Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

@Tudors are you the type of Madonna fan who would lose time by defending her on places like Flea Dip's forum? Or you're just being funny in a trickster way, I mean, much like Madonna's? Just curious. You don't need to answer me but I'm gonna make an effort to actually read your reply. Again, I'm just playing the trickster here. Much like Madonna's.

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

Here's an example of an article from that time:

https://t.ly/cfgBt

Out of all looks 😅😅😅 but i definitely don't remember it being a thing...i think the most jarring appearance was the hard candy gym in mexico appearance. Now THAT was...uh...a pillow face. I've been thinking and wondering for years now ever since Feud Bette + Joan, when she's long gone and we're all old how will her later years be perceived. There's an incident where Joan sees one bad photo and she's horrified and goes into hiding and just pretty much ages as a recluse. There's a saying, you either die the hero or you live long enough to die the villian and it's sad but true I feel like society would've preferred her gone so they could at least commodify her death and legacy. 

On a side note, i think its so funny how someone like Pam Anderson could totally change public opinion just by not wearing makeup and all of a sudden praised for being "natural".

12 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

It amazes me why people focus on mundane shit. I wonder if we were able to flick on people’s computers or phones to show their face — what we would see. Who is criticizing who? And why? She’s beautiful. And always will be. 

Maybe you should go and get your eyes checked because no-one was criticising her?

And the entire fabric of this forum is made up of the minutiae of her output, personality, appearance, social posts, etc...

For real, Madonna stans have got to be one of the most absurdly hypersensitive fandoms out there.

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Out of all looks 😅😅😅 but i definitely don't remember it being a thing...i think the most jarring appearance was the hard candy gym in mexico appearance. Now THAT was...uh...a pillow face. I've been thinking and wondering for years now ever since Feud Bette + Joan, when she's long gone and we're all old how will her later years be perceived. There's an incident where Joan sees one bad photo and she's horrified and goes into hiding and just pretty much ages as a recluse. There's a saying, you either die the hero or you live long enough to die the villian and it's sad but true I feel like society would've preferred her gone so they could at least commodify her death and legacy.

On a side note, i think its so funny how someone like Pam Anderson could totally change public opinion just by not wearing makeup and all of a sudden praised for being "natural".

I think it goes back to what M once said, which was that celebrities are afforded one or two adjectives by the public, at most.

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not sure i follow 

How I understood it was that the media perpetuates caricatures of celebs, and most people aren't able to accept nuance.

The problem being that celebs, like all humans, are layered and multi-dimensional people that are more than their personas.

For example, Amy Winehouse was generally seen as 1) a brilliant artist and 2) a drug-addicted victim, which is limiting.

21 minutes ago, Starchild said:

How I understood it was that the media perpetuates caricatures of celebs, and most people aren't able to accept nuance.

The problem being that celebs, like all humans, are layered and multi-dimensional people that are more than their personas.

For example, Amy Winehouse was generally seen as 1) a brilliant artist and 2) a drug-addicted victim, which is limiting.

Ohhh...well i think her speech at billboard brought up a point i had never thought of, when she was married she wasn't seen as a threat. The Ritchie years were wild and ngl when i think of her, I think of that y2k madonna and she was generally loved. Did she face criticism? Yes but definitely not the same tone. I think history often repeats itself and I think of how when films depicted women behaving badly, they had to he punished by dying in the film to send a moral message. I think if she was still married to Guy, we would be seeing a very different reaction to her. It's a double edged sword because (only my personal view) she was severely dimmed. She tried her best to be the good wife, the good girl, the good mother. Once the divorce happened she went back to who she was before marriage and maybe it can be taken as regressive and a devolution and because she was already considered old, she never had the "revenge dress" moment many young women are afforded. She behaved like a "man" and dated young, dressed young, and was going through a midlife crisis of sorts. One entertainment show, someone said and this always makes me chuckle...was she gonna be slutty or go through a mia farrow adopting alot of kids midlife crisis. I hope when she passes people will have a better understanding and think of her in a fond way. She really is one of the last pop stars of the golden age of modern pop music the way Joan bette marlene and garbo were the last of the golden age of Hollywood.

She looks amazing!!!

Her manager Guy, says in his Instagram "the Celebration tour is over...FOR NOW..

EVERYBODY IS ASKING HIM,including myself, is it happening?? I mean ROUND 2?

It's her birthday and all I can think of is that maybe....

On 8/13/2024 at 1:21 AM, Babooshka said:

20130601-pictures-madonna-sound-of-change-chime-for-change-10.jpg

And seeing this picture now she seems so gorgeous to me

I was so critical to her  at the time 😔

It's normal to feel that way. The reason you feel that way is because you've seen Madonna's face worse than that since then for a long time. There's a paper on excessive plastic surgery and psychiatry and I'll explain it to you.

1.This is a normal face without plastic surgery.

01.jpg

2.This is the face of the first stage of plastic surgery.

02.jpg

3. Comparing the above two faces, most people think the first stage of plastic surgery is more beautiful than the one before plastic surgery.

03.jpg

4. And this is the second stage of plastic surgery.

04.jpg

5. Let's compare the first stage of plastic surgery with the second stage of plastic surgery. Here, people's opinions are divided according to taste. Some say the first stage is more beautiful, while others say the second stage is more beautiful. Because up to this point, it is not a very excessive plastic surgery, but an acceptable level of plastic surgery, so the evaluation is divided according to taste.

05.jpg

6. And This is the third stage of plastic surgery. It has definitely started to cross the line now. People start to feel sorry for that look, saying, "Ewwww" "Why?" 

06.jpg

7. Comparing the second stage of plastic surgery with third stage. Most people feel the second stage is more beautiful. And people say she had to stop plastic surgery at the second stage. And People say, "Why did she ruin that beautiful face herself!!"

07.jpg

8. But that's not the end. Let's look at the fourth stage of plastic surgery. Yeah.. It looks like terrible and horrible photoshopped photos that Ricardo creates. People just sigh. "OH... MY... GOD...Why? Why? Ewwwww"

08.jpg

9.And Here comes a very Very interesting point. Let's compare the third and fourth stages of plastic surgery.

09.jpg

Until they saw the horrific images of stage four, people thought stage three would be the worst. But those who are accustomed to seeing stage four, which is even more dreadful than that, are now beginning to misthink that stage three face look normal and beautiful when they look at photos from stage three!

You guys are So critical at that time but now that photo FEEL looks so beautiful? You may not want to admit it, but the reason you feel that way is Because you've gotten used to her much worse plastic surgery face (plus Useless Riacrdo's horrible photoshope photos) since that picture.

5 hours ago, I am madonna said:

It's normal to feel that way. The reason you feel that way is because you've seen Madonna's face worse than that since then for a long time. There's a paper on excessive plastic surgery and psychiatry and I'll explain it to you.

01.jpg

02.jpg

3. Comparing the above two faces, most people think the first stage of plastic surgery is more beautiful than the one before plastic surgery.

03.jpg

04.jpg

5. Let's compare the first stage of plastic surgery with the second stage of plastic surgery. Here, people's opinions are divided according to taste. Some say the first stage is more beautiful, while others say the second stage is more beautiful. Because up to this point, it is not a very excessive plastic surgery, but an acceptable level of plastic surgery, so the evaluation is divided according to taste.

05.jpg

6. And This is the third stage of plastic surgery. It has definitely started to cross the line now. People start to feel sorry for that look, saying, "Ewwww" "Why?" 

06.jpg

7. Comparing the second stage of plastic surgery with third stage. Most people feel the second stage is more beautiful. And people say she had to stop plastic surgery at the second stage. And People say, "Why did she ruin that beautiful face herself!!"

07.jpg

8. But that's not the end. Let's look at the fourth stage of plastic surgery. Yeah.. It looks like terrible and horrible photoshopped photos that Ricardo creates. People just sigh. "OH... MY... GOD...Why? Why? Ewwwww"

08.jpg

9.And Here comes a very Very interesting point. Let's compare the third and fourth stages of plastic surgery.

09.jpg

Until they saw the horrific images of stage four, people thought stage three would be the worst. But those who are accustomed to seeing stage four, which is even more dreadful than that, are now beginning to misthink that stage three face look normal and beautiful when they look at photos from stage three!

You guys are So critical at that time but now that photo FEEL looks so beautiful? You may not want to admit it, but the reason you feel that way is Because you've gotten used to her much worse plastic surgery face (plus Useless Riacrdo's horrible photoshope photos) since that picture.

Totally. I prefer the first one. Period.

23 hours ago, I am madonna said:

There you go again, blaming Ricardo for Madonna's decisions.

Madonna really cannot do any wrong in your eyes, can she?

11 minutes ago, Madnness said:

That's cruel. The woman was doing a speech about human rights and that's what she got. 

Agreed!!  Typical society response where many just focus on superficial nonsense and ignore the actual messaging.  If that was just any regular Sally Schmo, who looked homely or average, giving such a speech, not one person would have really paid much mind to how the woman looked.  However, this is Madonna. Unfortunately, how she looks comes with the territory.  At the time, we all were a bit alarmed by how she looked.  It seems so silly though because looking back at it now, she didn't look bad at all. It's just it was a drastic change being her face hadn't been that plumped up in years. 

Anyway, that was then and this is now.  Maybe she needed those few years to figure out how to approach the cosmetic procedures she was doing because what she is doing now is really paying off.  She's looking more like Pre Confessions era where her face is more slender and less full, but not so gaunt which is what tends to happen with slender women as they age. 

On 8/16/2024 at 8:52 PM, I am madonna said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Thx for posting. The first stage looks the best to me.