MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

Who said anything about anniversaries? That's just something people dreamed up.

Clearly, the first album wasn't ready for release last summer. ITG just said in my link that she's been working on the expanded reissues THIS summer. And like so many here have said, I too think that they're delayed because of Madonna's illness last summer.

I don't think these pointless "Silver Editions" have anything to do with the expanded reissues, more than to milk more money out of collectors who "needs" every single color under heaven in this endless stream of vinyl reissues.

The remix edition of American Life was released on RSD two years ago. TEN days later the pre-orders for FEL dropped out of nowhere. So I keep the faith. :)

All of the releases so far have mentioned anniversaries!

WTG Super Club mix RSD, was to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Who’s That Girl and Causing a Commotion. 

Erotica picture disc was to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Erotica. 

Everybody RSD 12” was to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Everybody. 

American Life mix show was to celebrate the 20th anniversary of American Life. 

Finally Enough Love was to celebrate her 50 number ones. 

Her digital singles have been all been released on their respective anniversaries.

So for you to ask who mentioned anniversaries, Madonna, Rhino and Warner did and have. That’s what the whole deal is about! Her 40th anniversary! 

And just to preface the rest of your comment about her illness etc..this is a post that @Prayerposted a few pages back that sums up that situation perfectly.

“I don't think that's the case. The anniversary was July 2023, if anything was planned it would have been announced and ready to go with pre-orders at least two months previous to that. Even if it was planned for later, it would have come in the Fall, vinyl pressings take months in advance and they're not wasted, justdelayed (that's what actually happened with the "Madame X Tour" triple vinyl, they just delayed it for some weeks).

There was nothing coming for "Madonna 40", simple as that.”

Again, I’m not trying to be negative, I’m just being realistic. Plans for these sets have clearly changed. If they were going to release these sets, in my opinion, we would have had at least one by now. It’s been three years since the press release. Why bother putting out a silver vinyl of Like a Prayer for its 35th anniversary when they could release a super deluxe set with a brand new remaster and make a hell of a lot more money and please the fans at the same time.

In my opinion, the focus has now shifted to getting the maxi singles on streaming/digital. Even those have now lapsed in quality control in terms of promo mixes and the correct remixes being added, but that’s another story. Rant over. Phew! Much love ❤️

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

WTG Super Club mix RSD, was to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Who’s That Girl and Causing a Commotion. 

Her digital singles have been all been released on their respective anniversaries.

So for you to ask who mentioned anniversaries, Madonna, Rhino and Warner did and have. That’s what the whole deal is about! Her 40th anniversary! 

And just to preface the rest of your comment about her illness etc..this is a post that @Prayerposted a few pages back that sums up that situation perfectly.

“I don't think that's the case. The anniversary was July 2023, if anything was planned it would have been announced and ready to go with pre-orders at least two months previous to that. Even if it was planned for later, it would have come in the Fall, vinyl pressings take months in advance and they're not wasted, justdelayed (that's what actually happened with the "Madame X Tour" triple vinyl, they just delayed it for some weeks).

Again, I’m not trying to be negative, I’m just being realistic. Plans for these sets have clearly changed. If they were going to release these sets, in my opinion, we would have had at least one by now. It’s been three years since the press release. Why bother putting out a silver vinyl of Like a Prayer for its 35th anniversary when they could release a super deluxe set with a brand new remaster and make a hell of a lot more money and please the fans at the same time.

In my opinion, the focus has now shifted to getting the maxi singles on streaming/digital. Even those have now lapsed in quality control in terms of promo mixes and the correct remixes being added, but that’s another story. Rant over. Phew! Much love ❤️

I think our last chance is having something announced on her birthday this year, for a Fall release. "Like A Virgin 40" would make perfect sense.

But I kinda gave up last year when they did nothing for "Madonna 40", so whatever comes - if it comes - it'll be OK.

I will not stop bitching until the first PROPER reissue is announced and up for pre order. It's been 3 years and we're sick of these delays and lame ass coloured vinyl cash grabs. 

The way Rhino labels this "to celebrate the 35th anniversary" just goes to show they're putting in minimal effort and trying to cash in on this quiet anniversary. 

Lol ya'll bought the ugly celebration merch and that ugly rio poster and bought that beyond ugly finally enough aldo creation for hundreds of dollars TWICE! not to mention those pointless album sleeves. They know they can feed the fans shit because ya'll keep buying shit! Just don't be surprised if when the reissues finally do come they'll be an Aldo design. And how many of you bought the silver True Blue vinyl? 

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I will not stop bitching until the first PROPER reissue is announced and up for pre order. It's been 3 years and we're sick of these delays and lame ass coloured vinyl cash grabs. 

The way Rhino labels this "to celebrate the 35th anniversary" just goes to show they're putting in minimal effort and trying to cash in on this quiet anniversary. 

You know what I find most frustrating about it, M has never reissued her work properly. We’ve never had a boxset that contains an album, remixes, b sides and a remastered DVD/Blu-ray of the tour. It’s a crime that the Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition have never been reissued with a brand spanking new remaster. To say she’s the Queen of Pop and has had so many groundbreaking albums and live shows, her and her team seem to have zero interest in celebrating them. It baffles me. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

I agree. They're all missing opportunities. Will get them some bucks here and there, but the big money is in the box sets.

EDIT:

Rhino's new IG post about "LAP" silver is full of negative comments and honestly I don't blame people for that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9xN8qipSzt/

We're tired of waiting. Time to wake up.

I see, they deserve it… hopefully it will flop… 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol ya'll bought the ugly celebration merch and that ugly rio poster and bought that beyond ugly finally enough aldo creation for hundreds of dollars TWICE! not to mention those pointless album sleeves. They know they can feed the fans shit because ya'll keep buying shit! Just don't be surprised if when the reissues finally do come they'll be an Aldo design. And how many of you bought the silver True Blue vinyl? 

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful what you wish for, if a simple silver vinyl of Like a Prayer flops, then that would be a sign for Rhino that they shouldn't release something bigger, like deluxe editions.

But at the same time, they can't keep giving crumbs forever.

It's time for the main curse.

16 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Love your post.  The only push back I'm going for is, what I put in bold.  I don't think that was a "shiift".  I think that was part of the plan all along. If any shift has been made is to these "Silver Vinyl" re-issues from the "expanded re-issues".  The difference though is, "Silver Vinyl" is only servicing collectors or those of us who might be adding to our vinyl collection just for fun.  I don't mind the Silver Vinyl release, but I'm just bothered that it seems to be the substitution of what could have been. Not only that, it's just one format that doesn't necessarily appeal to all fans.  Some people don't care about vinyls or the multiple colors.  That I can understnad.  On the other hand, I am not going to call it ridiculous because we all know Vinyls (colored ones specifically) have been seeing a huge resurgence. In fact, they may make more money from this because we all know that anything bigger would cost an unbelievable amount of money that some fans can't afford. Still, I think many fans are looking for more updated options especially on the physical formats. We are wanting more than just what is already out there.  Sure, a colored vinyl is a nice item for some collectors, and even those of us complaining will still snatch it up, but it's not equally appealing to something that might be more expansive and include something more and different than just the standard content of the tracks that the Silver Vinyl is offering.

As for the digital/streaming adds, I'm thinking their main goal is to make available what was commercially released physically.  I think the timing is deliberate to keep that format continually updating, rather just throw everything out there at once. I'm not bothered by what some are saying "a slow pace" because I know eventually the main commercial releases will eventually come.  I think the few times they threw out some extra mixes/edits, etc. weren't something they planned to do for every digital/streaming release. Yes, the strategy is a bit wild, but that format is shaping up quite nicely, just from a casual or non-fan perspective.  Most of us hard core fans will nit pick and find all the errors, but it's still great to see that her digital/streaming catalog getting updated, even if it's at a snail's pace.  :)

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful what you wish for, if a simple silver vinyl of Like a Prayer flops, then that would be a sign for Rhino that they shouldn't release something bigger, like deluxe editions.

Noooo, it means WE want something exclusive… something exciting. 💥

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But at the same time, they can't keep giving crumbs forever.

It's time for the main curse.

I also want well-made expanded editions (preferably without unnecessary things), but I've heard this many times before: 'We are not releasing this because when we released something else before, it didn't do well'

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Very good point.  But I don't think it will necessarily "flop". Like with all artists, they throw these smaller collectable items out all the time. No doubt a money grabber.  I don't see the big deal and why some have to get so upset on them offering it.  If one is not interested, then don't buy it. No need to berate others who do choose to buy it.  We who do, don't look at this as a substitute to what they could be giving us. :)

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This is not far from truth.

18 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Your point of view is logical. But I feel being tested by them. It's like poking a hornets nest now.

12 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

This is not far from truth.

Of course it's the truth. Some members think I'm annoying or rude but I'm not a liar and unfortunately music is a business and all about money!

@Aiwa08is absolutely right. If this flops it will definitely be read as a sign that interest is waning. 

And might I add b*tching and whining for stupid things not only annoys them but also displays fans are happy with stupid things! They're probably under the impression they can reprint Live to Tell with a 7" edit and that would shut us up and us off their backs! I can't imagine being a rhino employee checking comments reading iTs LiVe To TeLLs AnNiVeRsArY wE wAnT tHe 7" EdIT.

i dont put the blame of this on Rhino - this is clearly M's decision to not release anything special or new ... i was wondering if thats why LAP (song) was not going to be included on the soundtrack album of Deadpool - maybe its to wet the appetite for the expanded LAP release ? ... of course im clutching at straws and its wishful thinking but im glad people are finally saying enough with this now.... in the other thread people were bitching about the ITG edit or DYU not being on streaming ??? makes me laugh so much ....

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Of course it's the truth. Some members think I'm annoying or rude but I'm not a liar and unfortunately music is a business and all about money!

@Aiwa08is absolutely right. If this flops it will definitely be read as a sign that interest is waning. 

And if that ends up being their observation, they only have themselves to blame. They should have kicked these reissues off properly when she started the Celebration Tour in October 2023. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It will be their loss not ours. They're big corporation that needs money, we have our music on physical formats already. :fingerclick:

Just now, Cyberraga said:

It will be their loss not ours. They're big corporation that needs money, we have our music on physical formats already. :fingerclick:

oh don't start! If that's the case, then lets all stop b*tching and just plug in our stereos from 20 years ago 🙄

3 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

And if that ends up being their observation, they only have themselves to blame. They should have kicked these reissues off properly when she started the Celebration Tour in October 2023. 

Absolutely not. It won't be any skin off their back. They're here to make money, not lose money and they wont suffer a loss if they don't do any reissues.

3 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Not bad idea.

Pff this is 2024 not 1994. If you want to go through all the trouble have it. I'm just glad i dont want to dig through all my shit to listen to a random remix i felt like listening to and then praying the CD player works.