Madonna: Like A Prayer (poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: Like A Prayer  

72 members voted

1. 1. Which cut is your favorite from this hit--critically and by fans acclaims--album (standard version)?

• Like A Prayer
    • Express Yourself
    • Love Song
    • Til Death Do Us Part
    • Promise To Try
    • Cherish
    • Dear Jessie
    • Oh Father
    • Keep It Together
    • Spanish Eyes
    • Act of Contrition

Posted Image

This one is going to be interesting.  Just remember, especially for this album, give me the reason why you chose that particular track.  I am really interested in reading about how other Madonna fans think.  I do not believe that anybody is going to be surprised by the results, but let's get it rolling...

I voted for "Keep It Together".  This song always puts me in a dancing mood but I especially love how she performed this song for the Blonde Ambition Tour--best performance of anything she's ever done, in my opinion.  I know I am in the MINORITY, but 'Like A Prayer' truthfully is not a favorite album of mine.  I do love KIT, though.

This album is sensational. I absolutely love it. No filler tracks, fantastic singles.Like A Prayer has always been my favourite M song from not long after it was released (it now swaps places occasionally with Frozen). My mum played it a lot so it rubbed off on me I guess. Nowadays I love the gospel feel, the drums being absent from the verses with a quiet lullaby kind of feel that builds up to the choruses, and the song has a real uplifting feel for me. But I highly rate all the tracks and feel like by picking a favourite I've let down the other tracks lol. To be honest I think all the songs (excluding Act Of Contrition obviously) are strong enough to be singles.

Had to go with Like A PRAYER because, well, its Like A Prayer (essential Madonna) plus i was drooling over the video the other day as i do more than several times a year. But there's quite a few gems on this of course, Express Yourself may be her greatest video and tour intro. Keep It Together and Till Death Do Us Part will always have a special place in my heart. Those 4 are the biggies imo

I didn't vote. I really can't choose...

The only songs that I can leave are Love song and Act of contrition.

Let's try one more time.

Like a prayer is Madonna's legacy, and it's really one of the best pop tunes of all time.

Express yourself gave me confidence many times in my life.

Till death do us part is so original in its lyrics, and the music perfectly fits them.

Promise to try, I don't think there is another song in the world that really expresses how you deal with different feelings when facing death.

Dear Jessie is so different from any other Madonna song, a different side (but as a children song I'd rather choose Little star).

Oh father is so brave, so daring. The video says it all.

Spanish eyes has a unique sound and sounds so beautiful.

Keep it together is linked forever with the fantastic BAT performance, which stresses the idea of family in the song and its funkier side.

I could leave Dear Jessie and maybe Express yourself.

My last choice would be between LAP and PTT, maybe I'll vote for this one, also because no one has voted it yet.

Every song about death is about "how I miss you, how good you used to be", but here Madonna talks about letting go, memory playing games with your mind. So intense.

Archived