Madonna’s silence on the US election

BLUE JEAN

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

I thought you insisted we keep politics in the political thread? Or is that only when you are being called out?

This is a political thread, and I’m responding to the topic at hand. I asked you personally to stop following me around demanding answers to things I’d said in a different thread. 

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

This is a political thread, and I’m responding to the topic at hand. I asked you personally to stop following me around demanding answers to things I’d said in a different thread. 

Nobody followed you around. Let’s not pivot.

Just now, adirondak said:

Yes you did, and you also told me in Private message you’d stop doing it. 

No, I apologized for bringing up politics in threads other than the politics thread.

This is not the Kamala Trump thread and you are arguing with people about politics.

You can’t pick and choose which threads other than the political thread that you allow people to call you out on things.

Let’s not deflect.

We agreed to keep things in the Kamala/Trump thread. Let’s honor that.

2 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

No, I apologized for bringing up politics in threads other than the politics thread.

This is not the Kamala Trump thread and you are arguing with people about politics.

You can’t pick and choose which threads other than the political thread that you allow people to call you out on things.

Let’s not deflect.

We agreed to keep things in the Kamala/Trump thread. Let’s honor that.

The day I let you tell me what I can and can’t talk about is a cold day in hell. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

To be honest, I have never liked the idea of Madonna intervening so much in politics because of the negative consequences that this brings.

First of all, the reprisals to which she is exposed if her favourite candidate loses the election. Secondly, the fact that some fans do not support Madonna's favorite candidate is seen by some extremist fans as an act of disloyalty towards Madonna. And thirdly, Madonna exposes herself to awkward situations. I remember some concerts where she would stop singing to praise her favourite candidate (I think it was Obama if I remember correctly) and she was the target of some boos and jeers from the audience who did not agree with her talking about politics when all they wanted was to have a good time watching her show.

In conclusion, I only see negative things that come from this action of boasting about supporting a certain candidate. I prefer a Madonna who is more reserved in this matter and who only dedicates herself to singing and making us dance as only she knows how to do. Politics is disgusting.

The day I let you tell me what I can and can’t talk about is a cold day in hell. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

There’s that MAGA anger! :laughing: 

Watch me tell you to do something else:

Take that anger elsewhere, I’m not in the mood to deal with Cult Members today.

One does not have to be yelling from a balcony at all hours of the day and night to be:

1. Not a freedoms fighter

2. Not a Rebel Heart

3. Not Politically relevant

I think it is safe to say that this bitch has been outspoken on many fucking injustices in her career (when nobody said or did anything) is enough for me to decipher that she “gets it”. Because she hasn’t been vocal about the injustices that people with Down syndrome face (as an example) mean she doesn’t care? No. Fuck off and stop limiting people. Be your own “freedom fighter” and stop complaining about something you may be lacking to do yourself (myself included). 

3 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

There’s that MAGA anger! :laughing: 

Watch me tell you to do something else:

Take that anger elsewhere, I’m not in the mood to deal with Cult Members today.

Nah, you don’t tell me what to do. I don’t care what you’re in the mood for. Find the mood or put me on ignore. 

4 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

To be honest, I have never liked the idea of Madonna intervening so much in politics because of the negative consequences that this brings.

First of all, the reprisals to which she is exposed if her favourite candidate loses the election. Secondly, the fact that some fans do not support Madonna's favorite candidate is seen by some extremist fans as an act of disloyalty towards Madonna. And thirdly, Madonna exposes herself to awkward situations. I remember some concerts where she would stop singing to praise her favourite candidate (I think it was Obama if I remember correctly) and she was the target of some boos and jeers from the audience who did not agree with her talking about politics when all they wanted was to have a good time watching her show.

In conclusion, I only see negative things that come from this action of boasting about supporting a certain candidate. I prefer a Madonna who is more reserved in this matter and who only dedicates herself to singing and making us dance as only she knows how to do. Politics is disgusting.

First people complain she is too politically motivated and vocal. Then she is not and they complain she is not vocal enough. People are dumb af and hate in themselves what they see in others, so they project and deflect 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Oh, but I just did and my apology is revoked.

Put me on ignore and continue to spread your hate elsewhere. I’ve had enough. 🙂

There’s no hate. You like to follow people around and annoy them. And you don’t even have enough strength of character to follow your own words and apology. No self-respect. Or will power. 

10 minutes ago, adirondak said:

There’s no hate. You like to follow people around and annoy them. And you don’t even have enough strength of character to follow your own words and apology. No self-respect. Or will power. 

I sound like a MAGA supporter then? :suffer:

11 minutes ago, Debord said:

What does that even mean? People can't know if something is true or not unless they visit the place it concerns?

You know what it means.  Explain how you would be able to judge whether news in the Middle East is true or not?

5 minutes ago, adirondak said:

You know what it means.  Explain how you would be able to judge whether news in the Middle East is true or not?

The same way you judge how news in any part of the world is true: by exercising critical thinking, understanding what is a trusted source and what isn't, looking for multiple sources for stories and where the original source is etc. The thought of you sitting not believing anything you read about anywhere other than where you happen to be is absolutely HILARIOUS. I mean by your logic you can't even believe anything about your own country unless yiu happen to be in the exact place something happened and saw it.

4 minutes ago, Debord said:

The same way you judge how news in any part of the world is true: by exercising critical thinking, understanding what is a trusted source and what isn't, looking for multiple sources for stories and where the original source is etc. The thought of you sitting not believing anything you read about anywhere other than where you happen to be is absolutely HILARIOUS. I mean by your logic you can't even believe anything about your own country unless yiu happen to be in the exact place something happened and saw it.

That’s code for you using your emotions and need for victimhood to make assumptions about the Middle East. You have no idea what’s going on over there but feel like you’re equipped to speak on it because you’re so desperate to come off as a savior for people you’ve done literally nothing to help besides using them to signal your virtue on a Madonna forum. 

2 minutes ago, adirondak said:

That’s code for you using your emotions and need for victimhood to make assumptions about the Middle East. You have no idea what’s going on over there but feel like you’re equipped to speak on it because you’re so desperate to come off as a savior. 

Weird how you kick off about "making something up then arguing against it" when you do this inane and embarrassing drivel all the time to try and divert from utter stupidity like "durr how can we know what's happening in places we aren't?" isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Debord said:

Weird how you kick off about "making something up then arguing against it" when you do this inane and embarrassing drivel all the time to try and divert from utter stupidity like "durr how can we know what's happening in places we aren't?" isn't it?

What have you done to help these people? We’ve established you care more than anyone else. So now what? What are you gonna DO for them? Is getting mad at a pop star for not speaking publicly about it your contribution?

What have you done to help these people? We’ve established you care more than anyone else. So now what? What are you gonna DO for them?

And again straight onto the attempt to divert with inane arguments against something no-one has claimed. Truly, you keep accusing others of the behaviour you keep exhibiting every time there's a political discussion. Rather transparent and incredibly tedious. Why not just wheel out another crap gif?

2 minutes ago, Debord said:

And again straight onto the attempt to divert with inane arguments against something no-one has claimed. Truly, you keep accusing others of the behaviour you keep exhibiting every time there's a political discussion. Rather transparent and incredibly tedious. Why not just wheel out another crap gif?

So the answer is you’ve done nothing except let it turn you into a bitter forum user and delude yourself into thinking you’re part of the solution when in reality you make absolutely no difference at all to this conflict. 

Just now, adirondak said:

So the answer is you’ve done nothing except let it turn you into a bitter forum user. 

"Durr someone is talking about something I don't understand or care about, I must accuse them of random shit to divert from these facts, while calling them bitter for the billionth time even though I'm a Trump supporter, so that's like a forest accusing a tree of being a bit too wooden".

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

One does not have to be yelling from a balcony at all hours of the day and night to be:

1. Not a freedoms fighter

2. Not a Rebel Heart

3. Not Politically relevant

I think it is safe to say that this bitch has been outspoken on many fucking injustices in her career (when nobody said or did anything) is enough for me to decipher that she “gets it”. Because she hasn’t been vocal about the injustices that people with Down syndrome face (as an example) mean she doesn’t care? No. Fuck off and stop limiting people. Be your own “freedom fighter” and stop complaining about something you may be lacking to do yourself (myself included). 

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

First people complain she is too politically motivated and vocal. Then she is not and they complain she is not vocal enough. People are dumb af and hate in themselves what they see in others, so they project and deflect 🤷‍♂️

The only two posts in the last page or two that makes too much sense!!  You Got It Thumbs Up GIF by Symphonic Distribution