Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

that's why I love the south america concerts, they just humiliate the rest of the world, being the most live audience ever, one day I will go see a Madonna concert there :sad:

oh yeah, we go nuts here!!!

I'm gonna have to say the obvious: COME TO BRAZIL!

You guys come here and let's go to a Madonna concert together in São Paulo!  :Madonna016:

It would be bad for her if her fans didn't have critical thinking. It would mean she hasn't taught us anything and that she didn't set any quality standard for herself. I love her for who she is now unlike those who only worship her for what she used to be but I can't pretend things like the MDNA Tour DVD are anything but mediocre. Her music is still great and her creativity is still on point and so are her tours, I just wish these other things around it were as mind blowing as they were only a few years ago. It's so easy for people to dismiss her when things are so poor. It's a misrepresentation. I don't get why she lets her shows be captured and released in such a poor manner now. So much work goes into making these shows great, and then you can't appreciate anything on the DVD because it's not shot or edited properly. Frankly it's very sad. My only hope is that RHT will be a bit better than MDNA Tour, but it feels like it will be on the same level.

It would be bad for her if her fans didn't have critical thinking. It would mean she hasn't taught us anything and that she didn't set any quality standard for herself. I love her for who she is now unlike those who only worship her for what she used to be but I can't pretend things like the MDNA Tour DVD are anything but mediocre. Her music is still great and her creativity is still on point and so are her tours, I just wish these other things around it were as mind blowing as they were only a few years ago. It's so easy for people to dismiss her when things are so poor. It's a misrepresentation. I don't get why she lets her shows be captured and released in such a poor manner now. So much work goes into making these shows great, and then you can't appreciate anything on the DVD because it's not shot or edited properly. Frankly it's very sad. My only hope is that RHT will be a bit better than MDNA Tour, but it feels like it will be on the same level.

the clip that leaked looked better at least

the clip that leaked looked better at least

the only thing, is that it looked less color corrected. It's just 15 seconds tho and we already see poor angles, and switch in quality from camera to camera. So not a good sign. Hopefully they will at least stabilize the unintended shakiness of the spider cam. The hand held shots look like fan footage tho   :sad: I guess they want to inject a more "live" feel to it and she likes that, it's present on a lot of things she's done lately. 

i will keep saying this: she should have called Hamish Hamilton again. look at his work on Drowned World Tour 2001. that shit felt live! look at what he's done with U2. the releases Elevation 2001: Live from Boston, the iconic U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle, Ireland, or Vertigo 05: Live from Chicago.

please, take a look at the trailer of his last work, iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris. you can actually feel it's a live concert, and that's we want captured on a Madonna video release, don't we?

Jonas Ã…kerlund set the bar way too high.

i will keep saying this: she should have called Hamish Hamilton again. look at his work on Drowned World Tour 2001. that shit felt live! look at what he's done with U2. the releases Elevation 2001: Live from Boston, the iconic U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle, Ireland, or Vertigo 05: Live from Chicago.

please, take a look at the trailer of his last work, iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris. you can actually feel it's a live concert, and that's we want captured on a Madonna video release, don't we?

Jonas Ã…kerlund set the bar way too high.

holy s**t! this trailer is amazing, truly feels live.

I saw that preview first on some fan fb page, and due to the lack of official news I really thought it was fan made, I mean, the slow mo looks a little nice and all, but that horrible and abrupt take from behind (00:07) looks so unprofessional. I know it's only a 15 seconds clip, but that's not a good sign.

Dunno, just saying...A lot has been said and discussed already about the tour: the setlist choice, the narrative (or the lack of it), the backdrops... for me this was not her best tour, but as a Madonna concert it was good, very emotive, tender and sensitive, and that was its strong point, this time the feelings and the emotion of the moment were over the aesthetics and the narrative, and none of the videos on youtube can show that. The edition of this dvd really must be done very carefully to catch that feeling, this was a very difficult concert to tanslate to video, so well... let's wait and see the whole thing.

Don't really like the DWT DVD. It's good and all but its so dated looking now. I feel like that type of U2 dvd is fine for a band and all, and yes it would be a step up from her last couple DVDs, but she's about being theatrical and all that and I feel the way akerlund and keshishian did it was the perfect way for her. Her shows can be more than just live music shows.

I agree about U2  they really know how to release a Live DVD/Blu-Ray - look at the extras they pack in too ?? Its the bonus features that really piss me off about M's releases ? Not a single backdrop video ??? As for the shows themselves - too much over editing - i mean slow motion ???? Come on ?? These arent movies or commercials ??? I much prefer the editing on DWT over the last releases 

No that lol, I want natural because in this preview just looks like studio version

That's because it is Candy Shop, in Melbourne the crowd was loud until Candy Shop came on, then they went dead. I think the Sydney crowd was the same. Plus those Sydney shows went extremely late and the Sydney audience on Sunday was there until almost 2am. They were fatigued. So don't expect much noise from this clip.

she's about being theatrical and all that and I feel the way akerlund and keshishian did it was the perfect way for her. Her shows can be more than just live music shows.

don't be fooled. the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour had a narrtive and a story too, and was very theatrical. even the selected songs were part of a big story. nothing was done at random. U2 has the same concert quality as any M tour.

don't be fooled. the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour had a narrtive and a story too, and was very theatrical. even the selected songs were part of a big story. nothing was done at random. U2 has the same concert quality as any M tour.

ok i havent seen it so i cant comment.

i wonder if with mdna tour she sorta tried to do something similar to some of the sequences from Beyonce's I Am World Tour. If you're gonna add shaky footage to make it artsy, it better be well shot. I think that's what they might have been going for. I think mixing digital cameras with film cameras on the same sequence is ugly but its an experiment i guesss.

Hopefully there won't be as many quality discrepancies on RHT, some of the shots really were like fan footage in resolution