Angela Becker 2024 interview: PSB, Madonna and more

Prayer

Is Kabbalah was/is a cult and members paid to worship the leader... who was that leader then?

I'm not saying it wasn't exploitative and had a dark side to it (everything involving money has), but I don't think the general rules, so to speak, of cults, can apply there - I agree it's close, though.

On 8/16/2024 at 10:38 AM, Roland Barthes said:

And the Kaballah aspect was totally out of control as they were using rabbis as marital therapists and Kaballah (Torah) to win arguments over each other (guy & madonna) which was all the time. Another thing no ones ever mentionned, the mysterious woman who supposedly called her to ask her to do something about Malawi is bs. The church of Kaballah had already established itself in Malawi and the Bergs are the ones who told Madonna about it and how she could be "a healer" and seen as a dogooder, in fact it started as far as when the same rabbi told her to make these children books to fund the spirituality for kids charity which turned out to be an embezzlement. Madonna sought help from many governments and i know that the french government turned down her request because upon inspection the charity was heavily involved in Kaballah which is registered as a cult in France. They made her think she was special and had healing powers, was a superior being....which is funny considering she said many times Kaballah was responsable for taming her ego, in fact they controlled it to take her money and use her as a pawn to attract new followers. It all blew up when officials and the press investigated into her Malawi venture and she discovered she had been robbed, all the money she invested to build schools was gone. Tracy Anderson's bf was the one in charge. She sought help from Jeffrey Sachs and he really saved her ass in Malawi. Then the Bergs died. But yes, Madonna was heavily manipulated by the church of Kaballah in every aspect of her life and i wonder how it affected her and what it mentally did to her because it was her whole life. Everything she had built in the late 90's, early 00's was gone : her marriage, her "religion", Maverick, people close to her etc...I don't know what her ties are now to Michael Berg or the Church of Kaballah, it disappeared miraculously from the media and no one paid attention to it or said anything. Very good PR. As in almost every era of Madonna's life there's a big story there which has not been revealed at all. 

O M G

Is that the reason she stops going to Malawi? Anyway, it's better not to go there anytime soon since there's Monkeypox outbreak.

19 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

O M G

Is that the reason she stops going to Malawi? Anyway, it's better not to go there anytime soon since there's Monkeypox outbreak.

19 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

O M G

No that happened years ago, before the Mercy James hospital etc. She went to Malawi like two years ago. She didn’t last year and this year for health reasons for sure. Both David and Mercy went last month. 
Anyway I’m watching I’m going to tell you and..I always forget about the red string flashing during it. Some scary shit 😂

Interestingly, some years ago she said that at that time she was behaving as Saintdonna cause Guy Ritchie wanted her that way, but that was not her real self so it all flopped. But I always thought it was her spirituality the cause of it. 

Anyway, being controversial is an essential element of her public persona, but at the same time General Public adores her always that she is not so controversial, no matter what she does: ROL, True Blue, Confessions, Music...all pure hit when she is not so focused on LOL disturbing the peace.

41 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Anyway, being controversial is an essential element of her public persona, but at the same time General Public adores her always that she is not so controversial, no matter what she does: ROL, True Blue, Confessions, Music...all pure hit when she is not so focused on LOL disturbing the peace.

Totally agree ! I've already said the same thing a few years ago on the forum.

2 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Totally agree ! I've already said the same thing a few years ago on the forum.

Well it was pretty controversial to have a 47 yo dancing in leotards back then. 
ROL she had the baby as the controversy/attention.

Music def was the least controversial and most commercial era.

True blue she had papa dont preach

5 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Interestingly, some years ago she said that at that time she was behaving as Saintdonna cause Guy Ritchie wanted her that way, but that was not her real self so it all flopped.

I don't believe that is accurate. What gave you that impression?

I believe that M roped Guy into Kabbalah and spirituality, and not the other way around.

Let's stop scapegoating the men in her life regarding her own behaviour and choices.

Also, to those questioning her faith in more recent times, she did get a Tree Of Life tattoo in 2022...

55320771-10609963-image-a-1_164723775599

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I believe that M roped Guy into Kabbalah and spirituality, and not the other way around.

Again, let's stop scapegoating the men in her life for her behaviour and choices.

Also, to those questioning her faith in more recent times, let's not forget that she got a Tree Of Life tattoo in 2022...

Well it’s pretty common she said he basically wanted her to be the missus and that’s it. This is what she said to the Sun in 2015:

"I did sometimes find myself in a state of conflict. There were times when I wanted to express myself as an artist in ways that I don't think my ex-husband was comfortable with." She admitted, "There were times I felt incarcerated. I wasn't really allowed to be myself."

"It doesn't mean marriage is a bad thing," she said. "But if you're an artist, you've got to find someone who accepts who you are and is comfortable with that." 

6 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well it’s pretty common she said he basically wanted her to be the missus and that’s it. This is what she said to the Sun in 2015:

"I did sometimes find myself in a state of conflict. There were times when I wanted to express myself as an artist in ways that I don't think my ex-husband was comfortable with." She admitted, "There were times I felt incarcerated. I wasn't really allowed to be myself."

"It doesn't mean marriage is a bad thing," she said. "But if you're an artist, you've got to find someone who accepts who you are and is comfortable with that." 

She compromised herself for the entire relationship. It was pretty obvious. But I do think a lot of her output was influenced by him in a positive way as well. I mean, he encouraged her to play guitar again. There was a certain edginess to her work in those years.

4 hours ago, Starchild said:

Let's stop scapegoating the men in her life regarding her own behaviour and choices.

Also, to those questioning her faith in more recent times, she did get a Tree Of Life tattoo in 2022...

Yes and Guy still into Kaballah

She also made him cut his foreskin 😅

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She compromised herself for the entire relationship. It was pretty obvious. But I do think a lot of her output was influenced by him in a positive way as well. I mean, he encouraged her to play guitar again. There was a certain edginess to her work in those years.

Oh yes I agree. Also she looked genuinely happy with him and she was clearly in love since he was the last “man” she was with and after him she only went with twenty something. She was clearly burned. And during the Guy Ritchie years she was loved by everybody at least here in Europe so I have very fond memories of that time.

I did’t know he was still into Kaballah though. And it looks like he’s not on Instagram anymore.

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes, that was the interview, thank you! I think she said same things in other interviews too.

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

I agree. I don't remember where but i clearly remember some people close to M& Guy reporting at some points Guy had enough of Kabbalah being so present in their private life and intimacy, like some people of Kaballah, maybe the Bergs, being part of their private arguments to say who's wrong and what they have to do etc...

I just read on a comment above that Guy is supposedly still into kaballah but i strongly doubt it.

25 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Guy had enough of Kabbalah being so present in their private life and intimacy, like some people of Kaballah, maybe the Bergs, being part of their private arguments to say who's wrong and what they have to do etc...

Do we think the purple penetrator had been blessed by Kabbalah rabbis?

11 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Thanks for sharing that.

Based on what you quoted, I don't interpret it as he "wanted her to be the missus and that's it".

Most likely, she wanted to be her usual, sexy self surrounded by homosexuality, and that's where he dissuaded her.

Christopher Ciccone did call him a miserable homophobe based on his experience, so it kind of correlates.

Ironically, the Guy years were among her creative best.