Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

4 hours ago, Gonzus said:

It's very simple: She/he has a sense of humour, which is welcome

About there being violence? Uhh ok? Also in general they are constantly spouting gibberish. But i guess its cute you trying to defend that?

Ok i see it's causing a huge fuss on the board cause i said i find the Like a vigin album her most "dated" album. It seems i don't get the sense of "dated" very well. As most of you probably know, english is not my natural language so it can happen that i use a word when actually it doesn't precisely mean what i'm trying to say. First of all i'm never ever gonna judge a piece of art by its release date and if i had to do so i'll probably rate anything old way higher than anything new. May it be music, film or art in general, i prefer by far anything from the past. I usually don't really love anything made with virtual assistance, so in a way, i prefer everything made pre 2000. I get from the answers that have been posted that "dated" mean old and that's the last thing i'd use to qualify something i don't like, quite the opposite, old is a usually a guarantee of good quality for me when it comes to music and movies. Now to get back to the Like a Virgin topic, according to my tastes, it's her 80's album that i like the less. I think the tracks lacks a freshness (even that word i'm not sire is the right one to express what i feel). Even if it was 1984, i could say the same, so it's not a question of time or date that i wanna express. All of her 80ns album have a freshness, less for Like a Prayer but it's a personnal album so it's coherent. Like a Virgin, to me, is not a really personnal and doesn't have that freshness. I think it's better explained that way.

4 minutes ago, deathproof said:

People are just making shit up. Theres nothing to prove that she worked with Leonard or BloodOrange. Or even Honey Dijon.

It's all fan speculation.

The Honey Dijon thing came from a press release for her own album, which explicitly stated she was 'working in the studio with Madonna on new material'. It was just a couple of months after Finally Enough Love came out so they could have potentially just been being creative with HD working on remixes.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

People are just making shit up. Theres nothing to prove that she worked with Leonard or BloodOrange. Or even Honey Dijon.

It's all fan speculation.

Honey Dijon mentioned it in some press release for her...this wasnt a david guetta/revolver situation lol

1 hour ago, Debord said:

The Honey Dijon thing came from a press release for her own album, which explicitly stated she was 'working in the studio with Madonna on new material'. It was just a couple of months after Finally Enough Love came out so they could have potentially just been being creative with HD working on remixes.

https://defected.com/music/releases/Honey-Dijon-black-girl-magic/

Screenshot_20240605_121320_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

About there being violence? Uhh ok? Also in general they are constantly spouting gibberish. But i guess its cute you trying to defend that?

Vey cute LOL. By the way, don't you think you are being violent when you decide how other members should express themselves for the sake of political correcteness, woke, or whatever? You are not the thought police. And I have nothing against you, believe me. But humour is necessary sometimes. It's HUMOUR, hellooooo. 

9 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

Vey cute LOL. By the way, don't you think you are being violent when you decide how other members should express themselves for the sake of political correcteness, woke, or whatever? You are not the thought police. And I have nothing against you, believe me. But humour is necessary sometimes. It's HUMOUR, hellooooo. 

No, what a weird question lol also last time i checked humor had to be funny 💁

22 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

You don't have the right to decide what's funny and what's not. What's funny for me might be not funny for you or other people, and viceversa.

By that logic you don't have the right either 🙅‍♂️ and it wasnt even your "joke"...also like i said it's been other weird stuff they say too 💁‍♂️ its ok i forgive you for inserting yourself into something that didnt involve you

13 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Not necessarily. The Weeknd and Sam Smith collabs were not revealed until they came out.

Having said that I don’t believe these Pat rumours. I would love if he worked on the score for the movie though.

They took pictures together beforehand and posted on IG though

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

By that logic you don't have the right either

But I wasn't complaining about the "joke", YOU were. You forgive me? Ooooh thank you Thought Cop, now I won't feel guilty and I'll sleep like a baby. Thanks for your condescending kindness.

BTW; I would loooove to see Madonna tied up for hours on a chair, head inside the oven in between, and then managing to escape to press charges LOL

20 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

But I wasn't complaining about the "joke", YOU were. You forgive me? Ooooh thank you Thought Cop, now I won't feel guilty and I'll sleep like a baby. Thanks for your condescending kindness.

BTY; I would loooove to see Madonna tied up for hours on a chair, head inside the oven in between, and then managing to escape to press charges LOL

K

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

https://defected.com/music/releases/Honey-Dijon-black-girl-magic/

So she herself didnt say it but its part of this press release for her then current album

The whole Honey Dijon "rumor" has trickled down to the fact Honey was spotted in the studio when she was putting FEL together.  There was no confirmation they recorded anything. 

As for Pat Leonard, there is no confirmation he worked with Madonna either. In fact, I thought he caught wind of the wishful thinking rumor a year or two back (before he vanished from social media) and asked people to stop speculating that the two have been working together and not begrudge her for not working with him.  He acknowledge that their time together is most likely over. 

Does that mean it's impossible for the two to work together again?  No!  I'm sure Pat will jump at the chance to work with her as Orbit would.  Personally, as much as I enjoyed their work together, there is no way anything they do will recapture the same magic they once had.  That has come and gone.  It doesn't mean they can't still produce a wonderful song, but it will never compare to the great work they've already done. 

Anyway, the whole idea this Biopic is coming back together may just be a rumor itself based on very little evidence.  After all, Dailymail and The Sun have a history of rehashing stories that aren't totally confirmed.  Still, It's not impossible to think she might be itching to get back to the film.  If she is, I'm fine with it.  My guess, she will find a way to get new music out within the next year or so as well.

I know she probably wants to drop M15 after the movie but its still such a waste of her current popularity not to release any new music. Like any other artist would have dropped something after such a huge event. 

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I know she probably wants to drop M15 after the movie but its still such a waste of her current popularity not to release any new music. Like any other artist would have dropped something after such a huge event. 

Would they?  I mean it was the end of a tour.  I'm sure you can show some examples, but I am not sure it's always something necessary.  There's such a thing is setting the stage. End with a positive band, and then sitting on it for awhile.  The problem is; Madonna isn't really on the tip of the general public's tongues like she used to be.  It's easier for fans to think "strike while the iron is hot", but it's possible in her case, that she needs to build up more momentum.  Of course, there will always be articles and media blurbs trying to take her down, but I think over all, she's in a positive light now.  So let it stew. The general public really isn't interested in new music, but if there is some tie to her older classics such as the Like A Prayer in the new Wolverine trailer, it just adds to the positive reminder how great she is.  It builds more momentum, so when she's ready to release an album, it's possible more people will pay attention.  Of course, I don't think she'll ever sell or create the same amount of buzz for her new albums like in the past, but Madonna does have a reputation of there's always some interested to peak at what she's doing next. 

I think her sitting out for a little while will be a plus, rather bombard the public with more music, especially since she won't tour it so soon being she just got off tour.  I don't really expect a new album until 2025 at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, Donna said:

The whole Honey Dijon "rumor" has trickled down to the fact Honey was spotted in the studio when she was putting FEL together.  There was no confirmation they recorded anything. 

But that's not some tabloid. Lol also it says NEW material. So no, its not trickled down to that. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But that's not some tabloid. Lol also it says NEW material. So no, its not trickled down to that. 

I think it's just speculation at this point. Again, there has been no real confirmation the two recorded anything new.  I think what you are referring to is stemming from the FEL studio appearance where Dijon went into either listen to over see the edit of the Honey Dijon mix for FEL.  :)