Sibling / Cousin Songs…?

MPowered

Now, this may not be exactly related to the tour but it's an interesting topic that popped up when talking about possible medleys and segment placements.

Are there song pairs or triplets that you feel are somehow related to each other (lyrically, sonically, etc.)?

For example… a lot of people link Cherish and True Blue with each other. They obviously come from different eras but they have a very similar vibe going on. The video for Cherish even looks as if it was shot a day after the PDP video because of her going back to that hairstyle. 😂

Another example: Gambler and Over and Over highly energetic songs with an 80s rock vibe.

Do you know more…?

I think someone else mentioned Causing A Commotion / Into the Groove in the same thread

You'll See feels like a follow up to Take A Bow, both ballads and similar themes in the video

Spotlight & Holiday are very similar, although not that surprising since they written by the same people

For me, Burning Up and Gambler are two peas in a pod and I love them both

Finally, Hey You and a bowl of vomit

20 hours ago, Curator said:

I think someone else mentioned Causing A Commotion / Into the Groove in the same thread

You'll See feels like a follow up to Take A Bow, both ballads and similar themes in the video

Spotlight & Holiday are very similar, although not that surprising since they written by the same people

Yes, those 3 examples are real cousins !

Shanti/Ashtangi & Cyber-raga too!

Papa Don't Preach & Oh Father kinda…

La Isla Bonita & Who's That Girl obviously

Justify My Love & Waiting (the latter uses a chopped up sample from the former for its chorus)

Vogue & Deeper and Deeper are also closely related.

Rain & I'll Remember also have sibling videos.

Jump is like a modern version of Keep It Together in a way.

Celebration and Holiday are also two of a kind.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:35 PM, Curator said:

For me, Burning Up and Gambler are two peas in a pod and I love them both

Finally, Hey You and a bowl of vomit

Madonna fans disliking Hey You... What else?

A charity song that represents the greatest honor she had in her career from the music world: being the main act in Live Earth, after Queen in Live Aid and Mc Cartney representing The Beatles in Live8.

And above it all, a great, intelligent, lovely Madonna song. It should be the holy song for every fan worthy of being called fan.

8 hours ago, like a light said:

Madonna fans disliking Hey You... What else?

A charity song that represents the greatest honor she had in her career from the music world: being the main act in Live Earth, after Queen in Live Aid and Mc Cartney representing The Beatles in Live8.

And above it all, a great, intelligent, lovely Madonna song. It should be the holy song for every fan worthy of being called fan.

WHAT?

:ahh: