American Life: Was this video not brilliant or what?

Voguerista

It's unfortunate that this wasn't the one officially released, but I understand why she canned it. I do recall, that the media still went after her (especially that awful FOX NEWS) for something she didn't even release. Of course, it eventually got out to the public.  People would have went more nuts if it actually aired.

Brilliant but so underrated. Remember calling up Z100 to request American Life and had a fight with the guy cos he laughed at my request and told me that the song sucks and only crazy Madonna fans like it. I gave him a piece of mind and told him that he was the most unprofessional radio dj ever. And I never tune in to that station again since then.

The American Life era was most special to me cos' I got to see her intimate promo gig at Tower Records. Met so many wonderful fans in the queue the previous night for the wristband. And it was surreal being so close to Madonna at the gig and she looks so stunningly beautiful in person and she sang so beautifully. And she sounded so angelic on Nothing Fails. Best memories ever.

I love the song and the original video as well as the director's cut. It's a real shame that she didn't put it on the Celebration video collection considering the public would agree with her now. Would've been a statement. 

It would have been a good selling point for the collection as well. All she would had done is make sure the conservative media know it's part of the collection and they would have been all over it like flies on shit. No doubt, it would have sold more copies and possibly those who complained about the quality and/or lack of whatever, would have actually bought a copy to know what they were actually complaining about. LOL! .

I was not particularly a fan of the American Life album at the beginning but it soon grew on me with repetitive listens. My favs are definitely the ones with more guitar like X-Static Process which is gorgeous and Intervention. Mother & Father improved a lot at the Re-invention tour, didn't it? Hollywood might be the only *pure* commercial song but it failed in the end. Anyway, it is an album with great messages and nice songwriting.

I was not particularly a fan of the American Life album at the beginning but it soon grew on me with repetitive listens. My favs are definitely the ones with more guitar like X-Static Process which is gorgeous and Intervention. Mother & Father improved a lot at the Re-invention tour, didn't it? Hollywood might be the only *pure* commercial song but it failed in the end. Anyway, it is an album with great messages and nice songwriting.

I like both versions of Mother & Father, even though they're both very different, I'm glad we got both. :) I've always loved this album, it's right up my alley.  :heart:

It would have been a good selling point for the collection as well. All she would had done is make sure the conservative media know it's part of the collection and they would have been all over it like flies on shit. No doubt, it would have sold more copies and possibly those who complained about the quality and/or lack of whatever, would have actually bought a copy to know what they were actually complaining about. LOL! .

LOL doubtful we would've bought a copy :tongue: , after the reviews it was simply download it, inspect it, and...

Posted Image

But some of us actually know from time to time what we are talking about, otherwise there'd be no point in speaking up. I'm just glad I didn't waste my money on it, personally it would've been a bummer . :1f614: