Madonna x Charli XCX?

luckypierre78

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I’ve never been a huge fan. Just some songs now and again. I saw her on tv perform at Sydney World Pride before Kylie and she lip synced the entire thing. Kylie put her to shame.

But when Brat came out i gave it a listen a loved it. its a truly brilliant album.

Id never been a fan, I do like some random songs. i never got into Brat, I struggle with peer pressure :D

43 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

What about 35 plus gay men who think they’re rebels cos they do coke and ketamine?

That's sad especially if it's an addiction for them. Though i don't know why you asking me that since i don't drink alcohol, i don't smoke and i don't do any drug.

8 hours ago, Boombox90 said:

I have never heard a song by this Charli person.

Can you suggest a song or two I should give a listen to?

Apple is the big viral hit , but I think Sympathy Is A Knife has the best mix of vulnerable lyrics + beat

Also, does anyone else find it weird that a song about like... family dynamics and intergenerational trauma becomes a viral TikTok dance song?  Lol

So we're gonna have a brat twerking 66 M next ... and the gen Z could say "Oh Madonna, you know, my grandma said she loved her when she was a teenager, she was huge at that time." It's a good thing, wich will make us so proud of her, especially if some brat inflencer (if the miracle will ever happen) will post some appreciation for her, feeling cool cause she understands the "vintage charm" of her songs, maybe not even knowing how brater than Charlie M has really been all her career through.

I mean, what's the point in following kids or contemporary charts logic (you tube and spotify random listenings could never be compared with the actual money spending in getting a record for your own imo, sorry).  The only real youngest audience intersting phenomena were the Back that up and the Frozen remix virality, wich were mostly casual and it's ok it went like this imo. 

But thinking that a mostly 35 to 50 yo gay men fandom, who had to check on google what even "brat" meant and are starting to understand that no proper music project is in store for them, could exult for a Charlie CXC collab is a sign of exceeding optimism. She said, in 2022 I think, that she would have used different methods to release music, no real albums anymore, and I thought "this could be right actually and even cool", but I would have never imagined she meant "Vulgar", "Material gwooorl" and "Hung up on Tokisaha", whose only real effect was to enlarge the limit of many here to spread unconditional acceptance to the world :lol: 

What I mean is that, when it comes to music (now seriously), it's like she's not thinking about her fanbase anymore. Yeah we had Popular (the only one I didn't trash after the first listening, wich I actually still enjoy), but - you know - just one feauturing in 6 years ... 

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

Apple is the big viral hit , but I think Sympathy Is A Knife has the best mix of vulnerable lyrics + beat

Also, does anyone else find it weird that a song about like... family dynamics and intergenerational trauma becomes a viral TikTok dance song?  Lol

She really took the saying "The apple doesn't go to far from the tree" (I think it was like that) and ran with it and made a song 

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

So we're gonna have a brat twerking 66 M next ... and the gen Z could say "Oh Madonna, you know, my grandma said she loved her when she was a teenager, she was huge at that time." It's a good thing, wich will make us so proud of her, especially if some brat inflencer (if the miracle will ever happen) will post some appreciation for her, feeling cool cause she understands the "vintage charm" of her songs, maybe not even knowing how brater that Charlie M has really been all her career through.

I mean, what's the point in following kids or contemporary charts logic (you tube and spotify random listenings could never be compared with the actual money spending in getting a record for your own imo, sorry).  The only real youngest audience intersting phenomena were the Back that up and the Frozen remix virality, wich were mostly casual and it's ok it went like this imo. 

But thinking that a mostly 35 to 50 yo gay men fandom, who had to check on google what even "brat" meant and are starting to understand that no proper music project is in store for them, could exult for a Charlie CXC collab is a sign of exceeding optimism. She said, in 2022 I think, that she would have used different methods to release music, no real albums anymore, and I thought "this could be right actually and even cool", but I would have never imagined she meant "Vulgar", "Material gwooorl" and "Hung up on Tokisaha", whose only real effect was to enlarge the limit of many here to spread unconditional acceptance to the world :lol: 

What I mean is that, when it comes to music (now seriously), it's like she's not thinking about her fanbase anymore. Yeah we had Popular (the only one I didn't trash after the first listening, wich I actually still enjoy), but - you know - just one feauturing in 6 years ... 

I think I am one of the only very young straight fans of Madonna. I hope to be proven wrong lol (well maybe on the very young part) 

20 minutes ago, stefo said:

So we're gonna have a brat twerking 66 M next ... and the gen Z could say "Oh Madonna, you know, my grandma said she loved her when she was a teenager, she was huge at that time." It's a good thing, wich will make us so proud of her, especially if some brat inflencer (if the miracle will ever happen) will post some appreciation for her, feeling cool cause she understands the "vintage charm" of her songs, maybe not even knowing how brater that Charlie M has really been all her career through.

I don't think some people realize when they post they look like a grouchy old man screaming "get off my lawn" at children.

13 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I don't think some people realize when they post they look like a grouchy old man screaming "get off my lawn" at children.

I'll take that, even if the whole tone was mostly meant to be playful ... that's about the grounchy.

About the "old man", well, yes I admit it. I feel less considered by her recent choices, it's true. This doesn't mean I don't want youngest to have fun of course, I'm just missing some new stuff wich I can enjoy :cute:

3 hours ago, stefo said:

I'll take that, even if the whole tone was mostly meant to be playful ... that's about the grounchy.

About the "old man", well, yes I admit it. I feel less considered by her recent choices, it's true. This doesn't mean I don't want youngest to have fun of course, I'm just missing some new stuff wich I can enjoy :cute:

That's the thing about art and capitalism though.  Artists don't owe their fans anything.  They either do what they want for their own personal expression, or they do what they think will sell.  Fans can either buy it or move on to someone else.

4 hours ago, stefo said:

So we're gonna have a brat twerking 66 M next ... and the gen Z could say "Oh Madonna, you know, my grandma said she loved her when she was a teenager, she was huge at that time." It's a good thing, wich will make us so proud of her, especially if some brat inflencer (if the miracle will ever happen) will post some appreciation for her, feeling cool cause she understands the "vintage charm" of her songs, maybe not even knowing how brater than Charlie M has really been all her career through.

She really said she wouldn't release any real album anymore ?😲 Do you have a link ?