M to direct a movie next year

Spencer.CSR

Oh god! Please no more movies!

Madonna and cinema is a very bad story! Never been a good thing. A tiny few movies she featured were ok but 80% of them were perfectly shitty and forgotten so far. Thank god in 2002 she took the decision not to play anymore. She understood she wasn't in her best place.

The 2 movies she directed were disasters that only sticky fans saw.

I love Madonna in music so much but sorry she totally sucks in cinema.

She has very good tastes (Fellini, Visconti, Pasolini, Godard, can't ask for best!) but she sucks in it. She's a very bad film maker. She just has a name and money to realize and even produce them. That doesn't bring talent.

W.E. was going in many directions, imitating other movies. It was just boring and totally clumsy. How many people saw it? 50 000 in the world?... Critics liked it? They didn't even spent time to go and see it. 

She's just wasting time. Probably realizing her dreams directing movies but is it always great to do it?

i could see her direct a musical. i think it's the dialogue-based acting that her directing struggles with.

Being a director means rulling a whole team and managing people to create the idea you wanna go to. She's not good at holding a camera, directing a cameraman chief, photo and so on...

WE goes in every direction as far as I can remember but goes nowhere at the end of the day.

Cinema and Madonna doesn't work. Can't be successful in everything.

Being a director means rulling a whole team and managing people to create the idea you wanna go to. She's not good at holding a camera, directing a cameraman chief, photo and so on...

WE goes in every direction as far as I can remember but goes nowhere at the end of the day.

Cinema and Madonna doesn't work. Can't be successful in everything.

i actually thought that the camera work in W.E. is pretty awesome. it's pretty much the only thing that captured me, except from the score/soundtrack. the actors were good. if the story doesn't go anywhere, it's not a cinematography/camera problem. it's the script/storytelling/suspense curve.

i agree about having to control a whole team. it sounds funny, as i always thought she was a control freak, but yeah, she might lack some skills in that department (so far?).

I've got nothing against her being a director but she needs to bloody realize that if she's going to have any sort of success, she needs to make films that people are actually going to want to see on the big screen. She was so good in her pop career and translating her art for the masses but she seems to have forgotten this concept in her directing endeavors.

• 1 month later...

Madonna to direct The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells adaptation

10th Jan 17 | Entertainment News

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/227831/Madonna-to-direct-The-Impossible-Lives-of-Greta-Wells-adaptation

The Material Girl hitmaker signed on to the project because of its focus on fighting for equal rights and the underdog.

Madonna is planning to return to the director's chair for movie Loved, a big screen adaption of Andrew Sean Greer's novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.

Madonna is planning to return to the director's chair for movie Loved, a big screen adaption of Andrew Sean Greer's novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.

The Like A Virgin singer previously directed 2011 movie W.E., a British historical romantic drama which she co-wrote with Alek Keshishian, who previously worked with the star on her 1991 documentary Truth or Dare, and the 2008 indie flick Filth and Wisdom. W.E., which starred Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough, and Oscar Isaac bombed at the box office and was widely panned by critics.

Despite the experience, the singer has excitedly revealed in a new interview with feminist writer Roxane Gay for Harper's Bazaar that she has lined up her next film project, taking on Greer's celebrated novel.

"It touches on a lot of really important topics I've always been invested in or championed--fighting for women's rights, gay rights, civil rights, always fighting for the underdog," Madonna explained to the magazine.

The 58-year-old music icon has written the screenplay for Greer's 2013 New York Times bestseller, which is about a woman who finds herself transported to the other lives she might have lived after undergoing electroshock therapy.

"Why does this book appeal to me? Why did I want to adapt it into a screenplay? Because it touches me on so many levels and it deals with so many important topics. Right now, more than ever, it's an extremely timely story to tell," she responded when asked why she chose this novel to adapt.

While she hasn't enjoyed critical success as a director to date, the Material Girl hitmaker has made several memorable appearances in movies such as A League of Their Own, Who's That Girl, and Desperately Seeking Susan. But for the singer, it remains important to her to push the boundaries of her art, if it's warranted.

"I like pushing the envelope. But I don't like to do it just for the sake of doing it. I don't like to be provocative for the sake of being provocative," she told Roxane.

"I like to be provocative. I like to make people think. I like to touch people's hearts. And if I can do all three of those things in one fell swoop, then I feel like I've really accomplished something."

Hopefully it will be done faster than W.E. and hopefully the movie will be more condensed (its themes and honestly the story itself) I like W.E. tho and everyone I know who watched it liked it, without knowing it was her until the credits rolled.

So i'm definitely looking forward to it and I'm confident that it will be even better. 

That's fantastic, hopefully in her spare time she decides to get out her BAT. Girlfriend been teasing those early 90s days way too much for fun times. IT BETTER MEAN SOMETHING!!! Bahahaha! Shit. Well if this makes her happy, right on. But I hope she doesn't plan on disappearing from her fans for the next two years...

Even a dance hit for the summer. Just to keep us soaking wet.

Andrew Sean Greer â€@agreer

@DivaLuvva @Madonna @harpersbazaarus I have! It's beautiful, and I know her passion for this project will also show through.

@@Amzer801 @Madonna only that the article is true: she is thorough in her research and writing! And charming on the phone :)

Andrew Sean Greer

9h9 hours ago

@Madonna talks about film adaptation of my novel in @harpersbazaarus gosh I'm overwhelmed http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/featur

Madonna’s next film project will fight for gay rights

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/madonnas-next-film-project-will-fight-gay-rights/#gs.7ST3oUE

Madonna has revealed her new film, which she is directing and co-writing, will touch on her advocacy for LGBTI rights.

Loved, an adaptation of Andrew Sean Greer’s novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells, will follow the title character as she moves through time and negotiates three different lives should have lived.

One of the main characters is Felix, Greta’s gay twin brother, and the different possibilities his life could have taken.

I am kind of disappointed she is co-writing. I thought that was the only true weakness of W.E and I don't believe it will help strengthen her directing skills.

One of the reasons I both love and hate Tarantino. The guy is stuck in a loop and he needs to lay off directing his own scripts.

Archived