Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

So tht means that Causing A Commotion doesn't appear on the database?

My idol, I think they* used the word "imagine" to a reason... And I still believe @Karma's a bitch!!!!

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

We've known since day 1 that this was going to be long drawn out release strategy.

Some year must be reserved for One More Chance and The Look of Love reissues...

*EDIT: sorry for assuming a pronoun based on the regular use of my mother language - I guess this is the very rabbit's hole where people like @chaosmen1984mk are used to fall into...

11 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

So it's probably the Silver Screen Single mix with the dub and full mixes and that's it I guess, unless death proof could spill 

My idol, have you thought on the possibility Rhino's getting everything under tight control again after Karma spilled the links to reissues?

They will never forget how Burning Up reissue "cannibalized" Ray of Light one after getting its release date leaked just hours after everybody finally having Has to Be on streamings - to Rhino's perception, no M fan kept interested anymore to "breathe in, breathe out, I say a little prayer"...

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

We've known since day 1 that this was going to be long drawn out release strategy.

'long drawn' could have been the case of a 2 years timespan, we're almost 4 full years in and still not done honey... An average of 2-3 singles per month would have been long enough to keep fans invested in it not enough to let them tired as hell but oh well, who cares

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

jennifer-lawrence-oh-ok.gif

I appreciate everyone has their opinions of their songs, and while I will admit MDNA isn't one of her strongest albums compared to her 40 plus year career, it's still a pretty solid album.  The thing is. I am not influenced by William Orbit's comments.  He obviously is bitter that he couldn't spend the time he did with Madonna when he did with ROL. I only laugh when people say the album is rushed, when we know some of her most iconic albums were recorded in less time such as LIKE A PRAYER and she was deeply involved in other projects/films at the same time. Some will try to say "it's not the same", but how isn't it?  For both albums, she was very much doing other projects, including films.  In fact, there haven been albums and songs within history completeted very quickly within days/weeks which went on to be huge successes. For me, the  longer one spends on the album, the more predictable and less inspirational it becomes. If an arists has to spend a long time on it, and keep mulling over it, then I would question it's intent.  But even then,  recognize there are circumstances. A lot of the hate for MDNA from many fans is the fact no HIT songs were produced... at least on the same level of her past albums.  It's pretty apparent because it's the same drill with every album that hasnt been that successful when a lot of it is due to the fact she's older and doesn't reach the same ageist demographics of the pop genre that she used to reach. 

Do you know the real issue with MDNA @Adonna? Because I’m tired of ignoring the elephant in the room. The album came out during a fierce rivalry with another singer who was being called the "new Madonna" (I refuse to say her name). Many fans were expecting MDNA to be the album that would kick that singer’s ass, allowing Madonna to reclaim her original throne. When the album couldn't do it (with no clear hits and dropping like a rock on the sales charts), that's when they started to tear MDNA apart (not to mention there was already a group ready to tear the album apart in defense of this "new Madonna").

To ignore this is to miss the real reason behind some fans' hatred toward MDNA. Madonna didn’t care about that rivalry and made the album she wanted to make.

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Do you know the real issue with MDNA @Adonna? Because I’m tired of ignoring the elephant in the room. The album came out during a fierce rivalry with another singer who was being called the "new Madonna" (I refuse to say her name). Many fans were expecting MDNA to be the album that would kick that singer’s ass, allowing Madonna to reclaim her original throne. When the album couldn't do it (with no clear hits and dropping like a rock on the sales charts), that's when they started to tear MDNA apart (not to mention there was already a group ready to tear the album apart in defense of this "new Madonna").

To ignore this is to miss the real reason behind some fans' hatred toward MDNA. Madonna didn’t care about that rivalry and made the album she wanted to make.

The hate for the album was already there when the lead single leaked months ahead to negative reception and they still went with it as the lead.

The song was so bad, that Madonna even lost the radio support she had in Europe and that paired with her slightly arrogant "reductive" interview made her look washed up in the eyes of the public. Her image still hasn’t recovered from it. To say she didn’t care is also not true. She definitely did, she recorded another diss track for Rebel Heart which she thankfully never released.

That wasn’t the main issue with the album. The problem was the very apparent lack of cohesion between the songs. Her previous albums all sounded like one body of work that was conceived as a whole. For MDNA you could tell that the Solveig tracks were the core album that she actually worked on with the producer, maybe Best Friend and I'm Addicted as well. The rest were just stuff taken from the trash can of other artists. The Solveig tracks are some of the worst crap she has ever recorded. It’s infantile, sonically abhorrent and has aged even worse.

I agree that the album wasn’t as negatively received by fans as it is now but that’s usually how it is. Fans need some time to digest an album usually before forming a final opinion. Compared to Rebel Heart and Hard Candy, MDNA lacks proper direction and stronger material. The only that is ironically worse is Madame X, which is pretty much 100% Madonna.

6 hours ago, missberic said:

This literally applies to 90% of the songs on MDNA. Or do you think GGW is somehow brilliant? Looool

After you're not being Alain Delon, are you saying you're not a GGW either??? I am heartily sorry for you as you should be badly to be... GOOD...

Well... we all missberic, I mean, misbehave anyway, hey!

EDIT: @MPowered would Madame X sound much better to you if she sang in German instead of Portuguese?

Saaafaaaaado... ele faz tão gostoso...

All the "MDNA" bashing... some of you have never been divorced, angry, upset, hot, wanting to f**k and fool around, you don't give A, teenage rebelling, die for me baby, baby Jesus on the stairs, no time for a manicure - and it shows.

There's more truth on that album than in many others from her. But maybe's not the truth you want to see from her, that's a whole other story.

I love my Kabbalahdonna 1998-2006 with all my heart but you realize MDNAdonna and after is more who she probably really is underneath it all, right?

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

All the "MDNA" bashing... some of you have never been divorced, angry, upset, hot, wanting to f**k and fool around, you don't give A, teenage rebelling, die for me baby, baby Jesus on the stairs, no time for a manicure - and it shows.

There's more truth on that album than in many others from her. But maybe's not the truth you want to see from her, that's a whole other story.

And to @MPowered's despair there's so much truth on Madame X too. Let's respect Interscope albums, guys. They're here for a reason. After them Madonna fandom has never been the same again, danke Got!

And let's say the truth regarding Give Me All Your Luvin' too.

It's, like someone said out there, kind of a track meant to be on a "Kidz Bop fucking compilation"? ABSOLUTELY.

It's so embarassing that even Willow Smith would be ashamed to sing it? NO DOUBT.

But... IT'S A BOP AND A HIT!!!!! AND WITH A VERY SHARPENED STATEMENT BEHIND!!!

Don't play the stupid game

Cause I'm a different type of girl

Every record sounds the same

You gotta step into my world

Give me all your luvin', give me all your luvin' today

Give me all your luvin', give me all your luvin'

Let's forget about time

And dance our lives away!

L-U-V Madonna, Y-O-U you wanna!

BITCH, YOU CAN COPY ME ALL YOU WANT TO, I AM USED TO COPY SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE TOO. BUT GIVE ME MY CREDITS, AS I GIVE THE CREDITS TO THE ONES I COPY. DON'T BRAG OUT YOU'RE "NOT INSPIRED BY ANYONE." AND DON'T SAY YOU PERSONALLY ASKED FOR MY BLESSING TO YOUR BLATANT RIP-OFF CAUSE THIS IS JUST HORSESHIT LIE.

MESSAGE WAS SENT LADY.

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I love my Kabbalahdonna 1998-2006 with all my heart but you realize MDNAdonna and after is more who she probably really is underneath it all, right?

You can say it louder, but not clearer. If someone claims there's no cohesion in the album, especially when it reflects her feelings after freeing herself through the divorce, they clearly haven't listened to it.