CbT: What setlist adjustments would you make?

MPowered

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The original setlist had an entire section along with two or three more songs in it.

And she had to remove it because she couldn't perform anymore by the way she was rehearsing it every single concert.

She went by her own health forced to scrap this section.

So I don't believe she could handle any 30min more of concert length, let alone a whole 1h.

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This.

Plus the current show felt short in general. That might just be the fact there's no dull moments. But I feel like we could have gotten atleast 2 more songs.

Oh my goodness, show felt short but it runs approx. 2h35min. This is 50 minutes more than the Re-Invention Tour which she did 20 years ago...

On 2/8/2024 at 1:14 PM, karlafalves said:

I don't think I'd change the setlist at all, there is a pretty storytelling underneath it that fits perfectly with the songs.

Anyway, the only change I'd make would be replace the shortened performance of Vogue for a full one. It really let me down seeing such an anthem performed by pieces.

Yeah, I wouldn't change anything either.  It's her vision and if I were to suggest changed to what I prefer then it would no longer be her vision. But I understand why some want to hear longer or the original versions of certain songs.  I know I would prefer Crazy For You in full and Like A Virgin I rather it be a live performance, even though she's probably sick and tired of performing that song. :)

Would not change much

Change Into the Hollywood Groove for the original Version/lyrics 

Replace Bitch Im Madonna + with small elements of GMAYL Music and Celebration to Music with small elements of GMAYL, Celebration and Bitch' Im Madonna

Replace remix used in the Brit Awards 95 of Bedtime Story for the Bedtime Story Performance

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the show, but it's not perfect, so I'd change something

- I would remove the interlude with Michael Jackson and replace it with something else.

- I would perform Rain in its original version, with clearer harmonies, including the bridge and the ending. Alternatively, The Power Of Goodbye, performed in lip sync with a brand new recording, purposely imperfect to give the impression of a live performance, perhaps with some live sung phrases, similar to how Celebration was done during the MDNA Tour. Or even Ghosttown, which I believe is a song perfectly suited to her voice (at least her 2015 voice).

- I would add Oh Father, since I know she rehearsed it and it was a beautiful performance.

- I would change the ending a bit, perhaps even the costume. Maybe I would change the song altogether, like doing just a snippet of BIM and transitioning to Music or Celebration, or Music/Celebration with elements of BIM. I know her endings are always celebratory; during rehearsals, she briefly considered closing with TPOG, which she didn't like and removed. However, I know this ending isn't terrible but it's also not my favorite; it's her weakest concert finale ever.