Teen Choice Awards: Zendaya's Outfit Is Inspired by Madonna

Voguerista

Pretty! I love it....

Teen Choice Awards: Zendaya's Outfit Is Inspired by Madonna

Posted Image
Zendaya
AP Images

August 10, 2014 by Lesley McKenzie

Disney starlet-turned-Dancing With the Stars contestant Zendaya stepped out on the Teen Choice Awards blue carpet Sunday night in a fuchsia Material Girl number and an equally eye-catching bob — a departure from her signature long locks.

As the face of Material Girl — the Macy’s line inspired by and designed in collaboration with Madonna and daughter Lourdes — Zendaya wore a custom piece from the brand, which she described as a “tribute to the one and only Madonna.â€

Zendaya, who is nominated for a Candie’s Choice Style Icon award alongside Iggy Azalea, Kendall Jenner, Emma Roberts and Ashley Benson, credited stylist Luxury Law (also known as Law Roach) for the look, featuring cutout waist details and a bow around the neck.

“My stylist, Law, came up with the idea for it to reflect Madonna. So if anyone’s ever seen Material Girl … this is the updated version,†she said of the dress, which takes cues from the original hot pink number worn by Madonna in the music video in 1984. “So I hope Madonna loves it.â€