Edit History

Veronica-Electronica

Veronica-Electronica

Initially was unable to remember the user who made the point about Confessions being a Kabbalah album, came across the post again and edited to reflect that it was @drownedboy

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

This is the birth of Confessions visually. The leotard, the corset.... Then obviously the horses which came back for the opening of the Confessions Tour. 

tumblr_o7acidcsJV1u6f32ao1_640.jpg

and the musical breakdown of MUSIC (Reinvention Tour) is the beginning of the sound of Confessions.... Or at least very similar to the breakdown of Hung Up. Every time I see/hear it I think of the birth of Confessions.  Even the same Disco Ball is used in the backdrop that comes back for Hung Up Confessions. 

@Drownedboy mentioned in the Angela Becker thread in the last couple of days that Confessions is probably her most Kabbalah influenced album, even though most would argue that is ROL.

I also noticed when rewatching IGTTYAS yesterday that near the end when she is in Israel, she is comparing and contrasting Catholicism and Judaism, and she states that Rosh Hashanah (specifically the process of looking back at your whole year and where you fucked up and hurt people) is “the real version of Confession”. 

Obviously Madonna has used Catholic language and imagery throughout her career, but considering the timing (IGTTYAS coming out just seven months after the release of Confessions, she must have been working on both simultaneously a while) and in context with the points above, I really could see for the first time the genesis of these ideas coming at the same point in time instead of totally separate projects.

Each of her eras usually feel so distinctly different from what has come before and what eventually comes after that it feels easy to consider them little capsules, separate from influence on each other. But obviously that is not the reality, and she would be in a constant state of development, little by little inching towards the next incarnation. 

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

This is the birth of Confessions visually. The leotard, the corset.... Then obviously the horses which came back for the opening of the Confessions Tour. 

tumblr_o7acidcsJV1u6f32ao1_640.jpg

and the musical breakdown of MUSIC (Reinvention Tour) is the beginning of the sound of Confessions.... Or at least very similar to the breakdown of Hung Up. Every time I see/hear it I think of the birth of Confessions.  Even the same Disco Ball is used in the backdrop that comes back for Hung Up Confessions. 

Someone else on here (I can’t recall who, sorry) mentioned in another thread in the last couple of days that Confessions is probably her most Kabbalah influenced album, even though most would argue that is ROL.

I also noticed when rewatching IGTTYAS yesterday that near the end when she is in Israel, she is comparing and contrasting Catholicism and Judaism, and she states that Rosh Hashanah (specifically the process of looking back at your whole year and where you fucked up and hurt people) is “the real version of Confession”. 

Obviously Madonna has used Catholic language and imagery throughout her career, but considering the timing (IGTTYAS coming out just seven months after the release of Confessions, she must have been working on both simultaneously a while) and in context with the points above, I really could see for the first time the genesis of these ideas coming at the same point in time instead of totally separate projects.

Each of her eras usually feel so distinctly different from what has come before and what eventually comes after that it feels easy to consider them little capsules, separate from influence on each other. But obviously that is not the reality, and she would be in a constant state of development, little by little inching towards the next incarnation. 

Important Information

Terms of Use