Celebration Tour 1 Year Anniversary

BLUE JEAN

19 minutes ago, BLUE JEAN said:

TPOG as an ending would have been awful . Also can I ask, where did you get all this info? Is it from leaked demos?

Yeah, Madonna didn’t like the TPOG finale because it felt too bittersweet and as a ‘farewell’ and that was not the point of the show. It was also moved around in between songs but she hated it, too bad because I was told she sung it really well. Then after the tour started it was played as an instrumental for the encore on some of the shows, after BIM, you can hear the actual version that was going to be used.

I’ve been in contact with some people for a long time and so I had a lot of details in between/during production and stuff, I know some of the early setlists were also leaked to other fans (not by moi, my only teases on here started around 2 weeks from the opening date) but I knew most details (stage, outfits, visuals too etc) until she flew to London for the O2 rehearsals, cause the people I know did not attend.

Also now some of the early tour demos are around so we might hear some of them in the future.

What’s funny for me is Hold Tight being rehearsed for the Rebel Heart Tour, then on the Madame X Tour and then on the Celebration Tour, but it always fails to make the cut. :rip:

13 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Yeah, Madonna didn’t like the TPOG finale because it felt too bittersweet and as a ‘farewell’ and that was not the point of the show. It was also moved around in between songs but she hated it, too bad because I was told she sung it really well. Then after the tour started it was played as an instrumental for the encore on some of the shows, after BIM, you can hear the actual version that was going to be used.

I’ve been in contact with some people for a long time and so I had a lot of details in between/during production and stuff, I know some of the early setlists were also leaked to other fans (not by moi, my only teases on here started around 2 weeks from the opening date) but I knew most details (stage, outfits, visuals too etc) until she flew to London for the O2 rehearsals, cause the people I know did not attend.

Also now some of the early tour demos are around so we might hear some of them in the future.

What’s funny for me is Hold Tight being rehearsed for the Rebel Heart Tour, then on the Madame X Tour and then on the Celebration Tour, but it always fails to make the cut. :rip:

She must really like that song though to keep trying it out. Remember when fans figured out it was on that blurry lyric sheet based on the shape of the letters? :laughing:

I think TPOG would have been beautiful for sure. But as a finale the lyrics just don’t send the right message for me on a Celebration tour. Maybe on some other show.

How weird and exciting it must be knowing so much beforehand though! Did you attend opening night?

5 minutes ago, BLUE JEAN said:

She must really like that song though to keep trying it out. Remember when fans figured out it was on that blurry lyric sheet based on the shape of the letters? :laughing:

I think TPOG would have been beautiful for sure. But as a finale the lyrics just don’t send the right message for me on a Celebration tour. Maybe on some other show.

How weird and exciting it must be knowing so much beforehand though! Did you attend opening night?

Yes, it was hilarious when people were looking at those lyrics, she loves to leave clues :kiss2:. About TPOG yeah it would have been gorgeous but not as a finale. At some point they wanted to move Nothing Really Matters as the finale, and leave Everybody as the opening.. don’t know if it would have worked but she was ‘disgusted’ by it afaik. :hearno:

I did not attend opening night unfortunately, I requested a pass for the dress rehearsals but there was a mess so it did not happen, and then the Opening night tickets were offered to me like 3 days before the show and I couldn’t do it with all the flight expenses, hotel etc.. I did see 2 shows though in Europe, best nights of my life.

9 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

At some point they wanted to move Nothing Really Matters as the finale, and leave Everybody as the opening.. don’t know if it would have worked but she was ‘disgusted’ by it afaik. :hearno:

That sounds horrible. No it wouldn’t have worked. NRM was the perfect opening.

18 hours ago, BLUE JEAN said:

Honestly, it was one of my main comments after I see the tour. And I was so glad about it!

Real Queens don’t pretend to be everyone’s friend or mix was peasants.

Remember too, before she was dumping the water on everyone she was spitting it at them :04:

I felt she was very interactive with the end of the catwalk where i was.

She was never that interactive with fans anyway. Drowned RIT Confessions Sticky and specially MDNA she was very focused on the performance and dancing.

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Yeah, at the end of the Rio concert, the original broadcasting, right after she left the stage, you can clearly hear the sound of the instrumental version of TPOG (I think it's the orchestral fanmade). It was epic and beautiful but too dramatic actually, I remember thinking "why this melancholy now?"

Said that, about TPOG and HT, it's a pretty good sign she rehearsed them and tried to keep them in the show, I hope she'll get back to those tracks for a future concert. The fact she goes on getting back to HT is comprehensible imo, that song seems to be written for a powerful staging, removing the big percussions performance from the RHT was a loss, it kinda broke the epic mood created by Iconic.