Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

i hope after this era she goes away for a while and rethinks stuff, makes her next movie, etc. She saturated the media while she didn't have music out with appaling social media.. these are the consequences. It's a no-brainer really... but i still had hopes that the music would be enough to erase all that from public consciousness.  :cryin:

I disagree.  I think she turned so many people off with MDNA and the MDNA tour that they just aren't giving her a chance this time.  Aside from hardcore fans, I doubt most in the general public are even aware of her social media antics or that she has a new album or tour out.  The press is always going to pick up something to harp on unless you want her to just stop living.  She's going to do what she wants, and she should.

I know we all think there's been a lot of promo, and there has internationally, but the fact is that none of it was very well publicized by her team.  Look how we've had to dig and dig every single day just to find out what is going on or what versions of the album are available for sale and where.  Except for core fans, no one really wants to buy more than ONE version of an album.  And just looking on forums, just see how many aren't even willing to do that no matter how much they enjoy Madonna and her demos.  The only thing that is shocking about the release is how little of her core fanbase is left who is willing to actually make a purchase to support her.

There has been a lot of mess all around, but the only thing she can control and needs to do is look in her inner circle.  A "technician" accidentally uploaded the master to the cloud?  That's either complete incompetence for which someone should be fired, seeing how financially costly it has been, or deliberate sabotage.

This album is hardly doneI can't believe what I'm reading from fans just because at the age of 56! she debuted at #2 in the UKMost artists would love that especially at that ageAs for the US, the second week drop won't be quite as big because of not only the bundling going into affect but her 4 apoearances on Ellen next weekExpect a drop, but not that severeShe also will probably due more promo before the tour kicks offThe I Heart radio award has already been confirmed

I disagree.  I think she turned so many people off with MDNA and the MDNA tour that they just aren't giving her a chance this time.  Aside from hardcore fans, I doubt most in the general public are even aware of her social media antics or that she has a new album or tour out.  The press is always going to pick up something to harp on unless you want her to just stop living.  She's going to do what she wants, and she should.

I know we all think there's been a lot of promo, and there has internationally, but the fact is that none of it was very well publicized by her team.  Look how we've had to dig and dig every single day just to find out what is going on or what versions of the album are available for sale and where.  Except for core fans, no one really wants to buy more than ONE version of an album.  And just looking on forums, just see how many aren't even willing to do that no matter how much they enjoy Madonna and her demos.  The only thing that is shocking about the release is how little of her core fanbase is left who is willing to actually make a purchase to support her.

There has been a lot of mess all around, but the only thing she can control and needs to do is look in her inner circle.  A "technician" accidentally uploaded the master to the cloud?  That's either complete incompetence for which someone should be fired, seeing how financially costly it has been, or deliberate sabotage.

I agree sis with everything but you're wrong about her social media, the public is well aware of her antics on the surface, which is worse than knowing them in detail because they make her look really bad. I mean i know my parents know and they went from loving her to feeling really awkward about her. And they never know anything about anything.  :cryin:

Regardless, not being on the media while in between albums is a no-brainer for any artist because it decreases demand for your presence. 

I knoe about 6 hardcore fans, who post about her endlessly and about how great RH is on their Facebook, who despite knowing every song of the 25 song super deluxe version by heart haven't properly bought the album nor plan too if you know what I meanThere are a lot of fans like that nowadays Damn illegal downloading

This album is hardly doneI can't believe what I'm reading from fans just because at the age of 56! she debuted at #2 in the UKMost artists would love that especially at that ageAs for the US, the second week drop won't be quite as big because of not only the bundling going into affect but her 4 apoearances on Ellen next weekExpect a drop, but not that severeShe also will probably due more promo before the tour kicks offThe I Heart radio award has already been confirmed

It's not about the fact she debuted at Number 2 in the UK at 56, its about the fact the sales are poor for her, and for this album. Regardless of any comparision, age, whatever. We also can accurately predict the sales are not gonna have much longevity considering despite the promo the numbers are bad, and the pre-order was very soft, and the fact she won't get a hit single since her team is a mess with releases and radio is ageist and won't support her.

Facts are the same for fans and for anyone else. Why shouldn't they be said? :stare:

Yes Fighter you have brought up good points, but sales are soft everywhereThe album will probably sell between 300,000-400,000 copies it's first week worldwideThat's quite an accomplishment for a woman in the business for 33 years in his day and ageCher, Dolly Parton would love to sell like that

It's just sad that the album won't sell just because it's very good. There are many reasons why, and a lot of them don't involve the fact she's been around for long and she's over 50. I think it's good to discuss those things, even if it's an ugly subject. I wish her team would've learnt the mistakes made with MDNA but they seem to think physical promotion solves everything...

I agree, word by word... I would just add that a lot of people I know were already giving her a second chance with MDNA, after being disappointed by Hard Candy

As to whether teenagers fall in love with her or not, I really don't think that's her focus.  She's making the music she wants to that's fun, regardless of what people think of it.  Teenagers can't afford to see her shows anyway, for the most part, and that's where the money is.

teenagers have their parents money to spend how they wish. why do you think everyone goes for that demographic? lol

teenagers have their parents money to spend how they wish. why do you think everyone goes for that demographic? lol

That's true in some things, but only if you're a spoiled or privileged teen.  I still can't tell you the last time I saw a teen in a $400+ seat at a Madonna concert though, and that's where she makes most of her money.

This album is done. Only reason it did this well is because of the pre-order numbers and front-loaded sales. So now maybe we can accept the album for what it is and try to enjoy it and enjoy the tour. I guess people just aren't interested in her at the moment or whatever. So this album will be strictly a fan album.. lol :pop:

Wow, that was fast...