MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Can't wait to talk shit with you about the PDP Digital EP. XD

Unfortunately, it will have to wait. I have my TIDAL subscription on hold and I haven't been able to listen to it yet... Since I have the three tracks on CD, I'm not in a hurry, but it's a shame they didn't include the edit version (it's available on the japanese cd-singles boxset)

10 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Unfortunately, it will have to wait. I have my TIDAL subscription on hold and I haven't been able to listen to it yet... Since I have the three tracks on CD, I'm not in a hurry, but it's a shame they didn't include the edit version (it's available on the japanese cd-singles boxset)

That's the one with the fade out, right?

Also, album version and extended version are lifted from the 2001 remaster.

Ain't No Big Deal sounded remastered too.

20 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Oh really? I always thought that was as follows.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

Interesting good to know

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Oh really? I always thought that was as follows.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

Interesting good to know

The version on the Japanese CD single always was the radio edit, like the japanese 7'' vinyl.

https://www.discogs.com/release/706072-Madonna-マドンナ-Papa-Dont-Preach-パパドントプリーチ

12 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I think they're just a fan making well educated guesses like the rest of us? Don't they run a podcast about M

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I think they're just a fan making well educated guesses like the rest of us? Don't they run a podcast about M

They may, but there is a team behind this, so Madonna does not have to be there for every aspect of getting the re-issues put together.  I'm sure she's being notified and has been keeping tabs on it all, but to me, the re-issues would be more of her people doing things behind the scenes, putting it all together.  Some fans think, a public announcement has to be made for every thing she does, when I'm sure a lot of what is being done is very much under wraps and won't be shared until their ready to release it. :)

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

Yes. Thats Russell if I'm not mistaken...the ORIGINAL Madonnarama from the late 90s/early 00s. I definitely would trust him on twitter. Madonnarama was basically the MTribe of that era. I think after American Life he kinda gave up on her like MANY fans and fansites during that time but he always provided inside info and correct info. Of course he could no longer have those connections but Im gonna say he's trustworthy still.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yes. Thats Russell if I'm not mistaken...the ORIGINAL Madonnarama from the late 90s/early 00s. I definitely would trust him on twitter. Madonnarama was basically the MTribe of that era. I think after American Life he kinda gave up on her like MANY fans and fansites during that time but he always provided inside info and correct info. Of course he could no longer have those connections but Im gonna say he's trustworthy still.

Grrr i am stoopid. Not russell, EDWARD! i definitely trust him.

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ouuu you getting me excited now. EROTICA DELUXE IS CUMMING Excited Freak Out GIF by Adult Swim

So no new music for a considerably amount of time? 

Oh Jesus take the wheel I'm heartbroken if so. Madame X left me a bit cold whilst very arty. So between this and the next few years ahead it'll be 10-15 years before the next Madonna album I connected with (Rebel Heart). I can't actually believe what I'm reading.

19 hours ago, Shoful said:

Ouuu you getting me excited now. EROTICA DELUXE IS CUMMING Excited Freak Out GIF by Adult Swim

You mean this?

1. Erotica
2. Fever
3. Bye Bye Baby
4. Deeper and Deeper
5. Where Life Begins
6. Bad Girl
7. Waiting
8. Thief of Hearts
9. Words
10. Rain
11. Why's It So Hard
12. In This Life
13. Did You Do It?
14. Secret Garden

Bonus Disc
1. Erotica (William Orbit 12-inch)
2. Deeper and Deeper (Shep's Classic 12-inch)
3. Bad Girl (Edit)
4. Fever (Extended 12-inch Mix)
5. Rain (Radio Remix)
6. Bye Bye Baby (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix)
7. Up Down Suite

11 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

You mean this?

1. Erotica
2. Fever
3. Bye Bye Baby
4. Deeper and Deeper
5. Where Life Begins
6. Bad Girl
7. Waiting
8. Thief of Hearts
9. Words
10. Rain
11. Why's It So Hard
12. In This Life
13. Did You Do It?
14. Secret Garden

Bonus Disc
1. Erotica (William Orbit 12-inch)
2. Deeper and Deeper (Shep's Classic 12-inch)
3. Bad Girl (Edit)
4. Fever (Extended 12-inch Mix)
5. Rain (Radio Remix)
6. Bye Bye Baby (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix)
7. Up Down Suite

Can you imagine :Madonna049: The whole world will feel the meltdown. 

I wonder if some of the interviews and footage that have been leading recently is because Warner have been requesting stuff from the archives to use for the Special Editions. If the special editions have DVD documentaries with clips and interviews from the era and Madonna narrating it would be everything. Talking about the songs, interviews with the collaborators. The biopic can do what it wants if I get hear about the creation process.

52 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I wonder if some of the interviews and footage that have been leading recently is because Warner have been requesting stuff from the archives to use for the Special Editions. If the special editions have DVD documentaries with clips and interviews from the era and Madonna narrating it would be everything. Talking about the songs, interviews with the collaborators. The biopic can do what it wants if I get hear about the creation process.

Out of curiosity...are cds+dvds still a thing? Madonna really is the only major legacy artist i follow...garbage didnt do any dvds but of course they arent as big as her...i really dont even know the last time i heard of a music artist even release a dvd much less a bluray 

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Her demographic would probably still have players. 

I'm sure her demographic would still have VCRs if their adult kids hadnt thrown them out already for the nursing home lol

Seriously though...any recent legacy releases that have dvds? I could understand uploading to YouTube on her channel but dvds never entered my brain for these releases. I know my mom's barry manilow box set had a vhs lol

I read somewhere that DVD's were making a comeback - but that was a while back.

re no new music - I'm fine with that, I'm confident the re issues will keep us fed well! Although, we have been very luck to have soooooo many of her unreleased songs shared - not sure what is left, other then a few off cuts.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm sure her demographic would still have VCRs if their adult kids hadnt thrown them out already for the nursing home lol

Seriously though...any recent legacy releases that have dvds? I could understand uploading to YouTube on her channel but dvds never entered my brain for these releases. I know my mom's barry manilow box set had a vhs lol

And she didn't release a DVD/Blu-Ray of her last MX tour as well.  So yeah, the trend for the last few years have been going to streaming platforms if not offer a digital download.  I assume it's just easier and less expensive for the artists, meanwhile they may profit more from it being they don't have to pay for the physical DVDs for their content to be on.

There seems to be a climb in interest again in physical formats lately.  We're really seeing it in Vinyls and now Cassette tapes especially.  Not sure the statistics are for DVD/Blu-rays but I think there will always be a group of people who prefer to own a physical copy of their favorite concerts, films, etc.