Your Least Favorite Madonna Album

Voguerista

6 minutes ago, Josh Pinder said:

Basically Debut-Confessions a flawless run of 25 years ....after it's a case of diminishing returns OR

It's the recency bias vibe ....like we've seen and heard her delivery huge excellence now we are in a culture where we have access to everything everywhere all at once and it feels off ... For me in my 30s as a 90s kid I truly loved every era going on ....and can hi estly say that as time goes on I adored getting to know Mdna, rebel heart and madame x so much and now I can say that I love them all differently and rate the three of them higher than debut, like a virgin, depending on mood RH and MX above true blue, hard candy, American life too ...but like I feel there's rose tinted glasses for those saying YOU CANT NOT LIKE HER DEBUT .... It's great for nostalgia parties but like if I want to immerse in a world MDNA, HC, RH and MX offer me that a bit more than her early 80s starting points 

It's very interesting though that growing up it was always "oh I loved her in the 80s" nowadays her 90sera gets the highest praise ....most of the 00s work has been re-evaluated based on impact and RH and MX are becoming influential for latest releases of concepts of artists today Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Taylor, Brat all are very Madonna 2010s coded ....and if course Kylie can benefit to be 50s liberated icon because Madonna paved the way that you don't have to be a nostalgia act to thrive 

You are right, things to get reevaluated as time goes by (so slowly 😜). Even in my own personal appreciation of her albums, I didn’t warm to Hard Candy at the time but have since come around to enjoy it because I’m not consuming it in the context of what release was current and popular at the time. I am curious if I will reevaluate MDNA and Rebel Heart at some point in the future. 

Just now, Veronica-Electronica said:

You are right, things to get reevaluated as time goes by (so slowly 😜). Even in my own personal appreciation of her albums, I didn’t warm to Hard Candy at the time but have since come around to enjoy it because I’m not consuming it in the context of what release was current and popular at the time. I am curious if I will reevaluate MDNA and Rebel Heart at some point in the future. 

I was 16 doing my exams when Hard Candy was out and I adored it it was my album if summer 2008! I had Devil Wouldn't Recognise You on a loop for ages ! Song of the year ! I remember that despite hating JT at the time I liked 4 Minutes my friends were into and younger than me on their iPods and MP3 playing the songs on the album ...like HC was huge ....I was caught up in the hype and the bizarreness of the fact Confessions is my fave album of all time and yet my friends and peers weren't interested in that album....that was 3 years ago this was the fresh product she nailed 

Besides the bizarre album cover choice I adored the candy aesthetics and wish she stuck with that theme throughout that year and beyond !! But that's my view 

MDNA I still love I was 20, summer 2012 was huge! I completed a year at new major work deal and it felt on theme with where I was at.

Rebel Heart I was 23 and felt chaotic unsure if myself, my sexyality, my depression and it helped me through 

Madame X again my late 20s not knowing what futures lay ahead of me and wanting to briaden my sense of things

The four albums I associate my personal baggage too so it adds to the experience and hearing them I mean MDNA could be released today and get away with being a hit ! 

Heck Back it Up to The Best trended on tik tok so I think she does evolve in time