In defence of Madonna

cheandeva

I've been reading so many comments about Madonna and so many M-related topics since I first came across this page, and I do wonder if we shouldn't accept and remind ourselves of the fact that for 40+ years, Madonna has been a gift that still keeps on giving, under the weirdest of circumstances for an artist, including the rise and fall of all different kinds of formats her music and tours have been released on, and including shifts in musical style popularity as regards an artist's own vision versus "having to" release features and collaborations to chart, get noticed, be remembered.

This might sound weird to those of us who wish she'd release a new song or album within months/a maximum of 2 years, as we were used to; who wish that, finally, after the announcement of the Warner deal she would release the first expanded edition of no matter which album, just to lament about and criticise exclusions as well as omissions; who wish she'd release every single edit or remix digitally, just to finish off the people in charge of the remastering process or the quality of the artwork; who think that the artist's vision and creativity always has to, necessarily, cater to her fanbase's demands, knowing that being creative and summoning the energy to produce, release and promote something is a task that might take its toll and needs to be considered carefully, especially if - in our case M - feels strongly about either the product itself, the way she wants to present it, the way it might be perceived by her fans, or all 3 aspects alike to make us feel another milestone or masterpiece has been given to us (or, in some people's eyes: what weaknesses there are, in how far this song or that album or that editing of a live concert release was a failure).

Don't get me wrong: neither do I wish to preach celebration of everything she has put out so far, nor criticise people's personal opinions or feelings about something she has, or has not, done, for whichever reasons and why. For a long time, Madonna has been ignored by radio stations, which still play an important role in popularizing music. She has been put into that age category, which songs like Popular amd Vulgar defy, because both sound and are incredibly youthful, current and zeitgeist, in completely different ways.

To conclude my post, I will venture to say that MDNA was a really good album that gave us an insight into her state of affairs at the beginning of the tennies. Despite the leaks, Rebel Heart was a masterpiece in terms of vocal delivery on many songs, innovation and inevitable release strategy. Madame X was admirable as regards change of track into hitherto unvisited musical territory.

Long live the Queen!

AGREED.

Btw, I may be in the minority of her fandom (and I don't care to) but I believe the best way to honour Madonna is not to force her to deliver a new album or to shelve her biopic but rather to wear her mindset as she's among the funniest and most intelligent, mind-blowing people I have ever met in the celebrity bubble. I love Madonna for who she is and I love how she teaches and encourages me to go harder and further. I also love how her contradictions and true honesty make her unparallel to most people pop culture tends to idolize. I am used to say I am an enthusiast for Madonna about she has of best to offer; I just don't want to be playing the game of "best fan" or "best fighter for freedom" or "best collector" or "best knower" or anything like that: I despise people who run over these titles. I just want to get as long as I live the spirit of "BITCH I'M MADONNA," as after more than 2 decades of stanning her, I have come to conclusion that I don't stan an image or a chutzpah joker; I STAN A MIND.

The most revolutionary people are always the ones who defy the labels and refuse to play in one side of the room; they can be the fucking polarizing they are, but, in a word, they aren't hypocrite. The best way to endure the longest is to be always loyal and truthful to yourself.

That's why I have been acting like I do; I have a mission, I want to make people think. Most important, I wanna let people speechless to my actions. This is my main goal - I wanna just bare their souls.

Just like everyone gets hung up when they see Madonna in action.

Thanks for your words, my fellow Infiniter! Hope we can be friends here!

I've said it many times here... Everything that comes after the deal of Live Nation / Interscope is a bonus. The old singles digital releases are a bonus, the videos for Frozen with Sickick were also. Sometimes it works like Popular with the Weeknd. Sometimes nobody cares like Vulgar. But her numbers on streaming improved a lot, Finally Enough Love sold very good numbers and it will become one of her compilations of reference... And of course we had The Celebration Tour, wich was her returning to popularity and big shows after the dark times of Madame X Tour, hip recovering and some notable health problems. I'm sure that new songs or new album will also come.

I think she's doing it well lately but it has to be on her own terms. It's not like she dissapeared under a rock and sometimes we are very obsessed with what teenagers or Tik Tok want, when they don't have a f*cking clue of what is living and what is the world.

Let Madonna be Madonna, let's appreciate that things are not forever, that we evolve, that we get bored of our jobs or sometimes we also have crisis. And the most important thing: we were lucky to live in the same time frame than her!