I Love New York (Demo) Appreciation

So when Nothing Fails leaked yesterday and almost went right towards the I Love NY demo. It's one of my favorite things because i'm a demo fiend - as side from Your Honesty and Let Down Your Guard we've gotten teased with low quality stuff. I hope sooner than later we get a box-set jammed with goodies because that would just be the bees knees at this point in her career. Like how sad is the only EP we've ever gotten? It has the live version of LAV with Brit and Christina?  :oi:  Anyway off track this demo is amazing, I know she said she would never do a full rock album but enough in her catalog for me and this one is a banger! Who's with me?

:jamming:

Well the converted guitar songs are wish washy lol I loved Borderline but other than that? it's all the same and don't get me started on Hung Up!, she might have done Dimebag proud but that was so bad! I love Candy Perfume Girl, Swim, I'm in Love with Love, Set it Right, I Don't Give A and all the acoustic stuff in later years on American Life. Oh the rock version of American Life is also a winner!

The demo of ILNY is ok. I don't dislike it or like it to be honest lol. I'm indifferent. I prefer the final version on COADF. I prefer even more the CT studio version which incorporates some of the rock sound from the demo into the COADF dance style.I really like the rock/punk version of Borderline, well the studio demo anyway. The live performances weren't that great unfortunately. The same goes for Hung Up. I was at the S&ST opening night and HU just sounded terrible, a huge mess. M must have agreed as she ditched it (& Borderline) for the 2nd leg of the tour. Again though, i don't mind the S&ST studio version of HU - it's better than the live performances. To be honest, for Me, Hung Up really needs the catchy ABBA sample in order to work. When the sample is only barely present or not at all, Hung Up becomes quite flat and boring as seen in the original demo, most of the remixes and the S&ST and MDNAT versions.

As much as I know she faked that Burning Up this tour if you watched Monte during it LOL this is pretty sick!

But not a heavy metal fan myself.

faked burning up??? why??? ust because you can hear studio vocals??? XD

@ what in the world is that gif and why do I love it?

Anyhoo, I love this demo so much. I also love I'm So Stupid, I'm In Love With Love, the Headcleanr version of Love Profusion and Run. Run is probably my favorite rock track she has ever done, it sounds like a Blur song - I love when the electronic noise like takes over the whole song then vanishes. 

@ what in the world is that gif and why do I love it?

Anyhoo, I love this demo so much. I also love I'm So Stupid, I'm In Love With Love, the Headcleanr version of Love Profusion and Run. Run is probably my favorite rock track she has ever done, it sounds like a Blur song - I love when the electronic noise like takes over the whole song then vanishes. 

It's the new one from Grimes - California and that is the not the album version of the song, I love it swells into that but love furries and Run. lol

This demo is really nice and cute. Not saying I want an album like this but along with Im So Stupid they're really great alternate curiosities :)

Hung Up and Borderline guitar versions were hOrRid. Burning Up and Material Girl were mehhhh. 

Archived