Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

She does. In fact, she is the first person on the Earth to become an iPhone user.

http://autoboard.blogspot.com/2007/03/steve-jobs-has-presented-first-iphone.html

Steve Jobs has presented the first iPhone to the Madonna

Posted ImagePosted Image

Well, I would say that that is evidence enough that she has close ties to Apple, and could very well be co-ordinating a release with them. A marketing campaign tied to the iPhone 6 could be very lucrative.

My only concern is Unapologetic Bitch & Bitch I'm Madonna both have bitch in the title. Meaning how will this affect radio play? ( not that it matters much with her these days anyway). Lol

I'm sure the word 'bitch' can be bleeped out if radio wanna play it. But Clear Channel radio stations in USA and Radio 1 most likely won't play any songs she releases these days due to ageism. 

My only concern is Unapologetic Bitch & Bitch I'm Madonna both have bitch in the title. Meaning how will this affect radio play? ( not that it matters much with her these days anyway). Lol

It shouldn't be an issue. They released a clean version of Britney's Work Bitch--which sounds kinda stupid without all the "Bitch" parts. But I agree with groovyguy, they won't play her on the radio anyway. The last time I heard radio play a new Madonna song was 4 Minutes back in 2008, you can bet none of the other singles from Hard Candy got radio play.

On the subject of radio, this is a question I've raised in a Kylie forum that I frequent, is radio even all that relevant anymore? I know that anytime I get in my car I put on my iPod. I have tried out the local radio stations, but basically they play the same 10 songs over and over. Almost anytime I put it on this summer it was playing Fancy or Problem. I don't think it's a viable tool for promotion anymore. Is radio more relevant in larger cities?

It shouldn't be an issue. They released a clean version of Britney's Work Bitch--which sounds kinda stupid without all the "Bitch" parts. But I agree with groovyguy, they won't play her on the radio anyway. The last time I heard radio play a new Madonna song was 4 Minutes back in 2008, you can bet none of the other singles from Hard Candy got radio play.

On the subject of radio, this is a question I've raised in a Kylie forum that I frequent, is radio even all that relevant anymore? I know that anytime I get in my car I put on my iPod. I have tried out the local radio stations, but basically they play the same 10 songs over and over. Almost anytime I put it on this summer it was playing Fancy or Problem. I don't think it's a viable tool for promotion anymore. Is radio more relevant in larger cities?

What I know from the land of solid rumor confirmation is that if BIM and UB both are on the album, they won't compete.  They are very different, Its true, there are a significant amount of demos recorded for this album as already reported--more so than she's ever done before.  That's all I can say.

So I'm guessing Unapologetic Bitch/Bitch, I'm Madonna, with the description as reggae & "aggressive dancehall" as per another post, might have a Run The World (Girls) sound as diplo produced that track as well.  I hope it doesn't sound too similar in style or it'll be seen as copying off Beyonce.

well kinda,, that track samples Major Lazer's Pon The Floor that was released a couple of years before Beyonce sampled it.

but he does a lot of different stuff so

If I were her I wouldnt care about radio, most of the major radios wont really play her anymore so f*** them, let's go for internet viral and stuff...

she should stick her middle-aged middle finger to them like they did to her.  :kitty:

I hope next year, around february. It's better, cause there's no competition on the charts :cryin:

yes but that would mean no promo... plus last time she released something in Q4 it was huge. It feels like a good time of the year for her.

honestly I just care about the music being a step up from the last few years and I'm putting all my hopes on Diplo....  :speakno:

If I were her I wouldnt care about radio, most of the major radios wont really play her anymore so f*** them, let's go for internet viral and stuff...

she should stick her middle-aged middle finger to them like they did to her.  :kitty:

THIS! She should really give them the middle finger and focus on creative social media marketing.

Hope this isn't true! :(

http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2014/09/madonnas-next-album-not-coming-this-year.html

I have an industry source who is skeptical (to say the least) of the speculation that Madonna's about to drop her new album. He tells me:

"It’s not coming out this year - if there was to be a 2014 release, sales sheet and other trade information would have already started circulating, unless it was to come out just before Xmas, which is unacceptable in European markets, where she is still a strong seller. She is not finished yet, so the plan is a spring 2015 release, much likely matched with tour ticket sales opening / announcement.  She has written and demoed several songs with different teams and is still recording the final dozen or so. Then there is mixing, which as usual she monitors in person. No Madonna album has ever been released without having it mastered and handed to the label 2 months prior to street date, which is the time she usually takes to focus on videos, advance promo, long lead press, photo shoots. Hence, we would by now have clear evidence of a fall release, if there was to be one. At the same time her strategy is to lead the game and she leaks info herself directly through Instagram, teasing with song titles, small clips, photos and quotes, so she can (try to) control it, but the recent info leak on song titles and detailed contents was absolutely not planned.â€

Thoughts?

Some news from Madonnarama. They've heard it first:

Everything you need to know about Madonna’s upcoming album – EXCLUSIVE

Madonnarama can confirm that Madonna has already recorded over 40 different songs in various styles for her upcoming album and we’re going to give you an exclusive look into the recording process.

Thanks to a rather unusual Skype chat with a mysterious anonymous contact, we’ve been able to have a first listen to multiple tracks from various recording sessions for Madonna’s forthcoming album.

Madonna has worked with many producers and collaborators, including Avicii, Diplo, Natalia Kills, Martin Kierszenbaum, S1, Toby Gad, MoZella, MNEK and even Pharrell!
Some of the songs are incredibly good, some are forgettable, but only Madonna will have the final say on which tracks will make the cut.

The original demos with Avicii (Rebel Heart, Messiah…) have a great concept and it’s everything you can expect from a Madonna album. It’s smart, mature and rich, but it lacks the real radio hits.

Madonna’s work with Diplo (Bitch I’m Madonna, Living for love, Unapologetic Bitch…) is more trap/electro pop. Some of these tracks are a better fit for radio play, although they can sound a little immature at times.

The Toby/Mozella/S1 (Iconic, Body Shop, Joan of Ark…) collaboration has some truly great songs, in constrast to the sessions with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum which aren’t particularly interesting.

Needless to say that with nearly 50 songs, Madonna has enough material to release a double album.

A lot of the track titles have already been revealed on Instagram, but they’re hidden in what seems like random Madonna banter. Madonnarama can confirm that the following tracks (mentioned by Madonna) have been recorded during the sessions for the new album…

Autotune Baby
Bitch, I’m Madonna
Body Shop
Holy Water
Iconic
Inside Out
Joan of Ark
Living for Love/Carry On
Messiah
Rebel Heart
Unapologetic Bitch
Veni Vedi Vici
Wash all over me

Please keep in mind that no final tracklist has been selected for the album yet!

Here are some descriptions, which will be updated with time…

Living for Love/Carry on

“Living for love, I’m gonna carry on, love’s gonna lift me upâ€, goes this snappy track about the sanctity of survival, using a luminescent collection of escalating 90s influenced tempos.
Madonna recorded a few “I survived a hard breakup and am stronger for it†anthems, but “Living for Love/Carry on†is probably the most accessible and club friendly one.

She assures her audience that her past flame is in the past, and that she’s ready to move on, with a little help from God.

Madonna talks about how allowing herself to love made her strong and feel reborn, but by letting down her guard, she forgot who she was and didn’t hear the alarm.
Now that the love is over, she says she’s willing to forgive but will never forget.

With the help of a choir, Madonna addresses a kinda odd sounding prayer to God to help her heal fast and allow her to love again.

With an undeniable, instantly catchy hook, in typical Madonna fashion, she’s telling off her ex-boyfriend, but there’s a festive flair that makes the whole break-up seem rather uplifting than dour.

Although the unfinished version of the song lacks a little originality in its production, Living for Love translates the soulful optimism of Madonna. It’s all about empowering yourself after a breakup, getting back on your feet and giving a chance to new love.

Unapologetic Bitch

Madonna’s new track slams the dancer’s sexual prowess as well as mocking his lack of wealth, following their break up in 2013 after three years of dating.

The song contains the lyrics: “I know you’d like it if I stayed home and cried. But that ain’t gonna happen, here’s the reason why: When we did it, I’ll admit it, wasn’t satisfied.â€

Another line boasted: “I’m popping bottles that you can’t even afford. I’m throwing parties and you won’t get in the door.â€

The track has a reggae-themed chorus, which Madonna ends with an expletive-filled rant against her former lover, with the line: “You know you never really know how much your bullshit cost me, but fuck you.

The reggae-influenced track has a strong statement about Madonna taking responsibility for being considered a bitch because sometimes you have to call it like it is.

Madonna suffered from the breakup of the three year relationship with Brahim Zaibat, and the lyrics “Unapologetic Bitch†reinforce this: “It almost killed me but I’m better off alone.â€

Even though Madonna had a tough time, she starts the song off saying she’s waking up happy to know he’s gone and that she’s ready to move on with her life.

Madonna also give the impression that Zaibat expressed some regrets about leaving as the chorus goes “You know you never really knew how much you loved me til you lost me, did you?

Heartbreak City

This track has absolutely nothing to do with Guy Ritchie but deals with Madonna’s recent break-up with Brahim Zaibat. We’ve been informed that more than one track on the album is about the ending of their three year relationship which left Madonna more vulnerable than most people might think.

Some lyrics:
“Cut me down the middle, fucked me up a little. You said I was your queen. I tried to give you everything. And now you want your freedom.â€

“You got just what you came for, a bit of fame and fortune, and I’m no longer needed.â€

“You tore me into pieces, you didn’t have no damn reason. I let you in my kingdom, you helped yourself with everything.â€

“I curse the day we met. This memory is haunting me. I wish I could forget.â€

Two Steps Behind

The song isn’t directed towards Lady Gaga, but to all younger artists trying to steal Madonna’s recipe. Even though Madonna had fun writing and recording this track, there’s a big possibility that it won’t be included on the album.

Some lyrics:
“You’re a copycat [...] Where is my royalty? [...] You’re a pretty girl, I’ll give you that.â€

“Did you study me hard enough? [...] You’re never gonna be, you’re just a wannabe me. [...] Like a sister all messed-up, who’s gonna help you out? [...] In your fantasy, you can try it all. But you can’t be me.â€

“You can walk the walk, even talk the talk. But you’ll always be two steps behind me.â€

Stay tuned for more details on Madonna’s upcoming album!