The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread πŸ‘‘

nikolica

On 9/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, bedtimestory said:

Judging by her last 2 generic singles : Vulgar and popular, Β not looking forward to her new music. SheΒ was brilliant till Rebel Heart era.

After that, her ''taste'' shifted to street/ rap asthetic. Bring back dance music!

Popular is great. Vulgar is not so good kinda like kylies singles.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I want her next album to be pure LOVE / DANCE record without any hidden meanings or messages… I doubt tho.Β 

The only Madonna album that would apply to that theme is her debut album, so I think you are going to be frustated by wanting something like that from Madonna of all artists...

There are plenty of pop girls that are happy to stay locked in this "pure LOVE / DANCE" though.

12 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

The only Madonna album that would apply to that theme is her debut album, so I think you are going to be frustated by wanting something like that from Madonna of all artists...

There are plenty of pop girls that are happy to stay locked in this "pure LOVE / DANCE" though.

That’s why she’s locked from radio stations…

Β 

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Hot take here but I believe M isn't any interested to release any new studio album as for now (most likely she will after tour ends).

I think she will need some rest for her body (including vocal cords) after tour, so don't see her hitting recording studio as soon as tour ends, and probably will need some rest from music as well, so she might focusing on her biopic for a while (polishing script).Β 

So I don't see a new album sooner than 2-3 years after the tour ends. But we might get that Max Martin song in the meantime and maybe few others surprising single releases (she was anyway in studio with some more producers), so it should not be dead quiet until new album (let's hope so)Β 

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

That’s why she’s locked from radio stations…

Β 

Maybe you're right, at least within the fanbase more people would be pleased for sure, but I think it would take a miracle to a woman in her mid 60s to be played on radio. She could come up with a song as good and universal as LAP, Vogue or Hung Up now but it would take a huge ammount of goodwill from the radio stations and the general public interestΒ to make it a hit.

Madonna hasΒ beenΒ "cringe, old and desperate" to the general public for more than a decade now, they won't be checking out her music regardless of theme orΒ genreΒ and you can't make a hit out of fanbase only (that also seems to hateΒ everything she does, as we know LOL).

8 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

Maybe you're right, at least within the fanbase more people would be pleased for sure, but I think it would take a miracle to a woman in her mid 60s to be played on radio. She could come up with a song as good and universal as LAP, Vogue or Hung Up now but it would take a huge ammount of goodwill from the radio stations and the general public interestΒ to make it a hit.

Madonna hasΒ beenΒ "cringe, old and desperate" to the general public for more than a decade now, they won't be checking out her music regardless of theme orΒ genreΒ and you can't make a hit out of fanbase only (that also seems to hateΒ everything she does, as we know LOL).

But Popular did and actually still doing great WW! So I guess it’s not about age.

7 minutes ago, Ayham said:

But Popular did and actually still doing great WW! So I guess it’s not about age.

Let's not pretend that The Weeknd doesn't play a huge role in that song being played on radio.Β  And even then, it's not played as much as some of his previous songs. In fact, it's radio that is keeping the song from entering top 40 in the U.S.. they aren't playing it enough.Β  Meanwhile the streaming is through the roof for the song.Β 

Any solo track from Madonna at this time, would require major payola from a record company and that still doesn't guarantee radio will get on board.Β 

I won't say it's not impossible, but expecting radio to play her solo work @ 65 plus years of age is more an likely not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Let's not pretend that The Weeknd doesn't play a huge role in that song being played on radio.Β  And even then, it's not played as much as some of his previous songs. In fact, it's radio that is keeping the song from entering top 40 in the U.S.. they aren't playing it enough.Β  Meanwhile the streaming is through the roof for the song.Β 

Any solo track from Madonna at this time, would require major payola from a record company and that still doesn't guarantee radio will get on board.Β 

I won't say it's not impossible, but expecting radio to play her solo work @ 65 plus years of age is more aΒ likely not going to happen.

Β I heard one radio presenter saying β€œnow let’s hear Madonna’s new song Popular” I swear I was laughing so loud! 🀣🀣🀣

Yeah kinda right but let’s hope!Β 

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

Β I heard one radio presenter saying β€œnow let’s hear Madonna’s new song Popular” I swear I was laughing so loud! 🀣🀣🀣

Yeah kinda right but let’s hope!Β 

That's shocking they even mention Madonna, being Weeknd would be more the draw on top 40 radio, being he's so popular right now.Β 

Just now, Cyber-Raga said:

I regularly hear Popular on the radio over here whose target demographic is 14-34. This is the first Madonna song that is getting frequent rotations since Celebration. It might not have been a Top 10 hit but it does attract an audience as it appears.Β 

You can bet that most are not even thinking of Madonna when listening to it.Β  But it's just nice to know that something new she's part of is getting top 40 radio attention.Β 

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

You can bet that most are not even thinking of Madonna when listening to it.Β  But it's just nice to know that something new she's part of is getting top 40 radio attention.Β 

At least the DJs/radio hosts do mention her when they announce the song. Either way, it’s nice that this song is actually connecting with an audience outside her core fan base.Β 

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

At least the DJs/radio hosts do mention her when they announce the song. Either way, it’s nice that this song is actually connecting with an audience outside her core fan base.Β 

That I agree. And maybe it will open the door to playing a new song from her.Β  :luv:Β  "Dance and Love" has been already done with her.Β  She doesn't need to repeat that.

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

"Dance and Love" has been already done with her.Β  She doesn't need to repeat that.

Well political, religious and sexual have been done and repeated multiple times with her. I agree with @Ayham that something, light, carefree and positive would be a fresh move.Β 

1 minute ago, Redha DBL said:

Well political, religious and sexual have been done and repeated multiple times with her. I agree with @Ayham that something, light, carefree and positive would be a fresh move.Β 

But she's done all that, so I don't think most would care unless she adds something controversial to the mix.Β 

9 hours ago, RebelMe said:

I would love if she released similar songs as COADF, Music, LAP, True Blue... I miss that M.

When I heard Max Martin work I immediately thought True Blue 80s era.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

She's never had a proper pop-rock era. I'd love to hear her express her feelings about near-death and recent breakups through 2000s-esque pop-rock bombast. I need her COMMITTED to the vision though.Β 

NoΒ