Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

17 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I never said I worked at a hospital or for M’s team. But they didn’t wait several days to inform the public of a horse riding fall back in August of 2005.

UK tabloid press and US tabloids are both the worst but different. Back then the UK tabloid press was relentless. They hacked phone lines, payed people and did whatever they had to do to get the information. She was probably advised to do it to avoid more invasion to her privacy.

The fact that it happened on Saturday but we didn't know until Wednesday shows they didn't need to inform earlier and they were protecting her privacy and probably waiting to have a better knowing of what was going on with her health and situation.

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Why would it be updated on wikipedia before anywhere else?

It seems unlikely to me they could even have made a decision already of what they are going to do let alone scheduling new dates.

Exactly 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

This is why I wish Liz was still around.

It’s obvious that Guy O had to rush release a statement because he was informed The NY Post was going to publish that article on Wednesday.

If Liz was still around, she would have published a statement the day it happened. It’s bizarre that 1) they waited almost 5 to say something, and 2) if there was no improvement, were they just not going to say anything at all?

Maybe they waited until things got clear… 

I don't understand why anyone is questioning what Guy posted? He didn't really give a lot of details.  He shouldn't have to, other than state that she was sick, in the hospital and commitments are on pause.  He's not obligated to share anymore to the public.  I'm sure he wanted to beat the media in reporting it as well as give heads up that the tour will not be starting as planned.  Stating she was in the ICU, tells us how serious it most likely was.  To wait nearly four days to say anything, tells me something serious was going on and they weren't' sure of her outcome and didn't want to say anything just yet.  Makes sense to me. No need to send fans and public in a frantic those days, when they weren't sure of the outcome themselves. 

I don't want to sound negative, but don't you think the situation is being poorly managed by her team?

We should have received an update from them at this point. And this has nothing to do with her privacy.

We know she is doing well because Debi & Rosie were kind enough to think about her fanbase and post something, but we haven't heard anything from their team, and yes, we are her fanbase and we are worried and it is the least they could do.

5 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I don't want to sound negative, but don't you think the situation is being poorly managed by her team?

We should have received an update from them at this point. And this has nothing to do with her privacy.

We know she is doing well because Debi & Rosie were kind enough to think about her fanbase and post something, but we haven't heard anything from their team, and yes, we are her fanbase and we are worried and it is the least they could do.

No.  They are probably still trying to figure things out. Rescheduling shows isn't easy.  I'm sure they are trying to get all their ducks in a row before making a statement and/or announce what is being cancelled and rescheduled.

Judging by the state of these news sites, I’m very surprised that this didn’t leak to the press earlier to be honest, or any nurses had leaked any pictures to the press for money. 
Had the news of her being admitted to ICU and being unresponsive on the Saturday, it would’ve been a media frenzy. 

Just now, danielsevilla said:

Sorry, what things?

I am not talking about the tour.

A simple gesture as Debi or Rosie had would be nice and reassuring coming from her team.

The silence is simply worrying and frustrating.

No, we aren't owed anymore than what has been said.  Guy said she was going to make a full recovery.  It's only been two days since then.  Just chill and  be patient.  :)

9 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

Not at all. The original statement said she’s on the mend and the updates from Rosie and Debi confirm that. 
Until she’s back on her feet what’s there to say? 
Probably the next update will come from Madonna personally whenever she’s feeling up for it

6 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

Sorry, what things?

I am not talking about the tour.

A simple gesture as Debi or Rosie had would be nice and reassuring coming from her team.

The silence is simply worrying and frustrating.

Guy's statement was only two days ago. The news about her going back home and Debi and Rosie confirming she's OK was yesterday.

I know it feels like ages already cause it was such a shock and we care about her and we wish she would post something herself, but it's been only two days, there's no "silence" really. She's recovering. Posting a video from bed if she's unwell is not really her style anyway (others celebrities do that, or from hospital, but definitely not her).

8 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I was talking about a reassuring statement, like Debi did. It is her team, and we are her fanbase. I am pretty sure we were all really happy yesterday when we read it.

So my point here is that her team is basically not doing their job (or considering we can be worried).

What else more can they say then what Guy posted?  Her team doesn't owe us anymore than what Guy has told us. 

I do understand where you are coming from as fans.  We want to know more about her recovery.  But again, it's only been a few days,  let's just be patient.

15 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I was talking about a reassuring statement, like Debi did. It is her team, and we are her fanbase. I am pretty sure we were all really happy yesterday when we read it.

So my point here is that her team is basically not doing their job (or considering we can be worried).

Her team is doing what they have to do: being professional. Again, we're not family and are not owed a daily update on her. Would be nice? Yes. But that's as far as it goes.

I can't see Guy Oseary posting a daily update "she's OK, guys!" especially if there's nothing new to report yet. When there are proper news like the new start date for the tour and rescheduled shows I'm sure they'll say. Maybe they don't even know that yet cause surely it depends on her health evolution.

I've been very critical of Guy in some things in the past but honestly I can't see how they're not doing the right thing now. The fact that the news didn't leak and became a media circus since Sunday is a miracle. They've done the right thing.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

he fact that the news didn't leak and became a media circus since Sunday is a miracle. They've done the right thing.

Exactly.  I'm sure they didn't want to say anything while she was in the hospital because the media would be staked outside, causing safety issues.  I'm sure the hospital was greatly appreciative of it because having a media frenzy outside the hospital could really put stress on emergency services or people trying to get in or out of the hospital.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Her team is doing what they have to do: being professional. Again, we're not family and are not owed a daily update on her. Would be nice? Yes. But that's as far as it goes.

I can't see Guy Oseary posting a daily update "she's OK, guys!" especially if there's nothing new to report yet. When there are proper news like the new start date for the tour and rescheduled shows I'm sure they'll say. Maybe they don't even know that yet cause surely it depends on her health evolution.

I've been very critical of Guy in some things in the past but honestly I can't see how they're not doing the right thing now. The fact that the news didn't leak and became a media circus since Sunday is a miracle. They've done the right thing.

I don't need a daily update. But if she is at home and recovering, it would have been nice to receive an update like this from her team, not from her friends. You can update people with a message like this and still be professional.

And yes, is coming from a caring about her fans place ❤️

7 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I don't need a daily update. But if she is at home and recovering, it would have been nice to receive an update like this from her team, not from her friends. You can update people with a message like this and still be professional.

And yes, is coming from a caring about her fans place ❤️

Your forgetting Madonna has a say in this.  How do you know she doesn't want anymore said until she can make a statement herself?  Otherwise, I simply expect what comes next from her "team"/manager will be an update, regarding the schedule changes for all her upcoming commitments when they are put in place. 

Madonna was secretly recording music with pop superstar just hours before hospital dash

"IT wasn’t just tour rehearsals which had Madonna feeling exhausted ahead of her collapse last weekend.

(...) I can reveal that just hours before being found unresponsive in her New York home, the Like A Prayer singer was locked in the studio with fellow pop superstar Katy Perry."

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/10966692/madonna-secretly-recording-music-katy-perry-before-hospital/

My two idols work together for the very first time and when it happens one ends up in hospital?! 😭 I love both so much I hope they will create music together after Madge is healthy and well!!! 

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Madonna was secretly recording music with pop superstar just hours before hospital dash

"IT wasn’t just tour rehearsals which had Madonna feeling exhausted ahead of her collapse last weekend.

(...) I can reveal that just hours before being found unresponsive in her New York home, the Like A Prayer singer was locked in the studio with fellow pop superstar Katy Perry."

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/10966692/madonna-secretly-recording-music-katy-perry-before-hospital/

My two idols work together for the very first time and when it happens one ends up in hospital?! 😭 I love both so much I hope they will create music together after Madge is healthy and well!!! 

25rwft.jpg