MDNA + Rebel Heart - filler = ?

Starchild

Agree  - her voice sounds too  shrill and slightly grating on some tracks like Living For Love and most of MDNA  with a few exceptions like Falling Free which is just less produced than the rest of the album
I don't think pitching up her vocals into a higher key helped for MDNA  - the engineers did not really handle her vocals great on both albums and how they mixed the tracks. She has sounded better live or on some tracks since or around the same time so think she can /could still sing much better than how she sounded on both those albums. She can't have had the best engineers for these albums or maybe was just rushed or the sound she wanted. Her voice sounded loads better on Confessions and how it was mixed with the instrumentation but I know was stronger then

For the icon of music that she is, it’s really quite startling how mishandled the production of her vocals (and music, to extent) have been in these case examples.
There’s definitely a consensus out there in the general public that M has released subpar music for over a decade now.
That’s a huge elephant in the room.

My version of MDNA...honestly its in my top 3 albums with Erotica and Confessions. My only real hatred is Love Spent and I honestly feel Masterpiece doesnt fit the narrative to the album at all. Also after seeing the tour I feel the sequence should've been different.

32fc8704-fdc3-4e78-84a2-4d380a0bb70b.png

On 7/17/2022 at 4:33 AM, Aiwa08 said:

The only fillers in MDNA are Superstar, B-Day Song, Best Friend and the stupid bonus track Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock remix). Without these tracks, MDNA would be a perfect album. Anyway, MDNA is almost a perfect album.

*Looks at its critical reception and overall reputation among the fandom*

shes-reaching-your-honor-42984455.png

No but seriously if you were to take the best tracks from both albums, ditch all the filler, and combine the good songs into a new album, you'd have a really strong pop album. Rebel Heart is the most bloated one of the two albums but also the easiest one to reduce imo, at least for me since there are few songs on it that I genuinely like.

@Nahual No, I'm sorry. I love "Madonna-DNA" the way it is. And to me is almost at perfect album with the exception of the singles and four tracks (and these four tracks are really bad). And the tour is impressive. 

Also I can look "Erotica" reception and overall reputation among the fandom in 1992... (And no, I'm not comparing Erotica with MDNA, only the hate).

I remember once my ex and I picked up his spoiled rotten rich friend (we were so broke atm) we were driving along while I was playing MDNA quietly and Love Spent was on for a few minutes, out of nowhere she says all bitchily “what’s up with this song and this woman whining about money?” and it was just so awkward as I would have ejected her from the vehicle while his broke ass worshipped her. I think my ex put on some dumb shit like Mumford & Sons to pacify her. Ugh she was so obnoxious. Way to miss the whole point of the song, Cher.

Think High School GIF by Paramount Movies

@Nahual No, I'm sorry. I love "Madonna-DNA" the way it is. And to me is almost at perfect album with the exception of the singles and four tracks (and these four tracks are really bad). And the tour is impressive. 
Also I can look "Erotica" reception and overall reputation among the fandom in 1992... (And no, I'm not comparing Erotica with MDNA, only the hate).

Oh, the tour was phenomenal. It broke her though.