The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

17 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Thank you.  Anyone expecting a NEW album of NEW material in the coming months are going to be very disappointed.  Clearly, Alexa was referring to the MX Live album. :)

Exactly! :)

Moreover it was revealed by some insider few months ago, she is definitely not making a new album (but I don't remember the source, tbh) 

Plus, when exactly was she supposed to record it? Between preparing for a tour in the last six months, doing few collaborations and possibly curating reissues? Unless she was recording it in her bathroom, a single info would have leaked already. I know there is still confusion regarding her cooperation with Max Martin, but it happened very quickly and Max confirmed they made a one single song together, so definitely not a new album anytime soon. 

I personally don't expect a new album until 2025, even 2026. She will be touring until 2024, let's be honest, she is not the youngest so at the age of 66yo, she will need some time to recover after doing so many shows. Then, I expect she will be rather pushing her bio movie to move forward. Maybe after then, she will be bored again and decide to make another album. But I honestly don't expect more than one or two albums from her (my bet would be only one, very last one). I know it is difficult to read, but she will be hitting 70yo, so she will be probably focusing more on spending time with her children than recording new stuff. She did it all anyway in the last 40 years. 

46 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Exactly! :)

Moreover it was revealed by some insider few months ago, she is definitely not making a new album (but I don't remember the source, tbh) 

Plus, when exactly was she supposed to record it? Between preparing for a tour in the last six months, doing few collaborations and possibly curating reissues? Unless she was recording it in her bathroom, a single info would have leaked already. I know there is still confusion regarding her cooperation with Max Martin, but it happened very quickly and Max confirmed they made a one single song together, so definitely not a new album anytime soon. 

I personally don't expect a new album until 2025, even 2026. She will be touring until 2024, let's be honest, she is not the youngest so at the age of 66yo, she will need some time to recover after doing so many shows. Then, I expect she will be rather pushing her bio movie to move forward. Maybe after then, she will be bored again and decide to make another album. But I honestly don't expect more than one or two albums from her (my bet would be only one, very last one). I know it is difficult to read, but she will be hitting 70yo, so she will be probably focusing more on spending time with her children than recording new stuff. She did it all anyway in the last 40 years. 

I have a feeling we may get a couple new songs before a new album.  Like you mentioned, we know she worked with Max Martin on one song.  My thought it may be a new song for the tour, and it will be released once the tour starts.  But that's me just guessing. I just can't imagine the song has been shelved.  And what better way to kick off a new song with a celebratory tour that celebrates her career. Max even said the song was very much 80's. 

Though, I believe she is capable of several more studio albums.  I don't being close to 70 will change anything. After all, there are plenty of older muscians still releasing new work well into their 70's and 80's.  Just look at Cher, last I heard she's working on several albums, including a Christmas album.  The only thing I can see keeping Madonna from recording new albums in the future is her health. 

3 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I assume artists create when they feel inspired. Perhaps she was in the mood to create/record -- and it became shelved for the time being. I also assume she has numerous demos we have no idea exist. 

there were pre fame demos she was listening to on IG during her biopic screenwriter era on IG that we'd never heard before

So much personal conjecture here. What we know is almost nothing. I think it’s safe to always assume that you know nothing about what Madonna is doing, who she is doing it with, what she thinks, what she has made plans for and when she is delivering anything. There are literally no precedents to base anything upon at this stage. What Madonna once did as a musician/artist is now irrelevant. The music industry is totally different. Albums are received totally differently. The business of selling albums is totally different. Madonna’s cultural impact is impossible to measure. There’s no way of guessing how the next few years will unfold. I try to remind myself regularly to just be grateful that she is still creatively active. 

34 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Hi darlings, it's M. Have you all been wanting new music? Well I have something to say about it... My new album, "Slipmat & Blanket" is out October 27th. Pre-order now to receive a free slipmat and blanket for an extra $95. 

1di7py.gif

BUY BUY BUY....  my wallets exposed!

12 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

What did they say ? I'm not on Twitter

That she should be recording some new songs with Nile Rodgers while touring in London. 

They are referring to Daily Star as a source, but I couldn't find any article there, so for now it is just an irrelevant tweet, not be taken seriously. 

1 minute ago, maddy1111 said:

That she should be recording some new songs with Nile Rodgers while touring in London. 

They are referring to Daily Star as a source, but I couldn't find any article there, so for now it is just an irrelevant tweet, not be taken seriously. 

F4NVcUGWEAA-CtC?format=webp&name=small

it's because it's in the actual newspaper