Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Wild take but I personally would use the reissues to bring demos, outtakes, alternates and unreleased stuff. Leave the remixes for a potential singles box. The same goes for the tours, I would welcome live TV performances and promo tour audio on the reissues but I would leave the tours to their own new releases, imagine a box with Video+Audio, multiples dates... :Madonna041:

56 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

Wild take but I personally would use the reissues to bring demos, outtakes, alternates and unreleased stuff. Leave the remixes for a potential singles box. The same goes for the tours, I would welcome live TV performances and promo tour audio on the reissues but I would leave the tours to their own new releases, imagine a box with Video+Audio, multiples dates... :Madonna041:

I agree with this or release the remaining remixes as "bonus EPs".

I imagine something like:

"Dita's Dungeon" EP

for all the remixes and versions that didn’t make it onto the digital singles. Or maybe even a "Remixes, Part 2" single for the other stuff.

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

A potential singles box is imposible. She has 86 singles and 19 promo-singles. The price would be astronomical. Although it would be an interesting idea for her to release a CD-Single per week (with a variable number of discs, depending on the number of remixes) like a serialized collection. That's how it was done with the yellow CD singles in 1995, if I remember correctly.

Pl

54 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

A potential singles box is imposible. She has 86 singles and 19 promo-singles. The price would be astronomical. Although it would be an interesting idea for her to release a CD-Single per week (with a variable number of discs, depending on the number of remixes) like a serialized collection. That's how it was done with the yellow CD singles in 1995, if I remember correctly.

Plus if they did a box set someone would moan about 1 song that was released in one country ( superstar ) not included and fans would complain it not included or a fade of ITG or Angel not included as they don’t have time to listen to the full album versions of those songs 🥱🙄

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

As you said, she has way too many singles at this point to release a full singles box set.

The only thing they could do is something like Michael Jackson's "Visionary":

MICHAEL_JACKSON_VISIONARY+-+THE+VIDEO+SI

Not CD+DVD of course, at this point, but a cute box set with, let's say, 20-25 essential singles. Or her biggest singles ever. Whatever marketing approach to it they would like to take. In any case, a selection of singles.

So many possibilities and options...

And so little results!!

So let's say you need to pick 25 Madonna singles for an Essential Singles box set. Which ones would you choose?

I'd go with:

01. Holiday

02. Borderline

03. Like A Virgin

04. Material Girl

05. Live To Tell

06. Papa Don't Preach

07. Open Your Heart

08. La Isla Bonita

09. Who's That Girl

10. Like A Prayer

11. Express Yourself

12. Vogue

13. Justify My Love

14. Erotica

15. Secret

16. Take A Bow

17. Frozen

18. Ray Of Light

19. Music

20. Die Another Day

21. Hung Up

22. 4 Minutes

23. Give Me All Your Luvin'

24. Bitch I'm Madonna

25. Medellín

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

As you said, she has way too many singles at this point to release a full singles box set.

The only thing they could do is something like Michael Jackson's "Visionary":

MICHAEL_JACKSON_VISIONARY+-+THE+VIDEO+SI

Not CD+DVD of course, at this point, but a cute box set with, let's say, 20-25 essential singles. Or her biggest singles ever. Whatever marketing approach to it they would like to take. In any case, a selection of singles.

So many possibilities and options...

And so little results!!

I love this idea.  Unfortunately, it won't satisfy all fans.  As much as you may welcome a compromise, there will be some who will say, "but how could they leave this one out?"  What's essential to some, isn't the same to others. 

Anyway, I say "feature the singles" with each individual album in a deluxe re-issue release.  It'll still be expensive, but then again it's all "wishful thinking". LOL!

I suppose a 20 CD dvd boxset with one CD EP for each of her 14 studio albums 

and a further six that collect the sound track and GH songs would be an affordable and incremental collection compromise. 

1. Crazy For You
  2. Gambler
  3. Into The Groove
  4. Love Dont Live Here Anymore

1. Who’s that Girl
  2. Causing A Commotion
  3. The Look Of Love
  4. Spotlight 

1. Vogue
  2. Hanky Panky
  3. Justify My Love
  4. Rescue Me

1. This Used To Be My Playground
  2. Ill Remember
  3. You’ll See
  4. One More Chance

1. You Must Love Me
  2. Dont Cry For Me Argentina 
  3. Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  4. Beunos Aires

1. Beautiful Stranger
  2. American Pie
  3. Celebration
  4. Revolver 

One thing i think she should do is another Something to Remember but a la Kylie and re-record her ballads maybe in an orchestral/electronic way. She can do a mini show for it and we could finally get I'll Remember and Playground live. I know it would never happen but collaborate with Massive Attack and other cool artists to help reimagine them. Maybe finally a Goldfrapp collab and M83.

On 7/11/2024 at 7:24 AM, steady75 said:

Some days I actually prefer the Movie House Edit of Causing. I think it's probably the one that will end up in my singles playlist. I like the twinkly begining. 

If you mean the digital release then we all need to lower our expectations Because Emily doesn't seem like delivering it

1 hour ago, burha said:

Regarding the forthcoming releases on Madonna singles, from where can we see if something is coming (is going to release)? Are there any relevant links?

Please help

We know for sure "Cherish" and "Causing A Commotion" are coming, they are copyrighted on YouTube. Someone posted "True Blue" is also coming soon.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

We know for sure "Cherish" and "Causing A Commotion" are coming, they are copyrighted on YouTube. Someone posted "True Blue" is also coming soon.

@Karma announced all the three.

And I TRULY HOPE Karma's all right!!

(Haven't chosen JoJo Siwa's or TS's Karma ones because... Should I rly explain why??? #teambritsmith )

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

We know for sure "Cherish" and "Causing A Commotion" are coming, they are copyrighted on YouTube. Someone posted "True Blue" is also coming soon.

Sorry, i cannot understand, can you please specify where it says copyrighted? I cannot find anything under the official video;

1 hour ago, burha said:

Sorry, i cannot understand, can you please specify where it says copyrighted? I cannot find anything under the official video;

Unofficial YouTube uploads start getting official copyrighted info below, from Warner. Usually that's how we found out about some other digital singles coming in the last few months, it's an indication of a release coming.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Unofficial YouTube uploads start getting official copyrighted info below, from Warner. Usually that's how we found out about some other digital singles coming in the last few months, it's an indication of a release coming.

You are right!, I check CAC and indeed is copyrighted (2 weeks ago, if i am right)

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Cherish" digital single coming at midnight, confirmed on PopJustice:

728012465236.png

01. Cherish (7" Version)

02. Cherish (Extended Version)

03. Supernatural

We'll have audio previews in 45 minutes on Apple Music NZ (praying for the original untouched mastering, "Supernatural" on "LAP 30th" is too boosted IMO).

In homage to @Karma who broke news first, I ask you to stream these tunes:

KARMA'S A BITCH, KARMA IS A CAT, KARMA IS EVERYTHING!!!