Your Least Favorite Madonna Album

Voguerista

42 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like Madame X. While I do appreciate the Portuguese influence hinted at on the album cover, in the documentary The World of Madame X (which I love), and in her speeches, when I listen to the album, I only hear a few tracks that truly capture that vibe—maybe Crazy and Killers Who Are Partying. My favorite tracks with that genuine Portuguese feel aren’t even on the album: Welcome to My Fado Club and Sodade.

MDNA was always my least favorite album, although I do enjoy a few tracks like Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted, Turn Up the Radio, and Masterpiece. But when Madame X came out, my opinion shifted entirely.

On the other hand, I’ve always been a big fan of Hard Candy, and I have to confess it’s one of my favorite records, though I understand why some fans don’t feel the same way.

As an example... you know that Music is not a country album despite de cowgirl look right? Only Don't tell me, I deserve it and Gone reflect that... Is the same case that u are saying about Madame X not being enough portuguese... 🙃

6 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

As an example... you know that Music is not a country album despite de cowgirl look right? Only Don't tell me, I deserve it and Gone reflect that... Is the same case that u are saying about Madame X not being enough portuguese... 🙃

I'm not saying the album is bad because of that. I'm saying I didn't like the way it turned out, as opposed to Music that I love although it's not toally country. That latin sound really displeases me.

16 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

You can't be serious?

Jimmy Jimmy and LMTWGR being 50% of the album tracks really brings the whole thing down. And the remaining 50% are good but far from her usual standard.

If the album was released later and those two tracks were replaced with Causing a Commotion, The Look of Love and Who's That Girl, it would be a very solid body of work imo.

32 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

Let's not forget about Autotune Baby

I was talking about MDNA, and said the songs I mentioned were some of the worst songs she ever recorded. Also I'd rather listen to Auto-Tune Baby than B-Day Song, though both are atrocious.

At least ATB is a very obsure track only released in a special edition in Germany, Superstar got released in the standard edition of MDNA, and B-Day Song almost took the spot of Love Spent. :Madonna039:

23 minutes ago, godonna said:

Jimmy Jimmy and LMTWGR being 50% of the album tracks really brings the whole thing down. And the remaining 50% are good but far from her usual standard.

If the album was released later and those two tracks were replaced with Causing a Commotion, The Look of Love and Who's That Girl, it would be a very solid body of work imo.

2 songs out of 9 is not 50% , and one of them is not bad at all ( lmtwgr) but let's say it is, there are still 7 great, iconic, classic, huge, Madonna songs on that album. That the album itself only have 9 songs is what it is, lots of albums from that time had not that many songs as the albums these days. This album had hit after hit after hit, 100% classic Madonna including iconic music videos. True Blue is THE album that made her a legend... 

Saying it's your least favorite is shocking 😅... 

But each their own i guess. I have to respect your opinion, but i do not agree at all... so no hard feelings... 

True Blue Flirt GIF by Madonna

And singles are album tracks to

7 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

2 songs out of 9 is not 50% , and one of them is not bad at all ( lmtwgr) but let's say it is, there are still 7 great, iconic, classic, huge, Madonna songs on that album. That the album itself only have 9 songs is what it is, lots of albums from that time had not that many songs as the albums these days. This album had hit after hit after hit, 100% classic Madonna including iconic music videos. True Blue is THE album that made her a legend... 

But each their own i guess. I have to respect your opinion, but i do not agree at all... so no hard feelings... 

I would completely discard Jimmy Jimmy, but aside from that track, I think the album is pure perfection. The violin that opens Papa Don't Preach is, in my opinion, her best album intro ever.

I've always loved Love Makes the World Go Round, and it pains me that she didn't perform it on tour. However, I'm glad she sang it during Live Aid (even though her vocals weren’t great).

7 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I said 50% of the album tracks. Album track is generally used to mean a song that didn't become a single.

I agree it would seem like a great album based on the singles, but it's the non-singles that show you if an album is good or not. Look at Ray of Light - the best songs weren't even released as singles. So based on the four album tracks, 50% is just passable, 50% is bad. That's a bad album to me.

14 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I would completely discard Jimmy Jimmy, but aside from that track, I think the album is pure perfection. The violin that opens Papa Don't Preach is, in my opinion, her best album intro ever.

I've always loved Love Makes the World Go Round, and it pains me that she didn't perform it on tour. However, I'm glad she sang it during Live Aid (even though her vocals weren’t great).

Agree 

And i think she sounded pretty good singing Holiday that edition of live aid. The other songs weren't that bad imo, it was more out of breath, but not out of tune. 

But speaking of live aid, her vocals on the 2005 edition are one of her best live vocals of her carreer imo. 

8 minutes ago, godonna said:

I said 50% of the album tracks. Album track is generally used to mean a song that didn't become a single.

I agree it would seem like a great album based on the singles, but it's the non-singles that show you if an album is good or not. Look at Ray of Light - the best songs weren't even released as singles. So based on the four album tracks, 50% is just passable, 50% is bad. That's a bad album to me.

That is a stupid way to judge an album, the singles count as album tracks to, they are ON the album. I get what your saying that album tracks aren't singles but singles count for what can make an album great. And true blue has some of her best songs, even if their singles, that doesn't matter at all. By your logic if she released Jimmy Jimmy and LMTWGR as the two only singles the album would be great because it would be having 7 great non singles ( album tracks) doesn't make sense at all... 

But again it's your opinion, let's not make this a 5 page arguing thing lol... 

It's your least favorite and i don't agree 

black and white wink GIF

Hard Candy, especially the Timbaland/ Timberlake produced songs. It was the first time I heard  new music from M and felt like she was late to the party, in this case Nelly Furtado’s party. I still like a few songs on it (give it 2 me, she’s not me and she’s sold the shit out of candy shop on a few tours to the point I like it now) but overall the album is a hard pass for me.

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

While I love the album I hate the streaming version which is very compressed and loudd! 

47 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

That is a stupid way to judge an album, the singles count as album tracks to, they are ON the album. I get what your saying that album tracks aren't singles but singles count for what can make an album great. And true blue has some of her best songs, even if their singles, that doesn't matter at all. By your logic if she released Jimmy Jimmy and LMTWGR as the two only singles the album would be great because it would be having 7 great non singles ( album tracks) doesn't make sense at all...

And judging an album by its singles is stupid to me! By this logic, I'm Breathless would be one of her best albums because Vogue is on it. 

I'm judging the album tracks because it's a conscious decision to lean on the 5 strong tracks they already believed in as future singles, and then half ass the rest. 45% half assed album = bad album.

5 great songs doesn't make a great album if there are also 4 mid/bad ones.

I’m gonna have to say MX. I will say though, as you all know, Looking For Mercy was a standout for me. I love it. 

It’s interesting to hear everybody’s but let me tell you, I’ve found this channel on YouTube and this girl is deep diving Madonna albums for the first time. I love her videos, check them out if you have time!

Really cool to hear how she is interpreting these songs for the first time and digging some that a lot of us actually don’t enjoy. I personally love her reacting to the LAP album.

As alway, @Voguerista, you come up with the most interesting, thought provoking and fun topics for this community. Thank you!  :hug:

As for me, I've come to realization MX is what I consider her worst, but like you stated, I don't hate it, but up next to everything before it, I rarely go back to it as I do other albums. Though, it might be because I've overplayed it over the last few years, so it's time for a rest.  Like A Virgin tends to be another album I don't play often even though it has some stellar tracks on it. 

28 minutes ago, Adonna said:

As alway, @Voguerista, you come up with the most interesting, thought provoking and fun topics for this community. Thank you!  :hug:

As for me, I've come to realization MX is what I consider her worst, but like you stated, I don't hate it, but up next to everything before it, I rarely go back to it as I do other albums. Though, it might be because I've overplayed it over the last few years, so it's time for a rest.  Like A Virgin tends to be another album I don't play often even though it has some stellar tracks on it. 

Back at ya! And Thank you so much!!!! :hug:And I know what you (and others) mean on Madame X. I loved it at first but, over time, it's not holding as a favorite of mine. Also, it's time for a rest and a new chapter (please please please Madonna :pray::pray:)

Thanks to everyone replying. Loving all of your fascinating replies so far!!! :hug::jamming:

This is the type of thread where no one really cares what we write lol but here we go.

Top 5 least favorite M albums:

• #5 True Blue: if the debut album is 80's pop perfection, this is 80's pop on cocaine. Don't get me wrong, half of the songs are truly great, but overall it's on the verge of being so corny and silly that it gets bad. The last two songs just taint the whole album.
  • #4 Like a Prayer: it's just waaay too overrated. I honestly think the album has no cohesiveness whatsoever. The grand public view it as a very edgy M album, but It goes from powerful tracks like LAP and EY to Sesame Street songs like TDDUP and DJ. Spanish Eyes is one of the least Madonna-esk songs ever. 
  • #3 Like a Virgin: one of her weakest albums imo. It has like 3 really good songs, 3 really awful songs and 3 really vanilla songs. Thank God the international version includes ITG to improve it a bit.
  • #2 Madame X: I don't hate it, but I don't connect with it. Don't know what she was trying to get across.
  • #1 Rebel Heart: yeah, this is pure trash to me. A mess. Noisy. Embarrassing. Reductive. I literally just listen to two tracks that I truly love, Body Shop and - feel free to laugh - Auto-Tune Baby.

I may be purposefully leaving MDNA out just to trash fan favorites :smokey:

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Really cool to hear how she is interpreting these songs for the first time and digging some that a lot of us actually don’t enjoy. I personally love her reacting to the LAP album.

I love her reactions, been following her for quite some time now, she'll do the videos after the albums. :)