MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Regarding Deluxe Re-issues, I wouldn't mind The Virgin, True Blue/WTG and/or LAP/BAT recieve some treatment like this release from Prince.  Though, the LP version is definitely expensive (sold out) which is what I would want, but the CD version has been reduced to $85 at the moment: 

14 hours ago, Adonna said:

Regarding Deluxe Re-issues, I wouldn't mind The Virgin, True Blue/WTG and/or LAP/BAT recieve some treatment like this release from Prince.  Though, the LP version is definitely expensive (sold out) which is what I would want, but the CD version has been reduced to $85 at the moment: 

YES!

This is the kind of box I've been talking about the whole time. 
I have the cd edition this Prince box, and it's sooo worth the money. 

The book is really fantastic and just imagine what kind of book it would be if it was about any of Madonna's albums. 
All the pictures, all the stories, all the exciting facts about the songs... What inspired her? (LTTWM was inspired by a stripper she felt sorry for) What was going on in her life when she wrote the song? (She was on her way out to go on a date with some gorgeous Latino guy, and if I'm not wrong, she made him sit and wait for her to finish the a song she was working on. It's called Into The Groove! :) )

Expensive? Yes, but I would buy this kind of box in a heartbeat!

13 minutes ago, Celebration said:

YES!

This is the kind of box I've been talking about the whole time. 
I have the cd edition this Prince box, and it's sooo worth the money. 

The book is really fantastic and just imagine what kind of book it would be if it was about any of Madonna's albums. 
All the pictures, all the stories, all the exciting facts about the songs... What inspired her? (LTTWM was inspired by a stripper she felt sorry for) What was going on in her life when she wrote the song? (She was on her way out to go on a date with some gorgeous Latino guy, and if I'm not wrong, she made him sit and wait for her to finish the a song she was working on. It's called Into The Groove! :) )

Expensive? Yes, but I would buy this kind of box in a heartbeat!

Yes! I have both of the Prince Super Deluxe sets for Sign of the Times and Diamonds and Pearls and they are a fans wet dream! This is exactly how M should present these reissues. She’s never celebrated her legacy in this way before, so these sets need to be done properly. I’m sure I read that the same person who oversees the Prince sets is also overseeing the Madonna sets. Hopefully we will have some sort of announcement of the LAV 40th celebrations in the coming weeks. 

I have those sets too and also mentioned many times this is the kind of stuff she needs to be putting out but some seem happy with just vinyl reissues and every single edit and fade on streaming so as long as they lap them up there is no chance - I just don’t think she’s interested in this kind of thing -of course I would love to be proved wrong 

Just a tiny little detail some of you seem to forget maybe...

Prince is DEAD. The Prince State chooses what to included between the endless material available: unreleased, alternative, live versions. Nothing can stop them, no one can block it

Don't expect that same level of detail with Madonna if we ever get the reissues. First of all cause she's here with us, so she's gonna decide what's in and what's not and second because her vault is nothing compared to what Prince had.

Expecting a Prince reissue type of affair is just unrealistic.

The Prince reissues are a dream but they would have been not possible with him still between us. He even blocked a "Purple Rain" reissue in 2015, he just wanted to put out the 9-track remastered album without any extra or bonus material and Warner said "no" and saved it until he was gone.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Just a tiny little detail some of you seem to forget maybe...

Prince is DEAD. The Prince State chooses what to included between the endless material available: unreleased, alternative, live versions. Nothing can stop them, no one can block it

Don't expect that same level of detail with Madonna if we ever get the reissues. First of all cause she's here with us, so she's gonna decide what's in and what's not and second because her vault is nothing compared to what Prince had.

Expecting a Prince reissue type of affair is just unrealistic.

The Prince reissues are a dream but they would have been not possible with him still between us. He even blocked a "Purple Rain" reissue in 2015, he just wanted to put out the 9-track remastered album without any extra or bonus material and Warner said "no" and saved it until he was gone.

I’m referring to how the set is presented. I don’t mind a boxset with the album remastered, b sides and all official remixes and a blu ray with remastered music videos, performances and the tour that goes with the album, with a nice hardback book with pictures and some text on the album etc. I don’t expect demos or unreleased tracks to be included with the sets because we all know how she feels about them. It would just be amazing to have a beautiful boxset for each album with everything pertaining to that album/era in one set. That’s all we ask. 

8 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I’m referring to how the set is presented. I don’t mind a boxset with the album remastered, b sides and all official remixes and a blu ray with remastered music videos, performances and the tour that goes with the album, with a nice hardback book with pictures and some text on the album etc. I don’t expect demos or unreleased tracks to be included with the sets because we all know how she feels about them. It would just be amazing to have a beautiful boxset for each album with everything pertaining to that album/era in one set. That’s all we ask. 

Exactly.   No one is being 'unrealistic' by just wishing for something like that. Besides, I know some living artists that have put out some great box sets, so no it shouldn't matter if it's about someone being  "living or dead". :luv:

I think the big draw for me would be the live content. For example with the Like a Virgin set, it would be amazing if they added the Virgin Tour fully remastered on blu ray. I’d love the full uncut show, but if not, the previously released show would be great. It would be nice to add a CD/vinyl of the audio of the tour too. Maybe in some instances they could add a different date of the tour compared to the video element. I’ve read that all of the shows from the Who’s That Girl tour onwards were recorded and kept in storage, so this could be done. For example in the LAP set, she could add Blond Ambition from Nice on blu-ray, but include Blond Ambition from Wembley as the audio CD. It would be a nice touch and also offer something “different” at the same time.

44 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I think the big draw for me would be the live content. For example with the Like a Virgin set, it would be amazing if they added the Virgin Tour fully remastered on blu ray. I’d love the full uncut show, but if not, the previously released show would be great. It would be nice to add a CD/vinyl of the audio of the tour too. Maybe in some instances they could add a different date of the tour compared to the video element. I’ve read that all of the shows from the Who’s That Girl tour onwards were recorded and kept in storage, so this could be done. For example in the LAP set, she could add Blond Ambition from Nice on blu-ray, but include Blond Ambition from Wembley as the audio CD. It would be a nice touch and also offer something “different” at the same time.

I agree. And no one has to be "dead" for this to happen.  Like mentioned, I've seen many living bands/artists offer some extensive box sets with old concerts included and Live CDs/Vinyls included. Certainly, each artist/band will have those will still complain about whatever is done.  And I have NO expectations for this to happen with Madonna.  But it's nice to DREAM!  LOL!

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

her vault is nothing compared to what Prince had.

how do you know. Steve Bray alone mentioned a whole bunch of unreleased tracks, and he's just one of the hundred people who collaborated as a producer with her. Ain't no big deal for example seems to have 3 productions demos: Kamins, Bray and Lucas....

6 minutes ago, Erotico said:

how do you know. Steve Bray alone mentioned a whole bunch of unreleased tracks, and he's just one of the hundred people who collaborated as a producer with her. Ain't no big deal for example seems to have 3 productions demos: Kamins, Bray and Lucas....

Prince worked on music twenty four seven. He was his own producer and had his own studio in his home, so he produced masses of work. It’s extraordinary how much music he created. I am sure M has created a lot of unreleased music over the years, but Prince is a one off in the volume of unreleased work he had in his vault. 

11 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Prince worked on music twenty four seven. He was his own producer and had his own studio in his home, so he produced masses of work. It’s extraordinary how much music he created. I am sure M has created a lot of unreleased music over the years, but Prince is a one off in the volume of unreleased work he had in his vault. 

Yeah, if the man wasn't touring, he was recording music.  So I definitely would agree that he has loads of unreleased music.  That said, it's his previous released work which got these awesome boxsets that impress me.  So it's not always about the "unreleased" work as well. While it would be nice if Madonna is able to provide some, but I don't expect it.  Still, there isn't any excuse for her to still offer expanded box sets of her biggest albums, that include all the remixes, live content, etc.  Demos and unreleased work would be the cherry on top though. :)

I found with the Prince release most of the unreleased songs weren’t really that great to be honest - most I listen to once so I think they definitely oversold them but I love the idea of having live content bundled in too - that’s what has been so frustrating with this campaign- we still don’t know what the format is going to be - I have a feeling we won’t get the VT on any format as she probably hates it now 🙄 not realising these sets are for the FANS 🙄

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I found with the Prince release most of the unreleased songs weren’t really that great to be honest - most I listen to once so I think they definitely oversold them but I love the idea of having live content bundled in too - that’s what has been so frustrating with this campaign- we still don’t know what the format is going to be - I have a feeling we won’t get the VT on any format as she probably hates it now 🙄 not realising these sets are for the FANS 🙄

Hmmm…I’m not so sure that she wouldn’t add The Virgin Tour because she hates it. She may have thought that way twenty years ago, but I think she has a new appreciation for her past work since working on the biopic and the Celebration Tour. Her live shows, particularly the first three tours, have never been released on newer formats, ie DVD, Blu-Ray and streaming, and they are a part of musical history especially the Blond Ambition Tour, so she and Warner Bros will be well aware that it would be good business sense to get the masters of these shows out of the archives, remastered to the best ability and out there for the masses to enjoy again, and for a new generation to witness for the first time and see how the blueprint for tours to come was made. 

48 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Hmmm…I’m not so sure that she wouldn’t add The Virgin Tour because she hates it. She may have thought that way twenty years ago, but I think she has a new appreciation for her past work since working on the biopic and the Celebration Tour. Her live shows, particularly the first three tours, have never been released on newer formats, ie DVD, Blu-Ray and streaming, and they are a part of musical history especially the Blond Ambition Tour, so she and Warner Bros will be well aware that it would be good business sense to get the masters of these shows out of the archives, remastered to the best ability and out there for the masses to enjoy again, and for a new generation to witness for the first time and see how the blueprint for tours to come was made. 

I'd love to have live material either audio or video added. 

3 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Well, Ciao Italia was reissued on DVD some 20 years ago, but I do agree that all her concerts would benefit greatly from a remaster and reissue on BluRay and streaming.

I'm hoping for concert BluRays in the super deluxe editions of the coming reissues. :)

14 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well, Ciao Italia was reissued on DVD some 20 years ago, but I do agree that all her concerts would benefit greatly from a remaster and reissue on BluRay and streaming.

I'm hoping for concert BluRays in the super deluxe editions of the coming reissues. :)

I think we can expect live elements to the reissues. Her live shows are as important as her music. It would be silly not to include them. 

Let's not forget that she randomly uploaded Express Yourself and Deeper And Deeper from The Girlie Show in YT recently so they're clearly at least looking into her live shows. 

Imagine a super deluxe edition of LAV:

Remastered album

Deleted/demo tracks 

The Virgin Tour live audio 

The Virgin Tour remastered Blu-ray 

All housed in a beautiful box full of photos including outtakes with the packing held together by a Boy Toy belt. Ahhh a gay can dream 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Let's not forget that she randomly uploaded Express Yourself and Deeper And Deeper from The Girlie Show in YT recently so they're clearly at least looking into her live shows. 

Imagine a super deluxe edition of LAV:

Remastered album

Deleted/demo tracks 

The Virgin Tour live audio 

The Virgin Tour remastered Blu-ray 

All housed in a beautiful box full of photos including outtakes with the packing held together by a Boy Toy belt. Ahhh a gay can dream 

Yes! How amazing would that be! 🥰

3 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Also they could include her Live Aid performance as a bonus, especially if the cut VT songs are lost (which they likely are).

Her Live Aid performance would certainly be counted as Like a Virgin era, so yes, a remastered copy of her performance would be an excellent addition! 

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Her Live Aid performance would certainly be counted as Like a Virgin era, so yes, a remastered copy of her performance would be an excellent addition! 

It shouldn't be hard to do this being it's already been upgraded to HD on the full LIVE AID DVD release.  The only issue that could prevent this from happening is that her performances may be legally restricted to the LIVE AID release only.  But I guess if someone can prove some other artist from the event was able to include in their personal release collections that could debunk that "right".   Unless each artists have different restrictions or specific legal agreements to the Live Aid event?