project will need to be adaptive - vinyl might be out of fashion in 3 years - so the 'expansive' part of the re-release will need to hold the interest rather than the medium solely itself.

Just now, Jackie said:

Agree, I also think the project will need to be adaptive - vinyl might be out of fashion in 3 years - so the 'expansive' part of the re-release will need to hold the interest rather than the medium solely itself.

I don’t think vinyl will be out of fashion in 3 years but at the same time I believe cds are going to come back (not like in the 90s of course but you know what I mean). 
Even if I like the fantasy of them releasing deluxes only on vinyl (something Mariah did with the Butterfly album anniversary, even if there was nothing unreleased on it) just to make the OMG WHO CARES ABOUT VINYL fans going crazy, I’m pretty sure they will release them on cd too. 

Nice to again have something to talk about. I’m glad it’s gonna be chronological, I think it’s cool that way, builds anticipation etc

hope they are really expansive and not only colored vinyls. I’ve been withholding from buying Madonna vinyls for the past 2 years waiting for these releases, so I hope it pays to have waited. 

I saw a like a virgin and an Im breathless vinyls in a store the other day for $20 each but I did not buy them hoping we will the see the releases #soon. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I don’t think vinyl will be out of fashion in 3 years but at the same time I believe cds are going to come back (not like in the 90s of course but you know what I mean). 
Even if I like the fantasy of them releasing deluxes only on vinyl (something Mariah did with the Butterfly album anniversary, even if there was nothing unreleased on it) just to make the OMG WHO CARES ABOUT VINYL fans going crazy, I’m pretty sure they will release them on cd too. 

I'm gonna bet that the actual expansive deluxe re-issues will cover many formats.  So there isn't any concern that it's just gonna be Vinyl, unless it's going just be a re-issue of what's already available.  I think what the issue here is that some are just impatient (rightfully so) and are assuming that this is just some campaign only aimed at Vinyls.  If that was so, FEL wouldn't have happened on so many formats.  At the same time, Madonna and company are going to release certain thing exclusively to Vinyl while the bulk to all formats.  I have no doubt in that. :)

The other thought I've just had, is that if they are reissuing all of her albums on vinyl (let me just stick with vinyl for a second), maybe that doesn't mean they'll all be newly-curated deluxe editions. This could be where the confusion is coming in with the mention of "landmark albums" in the press release.

In other words, perhaps every album is getting a color vinyl pressing, but only particular "landmark" albums will additionally be getting an expanded deluxe version with multiple formats in addition to the color vinyl.

Does this make sense? :seeno:

11 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

The other thought I've just had, is that if they are reissuing all of her albums on vinyl (let me just stick with vinyl for a second), maybe that doesn't mean they'll all be newly-curated deluxe editions. This could be where the confusion is coming in with the mention of "landmark albums" in the press release.

In other words, perhaps every album is getting a color vinyl pressing, but only particular "landmark" albums will additionally be getting an expanded deluxe version with multiple formats in addition to the color vinyl.

Does this make sense? :seeno:

Yes, it makes sense. I think what we are up against here is "time".  It's been two years since the new Warner deal which includes cultivating her back catalog. As many have already expressed, even before the announcement, her back catalog started getting upgraded. It's just not only Vinyl. Many digital tracks have been added to the digital and streaming platforms since and before this deal has been announced. Some are over exaggerating the Vinyl inclusions, only because it's lately been more exclusive than what's been released digitally and on streaming platforms.  Still, it's quite limited and the majority of her back catalog is still available on ALL formats.  It's just we've entered a period where Vinyl is making a huge comeback and so there's some exclusivity to that format for certain releases. It still doesn't change the fact that her digital and streaming platform has been far more updated than the few Vinyl released in the last few years. 

Like mentioned, the "landmark re-issues" will come in ALL formats.  And certainly with the popularity of Vinyl, they will extend this to Colored Vinyl as well.

5 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Hey again everyone, 

Thank you for all the info :) so nice to read at least some speculations in this thread after a long time.

But I am gonna play a devil's advocate for a bit. 

If the first reissue was supposed to happen in September, wouldn't we got a pre-order announcement months ago? Like in early July? It shouldn't be delayed because of her health then. 

And the second, I still don't understand what reissues have to so with her health actually. September is fine but seems to be a completely random month to do a reissue since

A) it is not tied in with 40th anniversary 

B) clearly absolutely not tied with the Celebration Tour that was supposed to start months before as well

So just thinking out loud.. If September is or was supposed to happen, wouldn't we already see some announcement from Warner re preoders? Moreover, since it is not connected to neither 40th nor is it to Celebration Tour, why delay? Why delay because of Madonna health? She would have been touring in September anyway so not doing any promo for this reissue. Warner can easily reissue any album on coloured vinyl without her presence. 

Not saying you are wrong or anything :) I know you are just interpreting what was told to you. But I am just trying to connect the dots here and for now it doesn't make a complete sense to me. 

So, if true, that'll mean we'll be getting almost 3 releases a year then (14 studio albums) - 

Year 1 Q4 2023 / 2024 - Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue

Year 2 - 2025 - Like A Prayer,  Erotica, Bedtime Stories

Year 3 - 2026 - Ray of Light, Music, American Life

Year 4 - 2027 - Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA

Year 5 - 2028 - Rebel Heart, Madame X?

+ twice yearly RSD drops + new albums/ singles?

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

So, if true, that'll mean we'll be getting almost 3 releases a year then (14 studio albums) - 

Year 1 Q4 2023 / 2024 - Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue

Year 2 - 2025 - Like A Prayer,  Erotica, Bedtime Stories

Year 3 - 2026 - Ray of Light, Music, American Life

Year 4 - 2027 - Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA

Year 5 - 2028 - Rebel Heart, Madame X?

+ twice yearly RSD drops + new albums/ singles?

By year 5 surely there will be a 15th album too?

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

Thank you for all the info :) so nice to read at least some speculations in this thread after a long time.

But I am gonna play a devil's advocate for a bit. 

If the first reissue was supposed to happen in September, wouldn't we got a pre-order announcement months ago? Like in early July? It shouldn't be delayed because of her health then. 

And the second, I still don't understand what reissues have to so with her health actually. September is fine but seems to be a completely random month to do a reissue since

A) it is not tied in with 40th anniversary 

B) clearly absolutely not tied with the Celebration Tour that was supposed to start months before as well

So just thinking out loud.. If September is or was supposed to happen, wouldn't we already see some announcement from Warner re preoders? Moreover, since it is not connected to neither 40th nor is it to Celebration Tour, why delay? Why delay because of Madonna health? She would have been touring in September anyway so not doing any promo for this reissue. Warner can easily reissue any album on coloured vinyl without her presence. 

Not saying you are wrong or anything :) I know you are just interpreting what was told to you. But I am just trying to connect the dots here and for now it doesn't make a complete sense to me. 

Madame X Live is coming next month and pre-order started last week. The original release date was this month with pre-orders last month and that was pushed back for her health (as I said in the thread when everybody insisted it was cancelled). 
I believe releasing something when she was seriously sick didn’t look good for Warner. 
Gaga’s just released The Fame 15th anniversary vinyl (and it’s nothing more than a colored vinyl) and the vinyl is coming this Friday. I know we got the FEL boxset pre-order months before but it’s not a law, especially now. 
2023 is her 40th anniversary, so it still makes sense starting the albums reissues this year even if it’s December for example. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Madame X Live is coming next month and pre-order started last week. The original release date was this month with pre-orders last month and that was pushed back for her health (as I said in the thread when everybody insisted it was cancelled). 
I believe releasing something when she was seriously sick didn’t look good for Warner. 
Gaga’s just released The Fame 15th anniversary vinyl (and it’s nothing more than a colored vinyl) and the vinyl is coming this Friday. I know we got the FEL boxset pre-order months before but it’s not a law, especially now. 
2023 is her 40th anniversary, so it still makes sense starting the albums reissues this year even if it’s December for example. 

If it's just colored vinyl I understand, no need to announce anything. But if they are going to do a real reissue (with some bonuses and stuff) I would expect they are going to do some announcement and pre-orders at least a month before an actual release to cover an increased demand from fans. Damn, we even knew about MDNA repress from Interscope sooner than this. 

3 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

If it's just colored vinyl I understand, no need to announce anything. But if they are going to do a real reissue (with some bonuses and stuff) I would expect they are going to do some announcement and pre-orders at least a month before an actual release to cover an increased demand from fans. Damn, we even knew about MDNA repress from Interscope sooner than this. 

Madonna’s health scare was in June, so if a September release was planned it makes sense we didn’t get a July pre-order. 

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Madonna’s health scare was in June, so if a September release was planned it makes sense we didn’t get a July pre-order. 

Still it doesn't explain how is she needed in person for a basically "simple" reissue of one album out of 14 (especially if she was supposed to be touring the world at that time) 

... But we will see, I guess 

There's something about this idea of three-four album reissues at the same time that doesn't make sense with the planning so far with all the rest of releases. They haven't released different physical projects at the same time since the 2021 announcement.

But we'll see.

If we're getting bunches of three albums at the same time I think we can forget about super detailed expanded editions. Hope to be proven wrong!

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

Still it doesn't explain how is she needed in person for a basically "simple" reissue of one album out of 14 (especially if she was supposed to be touring the world at that time) 

... But we will see, I guess 

It’s not like she’s needed, but it doesn’t look good. “Madonna just left the hospital, her tour is postponed but here’s the pre-order of the deluxe of her first album!

That’s the reason Madame X was pushed back. 

50 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There's something about this idea of three-four album reissues at the same time that doesn't make sense with the planning so far with all the rest of releases. They haven't released different physical projects at the same time since the 2021 announcement.

But we'll see.

If we're getting bunches of three albums at the same time I think we can forget about super detailed expanded editions. Hope to be proven wrong!

Maybe I haven’t read that passage, but it doesn’t say they are going to release 3 albums  at the same time but they are going to release it in chronological order. I can see 3/4 albums each year.