MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I disagree...i actually never bought it and i dont stream it either lol but i know it did pretty well and she looked so hot with Nile at that disco rollerskating party!

What do you not agree on?  You previously stated you thought FEL was a great way to kick off the deal as well as raved about the mixes, etc. Which we both agree and we both also agree it was a unique twist on a GH's.  I'm confused? 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I would consider Finally Enough to be a good way to kick the deal off. It's 50 #1s (ok some are left off) and done in a unique way that its also not just some generic greatest hits. My only complaint is that GARBAGE artwork. Hoping he is not allowed anywhere near future projects.

Agree, it was a great way how to kick-off the campaign but it has nothing to do with the promised landmark reissues. I love FEL (including artwork), and I don't really understand complaints about it. She hasn't released remix album in a quite long time, so it was finally time to do it, and it's a nice mix of greatest hits album (but not another completely useless set of the same old songs) and remix album (even if we had all these remixes before, but never included in one compilation) 

3 hours ago, Donna said:

I'll be fine because at the end of the day, I don't take it so seriously.  I don't look at that Warner Deal press statement as something "set in stone" or a law of the land for what's to come.  I also know that it's just not only about the "re-issues". 

And thank you for your follow up reply.  None of those individuals will ever get a moment of acknowledgement from me.  I'm better than that. Like you said, I have a right to my opinion. I've said nothing wrong here and I'm entitled to it. The difference is: I'm respectful with what I say. I am not looking to insult or put others down when I don't agree or like what someone is posting. I don't chime in simply to insult like some do here. Those oppose me here, are just upset over some disagreement we had long ago, and they can't let it go.  They prefer to pop in every so often and shade.  This is why they remain ignored and always will be ignored.  I have no interest in such nastiness. I'm here as a fan, and I will always support Madonna in a positive as well as in an objective manner. If that annoys some people; that's their problem.  Lastly, I love these discussions we have. I appreciate you always keep it respectful and don't insult or call me names just because we don't agree.  This is how a forum of diverse and intelligent fans should interact. Thank you again. :luv:

I agree, we all are here as fans adoring Madonna, so there is no point to create drama between us (like there is not enough drama in the entire world) :)

As mentioned before, I am not satisfied with this Warner deal at all (I was at the very beginning, but not anymore), neither am I expecting any reissues to happen, moreover I don't even want them to happen anytime #soon, there will be plenty of time in the later stage of her career for that. Now I would rather see her only focusing on a new music primarily while she can and completely drop this "landmark albums reissue kind of deal with Warner" if possible. 

But hey, that's me, and who am I to decide what other people should be enjoying or should not be? :)

If you are still happy about this Warner deal. Or expecting LAV 40 to happen. Fine for you! Actually, I would probably love to have at least a tiny pinch of your enthusiasm regarding Warner deal. I've lost it all in the last 3 years, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to be like me, right? 

So let's see what happens in a near future and let's enjoy it together as fans. Or let's not enjoy it and let's complain together, lol. But there is no point to have useless internet fight between us, fans or put others down because they see things differently and have different expectations. We are simply people with different opinions, as always, some are excited that Madonna is making movie about herself, some or not, same with reissues and everything else. 

31 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I agree, we all are here as fans adoring Madonna, so there is no point to create drama between us (like there is not enough drama in the entire world) :)

As mentioned before, I am not satisfied with this Warner deal at all (I was at the very beginning, but not anymore), neither am I expecting any reissues to happen, moreover I don't even want them to happen anytime #soon, there will be plenty of time in the later stage of her career for that. Now I would rather see her only focusing on a new music primarily while she can and completely drop this "landmark albums reissue kind of deal with Warner" if possible. 

But hey, that's me, and who am I to decide what other people should be enjoying or should not be? :)

If you are still happy about this Warner deal. Or expecting LAV 40 to happen. Fine for you! Actually, I would probably love to have at least a tiny pinch of your enthusiasm regarding Warner deal. I've lost it all in the last 3 years, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to be like me, right? 

So let's see what happens in a near future and let's enjoy it together as fans. Or let's not enjoy it and let's complain together, lol. But there is no point to have useless internet fight between us, fans or put others down because they see things differently and have different expectations. We are simply people with different opinions, as always, some are excited that Madonna is making movie about herself, some or not, same with reissues and everything else. 

Thanks.  My thought is that the Warner Deal is still going on.  And there's nothing wrong with wanting new music to come as well.  After all, it's not impossible for both to happen.  I don't believe the current Warner Deal has anything to do with keeping Madonna from making new music, nor should it.   Yet, the deal allows Warner and Madonna to cultivate her back catalog.  

With LAV 40th coming up!  It seems fitting that it could be that "landmark" album that's gonna get attention if be the first in the series of re-issues. This is why I'm optimistic.  If not, it's not the end of the world nor did I ever think the deal was written as law that this has to happen.  I'll be just fine if it doesn't happen, but there is nothing wrong with me feeling that something could happen still.  It's not a matter of who is right or wrong here. It's just I'm hopeful still.  If it doesn't happen... then oh well!  Not the end of the world for me. Like everyone else, I'd love to have the expansive deluxe editions.  But if it doesn't happen, then definitely bring on whatever else is in store for us, regarding this deal as well as NEW MUSIC! :party:

5 hours ago, Donna said:

What do you not agree on?  You previously stated you thought FEL was a great way to kick off the deal as well as raved about the mixes, etc. Which we both agree and we both also agree it was a unique twist on a GH's.  I'm confused? 

Oh yes, it was great way but i thought it was ugly and i didnt like the remixes chosen but that's just MY opinion so obviously i know alot of people did like it 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

“Landmark reissues” are pure fan fiction. Ask Madonna and she would have no idea what you are talking about. She never said anything about this.

Well...

"For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums"

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

My only complaint is that GARBAGE artwork. Hoping he is not allowed anywhere near future projects.

To me artwork is alright. I remember seeing online concept artwork for FEL  drawn all over with crayons. It was disgusting abomination. Glad she abandoned this project. Now I can't find that shit anywhere. Guess it crawled back to hell where it belongs. :Madonna009:

What some of you call lies are simply changes of plans, and they happen with every big artist. Some things are announced and then they never happen.

Gaga promised a second part of the "Telephone" video and "ARTPOP" part II... it never happened.

Janet promised DVD releases of her early tours... it never happened.

I think we can all assume now that the initial Madonna reissues plan has changed along the way and it may happen or not.

Announcements are not contracts, they're hype. It's not fun when they change but it it's not the end of the world.

14 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

But there is no point to have useless internet fight between us, fans or put others down because they see things differently and have different expectations. We are simply people with different opinions, as always, some are excited that Madonna is making movie about herself, some or not, same with reissues and everything else. 

I actually agree. Which is why I pick arguments with him, because the way he puts down other people and acts condescending is not okay. 

8 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

To me artwork is alright. I remember seeing online concept artwork for FEL  drawn all over with crayons. It was disgusting abomination. Glad she abandoned this project. Now I can't find that shit anywhere. Guess it crawled back to hell where it belongs. :Madonna009:

I actually liked the crayon one, especially the warhol/divine-esque cover. Was it pretty? No but it had that 70s female trouble aesthetic. The aldo one was...I'm 12 trying to look impressive in the year 2000 lol and the sunglasses with the reflection? 🤮🤮🤮 and the deluxe vinyl had the same damn image on every sleeve! I seriously have no idea how so many fans paid for that considering the price. Either way, here's hoping and praying for food graphic design...please? 😭😭😭 

8 hours ago, Babooshka said:

One day Warner will sue Madonna, they didn't make this deal just for fun

Warner will sue for what?  They are the one acquiring her complete catalog and have people who are helping cultivate it.  Madonna isn't stopping them from that.  Like @Prayerstated the press statement was simply an outline what they hope to achieve, but it was not set in stone.  They are still housing her whole catalog and they sill are cultivating it as well have developed curated releases from it already.  Just because one doesn't like what's come from it, doesn't mean it isn't all happening.  We might not see the expansive re-issues to the degree we hope, but the deal is still on-going. They have people other than Madonna over seeing this, which was outlined in the press statement.

7 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I actually agree. Which is why I pick arguments with him, because the way he puts down other people and acts condescending is not okay. 

Where? Which exact posts?  Feel free to report such posts if you think they are going against community guidelines!!!!

The truth is, months ago you and I disagreed about some stupid topic, and you became unhinged over it. At that point, you stated; you're going to ignore me.  Obviously, you can't!  You're too wrapped up being pissed at me for something that happened long ago, and can't let it go.  The proof is you said specifically "I pick arguments with him". (How childish is that?)  But guess what?  It's a one way street because up until this post, I've been ignoring you!  You're the one who is making it personal.  Nothing I post is directed at you, yet you pop in every so often, quoting something I say, whining about how "condescending" I am or how lengthy my posts are. You have no interest in having a real discussion with me.  You just want to hold some silly grudge over something we didn't agree on.  If you can't handle my replies, please put me on ignore.  Believe me, I'll return the gesture.  In fact, no need to reply back here. I won't respond back. If you feel the need to have the last word (which I'm sure you will), I won't read!  You're permanently ignored from this point on!  I'm not here to fight and argue with people. I'm here to talk about Madonna.  If you can't handle such discussions without assuming malice or attacking or insulting me personally, then please don't acknowledge me or anything I say.  It's that easy!  Best of luck to ya!

24 minutes ago, Donna said:

Warner will sue for what?  They are the one acquiring her complete catalog and have people who are helping cultivate it.  Madonna isn't stopping them from that.  Like @Prayerstated the press statement was simply an outline what they hope to achieve, but it was not set in stone.  They are still housing her whole catalog and they sill are cultivating it as well have developed curated releases from it already.  Just because one doesn't like what's come from it, doesn't mean it isn't all happening.  We might not see the expansive re-issues to the degree we hope, but the deal is still on-going. They have people other than Madonna over seeing this, which was outlined in the press statement.

Not to mention...the label will get things when they want them. If they demanded them a year ago, you better believe we would've gotten them a year ago especially since its already existing material. I'm very curious to the timelines of othet artists...like how was the timing for Prince or Bowie? Or any other legacy artist?