!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

Remember when she announced her Re-Edition Magazine cover and posted an story with just text on a plain black background? She wrote something like “what does an italian girl and a mexican guy could talk about?”, followed by a list of topics that went like “blah blah Confessions on a Dance Floor blah blah”.
Why that random s/o to COADF? Do you think she was listening to that album during those days, prior to start working with Stuart again? It was too specific (specially because she doesn't mention that album very often). 🤔

9 hours ago, sasantii said:

This always sounded like Price to me. I think shes been working on this record for more than we think

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjgQC09AbRU/?igsh=azNnbDB0bjltdWtr

Prince????  Sorry, no, not at all.  It’s giving Romy and 2000’s eurotrance revival.  You know, the train she was jumping on when she released the video version of What It Feels Like For A Girl with Above & Beyond.  Not anything by Prince.  Sometimes I think some of you are frozen in time.

44 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Prince????  Sorry, no, not at all.  It’s giving Romy and 2000’s eurotrance revival.  You know, the train she was jumping on when she released the video version of What It Feels Like For A Girl with Above & Beyond.  Not anything by Prince.  Sometimes I think some of you are frozen in time.

I think he meant Stuart Price not Prince 

I don't think MDNA was an attempt to recreate Confessions, it was by all accounts and album she wasn't much engaged with which pretty much existed just to push a tour. As I say, I don't think your theory works cos the loudest fandom voices have never been the ones you describe.

2 hours ago, Debord said:

I don't think MDNA was an attempt to recreate Confessions, it was by all accounts and album she wasn't much engaged with which pretty much existed just to push a tour. As I say, I don't think your theory works cos the loudest fandom voices have never been the ones you describe.

Then that's just the fanbase trying to rearrange the narrative. Happens all the time. She even posted she was "in the mood to dance" when announcing she was going to go back to the studio in 2011. Also the whole "not engaged" narrative is dumb because she was even busier during confessions editing the doc and the unreleased RIT dvd and writing childrens books and 2 musicals using alot of the leftovers for the album. The only difference was social media was a thing during MDNA so the negativity was even louder. She also prioritized the confessions tour over album promo which is why the videos were lacking. When it came to Hard Candy fans also said she only made the album so she could have a tour but the music industry changed so much in those few years that touring was a NECESSITY. MDNA just always got the short end of the stick and used as a scapegoat and whipping boy for whatever vendetta people have against her, fans included. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Then that's just the fanbase trying to rearrange the narrative. Happens all the time. She even posted she was "in the mood to dance" when announcing she was going to go back to the studio in 2011. Also the whole "not engaged" narrative is dumb because she was even busier during confessions editing the doc and the unreleased RIT dvd and writing childrens books and 2 musicals using alot of the leftovers for the album. The only difference was social media was a thing during MDNA so the negativity was even louder. She also prioritized the confessions tour over album promo which is why the videos were lacking. When it came to Hard Candy fans also said she only made the album so she could have a tour but the music industry changed so much in those few years that touring was a NECESSITY. MDNA just always got the short end of the stick and used as a scapegoat and whipping boy for whatever vendetta people have against her, fans included. 

I don't think that's true at all? It's pretty well-documented by now that MDNA is by far the album where she most just took existing songs and either added/changed bits or just didn't do much of anything to them. Confessions had roots going back years with the musicals she was working on, and then sessions just her and Stuart. William Orbit himself said Madonna wasn't all there for that album. And Confessions had HEAPS of promo compared to MDNA, which was basically forgotten about after the Super Bowl save for a couple of videos.

19 minutes ago, Debord said:

I don't think that's true at all? It's pretty well-documented by now that MDNA is by far the album where she most just took existing songs and either added/changed bits or just didn't do much of anything to them. Confessions had roots going back years with the musicals she was working on, and then sessions just her and Stuart. William Orbit himself said Madonna wasn't all there for that album. And Confessions had HEAPS of promo compared to MDNA, which was basically forgotten about after the Super Bowl save for a couple of videos.

Couldn't agree more. I was about to post the same comment but you've said it all. 

18 minutes ago, Debord said:

Orbit went on gushing about her on the EPK and of course there's the infamous story about Gang Bang where she totally changed it behind his back. Then once it flopped, that's when all of a sudden his tune changed. He totally defended her saying how involved she was when arguing against Elton John on his own facebook.  Let's also get facts straight because ALOT of her fan favorites and most of her albums have had songs that were already existing demos. Holiday, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Don't Tell me, i mean the list can go on and on. Doesn't mean she wasnt engaged with them and retooled them the way she did for MDNA. As for Confessions promo, its funny how it's forgotten how fans complained saying they wanted more! Things also drastically changed in those short years between 2005 and 2012 and how promo is done. Promo was already transitioning to online/social media like how she did the live stream for jimmy fallon, or that DJ set at Ultra. She even premiered a snippet of the video for GMAYL on American Idol and GGW on E! News. The Superbowl worked the same way the EMAs did for Hung Up. There was also huge radio deals premiering the song and with Perez Hilton premiering the album with snippets. Times had changed in 2012 so context is absolutely important. She wasn't going to do all these talk shows, she wasn't going to do all these specials for Mtv and VH1 or TRL because times CHANGED. she even did the whole twitter Q&A stuff. Everything was already shifting to online and viral promo.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Orbit went on gushing about her on the EPK and of course there's the infamous story about Gang Bang where she totally changed it behind his back. Then once it flopped, that's when all of a sudden his tune changed. He totally defended her saying how involved she was when arguing against Elton John on his own facebook.  Let's also get facts straight because ALOT of her fan favorites and most of her albums have had songs that were already existing demos. Holiday, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Don't Tell me, i mean the list can go on and on. Doesn't mean she wasnt engaged with them and retooled them the way she did for MDNA. As for Confessions promo, its funny how it's forgotten how fans complained saying they wanted more! Things also drastically changed in those short years between 2005 and 2012 and how promo is done. Promo was already transitioning to online/social media like how she did the live stream for jimmy fallon, or that DJ set at Ultra. She even premiered a snippet of the video for GMAYL on American Idol and GGW on E! News. The Superbowl worked the same way the EMAs did for Hung Up. There was also huge radio deals premiering the song and with Perez Hilton premiering the album with snippets. Times had changed in 2012 so context is absolutely important. She wasn't going to do all these talk shows, she wasn't going to do all these specials for Mtv and VH1 or TRL because times CHANGED. she even did the whole twitter Q&A stuff. Everything was already shifting to online and viral promo.

There's a difference between some songs being pre-existing demos (which she often changed considerably) and an entire album. The point about promo changing doesn't make any sense cos she did heaps more promo for both Rebel Heart and Medellin which came after. But if you believe she was just as involved in MDNA as any other album I'm not going to change your mind!

48 minutes ago, Debord said:

I think it wasn’t so much that she wasn’t interested in making MDNA. But she had to rush it out to coincide with the Super Bowl in a short space of time. So the overall quality suffered. Definitely her worst album but knowing that she did Gang Bang toward the end makes me wonder what could have been if she’d worked on it longer.

4 minutes ago, Debord said:

There's a difference between some songs being pre-existing demos (which she often changed considerably) and an entire album. The point about promo changing doesn't make any sense cos she did heaps more promo for both Rebel Heart and Medellin which came after. But if you believe she was just as involved in MDNA as any other album I'm not going to change your mind!

Yeah but look how much that traditional promo helped. I mean it's mind boggling how fans have this amnesia. The promo for MX was Mtv...in 2019. And it doesn't matter if it's a whole album or not because regardless those became her biggest hits. Fans cherry pick their own facts or alternative facts. Madonna fans absolutely are the worst when getting with the times and rewriting history and ignoring context.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah but look how much that traditional promo helped. I mean it's mind boggling how fans have this amnesia. The promo for MX was Mtv...in 2019. And it doesn't matter if it's a whole album or not because regardless those became her biggest hits. Fans cherry pick their own facts or alternative facts. Madonna fans absolutely are the worst when getting with the times and rewriting history and ignoring context.

MDNA was a slapped together turkey of an album. There’s a fact for you.

And yes promo had changed, or so they thought but she went back to doing a zillion interviews and appearances after that because MDNA (the album) failed.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

MDNA was a slapped together turkey of an album. There’s a fact for you.

Nah. That's just a bitchy gay one-liner that doesnt have any merit other than being a quip. She was obviously inspired to know she was NOT going to work with RedOne despite her label wanting her to. She was also going to work with Diagram of the Heart going to their gigs and it didnt work out only because the two members started having issues and broke up. Deadmau5 was also someone else that she rejected which is probably why he held such a grudge against her. Nervo also submitted things, RichardX and his partner Luciana, Cerderic Gervais, even Avicii among countless others. If all she was doing was slapping something together she wouldn't have gone out of her way to select Martin Solveig, Benassi (which was a given since she loved his remix for Celebration) and Orbit. The making of the album wasnt this radical disconnected thing that bitchy fans like to perpetuate. If anything that was Rebel Heart. That was the first time she really complained about how producers no longer needed her in the studio and how sloppy they all were sending her tracks back that were literally missing stems. Madame X as well which why that is such a patchwork album. MDNA is literally the last album she made in a traditional way.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Nah. That's just a bitchy gay one-liner that doesnt have any merit other than being a quip. She was obviously inspired to know she was NOT going to work with RedOne despite her label wanting her to. She was also going to work with Diagram of the Heart going to their gigs and it didnt work out only because the two members started having issues and broke up. Deadmau5 was also someone else that she rejected which is probably why he held such a grudge against her. Nervo also submitted things, RichardX and his partner Luciana, Cerderic Gervais, even Avicii among countless others. If all she was doing was slapping something together she wouldn't have gone out of her way to select Martin Solveig, Benassi (which was a given since she loved his remix for Celebration) and Orbit. The making of the album wasnt this radical disconnected thing that bitchy fans like to perpetuate. If anything that was Rebel Heart. That was the first time she really complained about how producers no longer needed her in the studio and how sloppy they all were sending her tracks back that were literally missing stems. Madame X as well which why that is such a patchwork album. MDNA is literally the last album she made in a traditional way.

And it was the first album she made that contained too much filler. There were some good songs but she needed more time to make the album good.

Also my opinion has nothing to do with me being gay or a bitch. No idea where that idea is coming from.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

And it was the first album she made that contained too much filler. There were some good songs but she needed more time to make the album good.

Also my opinion has nothing to do with me being gay or a bitch. No idea where that idea is coming from.

Yeah it does, you saying ThErES a FaCt for you is very indicative of that narrative. Also, since you edited your original post, guess what? Rebel Heart and MX failed too. While artists like Gaga and Katy were having their interviews, performances, etc being uploaded to Youtube, Madonna wasnt. Times changed and people were watching things at a later date online. I mean did ANY of the traditional promo do anything for those albums? No.