Madonna’s silence on the US election

BLUE JEAN

3 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

She spoke up when no one did. And has for many years. Confessions tour. She symbolized peace on Eurovision. For fuck sakes lol

The small gesture she did at Israel was pretty meaningless given Palestinians were calling for a boycott of the event and she was there at the behest of an Israeli billionaire who wanted her there to promote Israel.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

No-one is claiming she isn't involved in work in Malawi. What's that got to do with what's happening in Gaza? They're different places. There's no genocide happening in Malawi that she's being silent about.

You are both (since it feels like im getting fucked on both ends) entitled to form your own conclusions. That’s not how I see it. I see a woman that has made it very clear over the years that she supports peace on both sides. Posting her support of Israel would piss off one side and offering support for the other will do the same. Lose/lose man. Excuse me while I go shower. 

Just now, Robertthenurse said:

You are both (since it feels like im getting fucked on both ends) entitled to form your own conclusions. That’s not how I see it. I see a woman that has made it very clear over the years that she supports peace on both sides. Posting her support of Israel would piss off one side and offering support for the other will do the same. Lose/lose man. Excuse me while I go shower. 

Riiiiiight. If she said she supported 'peace on both sides' with Russia/Ukraine, literally everyone would find it utterly laughable. "Peace on both sides" is just a position cowards take on Israel/Palestine because they're scared of blowback and/or haven't made any effort to educate themselves as to what's going on. It's like someone saying they wanted 'peace on both sides' in Apartheid South Africa and saying that's a meaningful position, rather than just being apologetics for the status quo.

1 minute ago, Madnness said:

Why did you ask if I'm American, then? 

Because we are dealing with a possible Russian/Nazi takeover and I have more important things to focus on right now as do all Americans.

So that’s why I asked if you are American, because if so, you should be focusing on what’s happening here before focusing on other countries.

Do you think the people in Gaza are typing in forums about the American election?

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

It’s like saying someone can’t be Pro-Choice and Pro-Life at the same time.

If I got pregnant, I’d probably keep the child, but it is not my place to tell someone else what they should do with their body.

A more appropriate analogy would be if someone kept a woman in a cage, abused her for years, then one day she managed to punch them and the abuser then killed her and her entire family, and people responded with "I wish for peace on both sides."

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

Because we are dealing with a possible Russian/Nazi takeover and I have more important things to focus on right now as do all Americans.

What I see here is normalizing genocide by comparing it to daily events and excusing accountability of people and governments. 

Navel-gazing is not very far from nazi mindset. 

Just now, Boombox90 said:

Don’t tell me what to do. FREEDOM.

I'm not telling you what to do. I'm saying that arguing about this and then responding to criticism you don't like by saying your mental health is poor is nonsensical if you then just keep arguing about it. Protecting your mental health would be to step away, otherwise it's just weaponising it to try and shut down the response.

7 minutes ago, Madnness said:

I'm still not normalizing genocide and using what Madonna does offline as an excuse (bitch, she's a narcissist), so I think I'm not as Madness as you. 

Ok when a conversation starts to get nasty as it’s getting it’s time for it to end. Sorry for telling you to do my eyebrows. Have a good evening xo