The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

2 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Woman Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

It'll never happen I know but I feel they would be so great like I get her obsession with NYC and post divorce from Guy Itchy it does make sense that the past 12 years she's had some disassociate with the UK sadly 

Despite her team knowing she has links there and for decades was obsessed here ...but yeah I'd adore if she did Brighton Pride 🌈 and the Royal Albert Hall and Glasto like just imagine that 

On 7/3/2024 at 5:23 PM, maddy1111 said:

Woman Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

I know that we can't change era but I do wonder 

Hard Candy if produced by Guetta, Calvin Harris, Price and PSB would've been a more solid transition , MDNA instead of going EDM if she went a more Jamie XX, orbit, Dev Hynes, BloodPop, Ariel Rechtshaid for that album with a power pop dream pop aesthetic and funk. Then Rebel Heart being Avicii, Ariel, Disclosure would've been I credible then Madame X, SOPHIE, honey Dijon, Mirwais, Arca would've been fascinating 

A slight change in aesthetic time and inventiveness would've been fascinating if she utilised queer trans feminist producers with her would've really painted incredible headlines too and reviewed better and stronger for sure would've been fascinating to see and hear 

3 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Hard Candy if produced by Guetta, Calvin Harris, Price and PSB would've been a more solid transition , MDNA instead of going EDM if she went a more Jamie XX, orbit, Dev Hynes, BloodPop, Ariel Rechtshaid for that album with a power pop dream pop aesthetic and funk. Then Rebel Heart being Avicii, Ariel, Disclosure would've been I credible then Madame X, SOPHIE, honey Dijon, Mirwais, Arca would've been fascinating 

I've literally got aroused! 

When it comes to new music…We know she met collaborators from the past last year and potentially worked on some songs with them.

Do you think the material was intended to be for a new album, some of the reissues or the movie?

is she going to wait to release new material until after the release of the biopic, because she hopes for the music to have a bigger impact then?

Also saw pics a while ago which claimed they’re taken from a new music video for a song called “golden pocket”…They were most likely AI generated though. :/

27 minutes ago, Frozen98 said:

She recorded Hard candy in London in 2007 though

Yeah it was Warner that wanted HC to be recreating Confessions success but for Stateside .....it sold less Stateside and globally the only album it sold more than was American Life and You Can Dance ...like ?!? Bizarre choice in hindsight it really is 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The UK was incredible for her creativity. She’s been a bit lost musically since she left it. Even her decisions to lean back more into US sound and energy with Hard Candy before she left was a turn pointing down. 

It was Warner that forced her to go that way she was having sessions with Price and booked Oet Shop Boys etc to do a follow up to Confessions and wind it down to end her contract but she went with what Warner said worked with Timbland and Pharrell and T*mberlake and K*Nye 

Bob Sinclar and Price and PSB to make a world music album would've been stronger I dare say 

On 7/5/2024 at 3:24 PM, ChromaticanMondasia said:

A slight change in aesthetic time and inventiveness would've been fascinating if she utilised queer trans feminist producers with her would've really painted incredible headlines too and reviewed better and stronger for sure would've been fascinating to see and hear 

This! 

The transitions between albums look forced on the past 4 eras. It was a perfect evolution from Ray of light - Music - American life - Confessions. And with the Interscope years she was stucked with the dark vibe BDSM thing... She doesn't like to repeat herself, BUT... 

14 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

It was Warner that forced her to go that way 

I don’t think so. I recall Stuart Price saying it was Madonna’s choice. I think she really wanted to get back on US radio. And she genuinely liked Justin Timberlake’s album.

3 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

This! 

The transitions between albums look forced on the past 4 eras. It was a perfect evolution from Ray of light - Music - American life - Confessions. And with the Interscope years she was stucked with the dark vibe BDSM thing... She doesn't like to repeat herself, BUT... 

That's the thing ...we had post punk disco diva debut, pop princess street urchin funk goddess like a virgin, mature pop elegant silver screen goddess, rebellious divorcee emotive expressive like a Prayer, retro throwback cinematic I'm breathless, graphic expressive out there and emotive erotica, self healing exploring introspective bedtime stories, maternal spiritual milleniyl futurist Ray of Light, grounded wedded British maternal folky music, political defensive protective identity conflict American life, reflective melancholy energetic personal confessions 

All these eras compliment each other beautifully spanning 25 years ....hard Candy is a strange one because it is throwback feminist and world aware but it'd the most contemporary chase trend she's ever been, Mdna was three years too late post divorce widow style theme but conflicted on energies, rebel heart she was devastated post MDNA tour and the ageism and body shaming she experienced and injuries she had and family conflict etc as well as political unrest so rebel heart was return to form excellence but deserved better treatment ! 42 track double album it should been with tonnes of visuals promoting it

Madame X woke and aware socially politically culturally emotionally maternally I do feel rebel heart and MX would've benefit being earlier and transgressive 

How many years have you been a fan if you think Madonna took instructions from Warner on what kind of album to make?

Sure Warner would curate and steer the projects she submitted but to suggest they said make an album with Pharell and Timbaland or else is the stuff of nonsense. 

and like I said. Her decision to lean more into that American sound post Confessions  is why I think Hard Candy is a stinker. 
Reading is what girls? 

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

How many years have you been a fan if you think Madonna took instructions from Warner on what kind of album to make?

Sure Warner would curate and steer the projects she submitted but to suggest they said make an album with Pharell and Timbaland or else is the stuff of nonsense. 

and like I said. Her decision to lean more into that American sound post Confessions  is why I think Hard Candy is a stinker. 
Reading is what girls? 

PSB said she was ready to record with them in London then boom ....Warner said she's going to be harnessing Timbland instead and cancelled their plans 

So from that I took that Warner yet again compromised she didn't really care that much long as the album was a hit the tour was the biggest push she had a huge number 1 single and a top 10 the album went multi platinum, her second lowest selling however at the time and the biggest tour for 15 years ! So win win all round though the tour was a distraction from guy Itchy and after that it took years for recovery I dare say

2 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

PSB said she was ready to record with them in London then boom ....Warner said she's going to be harnessing Timbland instead and cancelled their plans 

So from that I took that Warner yet again compromised she didn't really care that much long as the album was a hit the tour was the biggest push she had a huge number 1 single and a top 10 the album went multi platinum, her second lowest selling however at the time and the biggest tour for 15 years ! So win win all round though the tour was a distraction from guy Itchy and after that it took years for recovery I dare say

Her manager actually is more involved in a lot of that.  He suggests certain people she should work with. For Rebel Heart she complained because she ended up doing these "band camp" sessions and she was pissed at Guy for suggesting her to do it.   But ultimately, she decides her self, always has.  Warner has made suggestions as well, but again Madonna is ultimately in charge.  As for her music videos, they really have no say in those.  At best, she's alloted so much money to make videos, but it's up to her and the directors she chooses that come up with the concept and what is included in those videos.

9 hours ago, imakisoda said:

There were rumors. 

No, made-up tweets by random accounts are not rumors. 

I can start posting thousands of such "rumors" today. See... 

Madonna x Shakira (cannot wait!! ) 

Madonna x Lil Kim (stay tune for more!) 

Madonna x Awkwafina (new duo remix album) 

Madonna x Christopher Nolan (surprise song collab)