MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 8/9/2024 at 4:40 PM, Prayer said:

From Discogs:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

"Some rare edits on this. Borderline is a special edit of the US remix, Open Your Heart is an edit of the extended remix, Angel is an edit of the 12" dance mix, La Isla Bonita is the original Remix edit found on the UK 7", True Blue is the exclusive UK 7" remix edit, Holiday the original 7" edit and Live To Tell the edit."

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Is this edit of Borderline the version we now hear on Celebration? Or a completely different edit.

On 7/2/2024 at 11:29 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

True but she literally dropped off of the charts post Celebration. It still would have happened with Warner eventually but not over night. 
Oh well it’s bygones at this post. Like so many things. 

I definitely agree with this. Warner knew what they were doing even if they weren't perfect.

Coupled with the fact that the Interscope albums weren't as strong, bad management of the releases and the albums made for a rough fourth decade.

24 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Is this edit of Borderline the version we now hear on Celebration? Or a completely different edit.

I think it's just an edit of the Extended remix, but not the "Celebration" version, which is an alternate Q-Sound edit.

Anyone else can confirm, please?

1 hour ago, BoyToyMark said:

I definitely agree with this. Warner knew what they were doing even if they weren't perfect.

Coupled with the fact that the Interscope albums weren't as strong, bad management of the releases and the albums made for a rough fourth decade.

I honestly believe it wouldn't have been much difference.  Warner was already dropping the ball with her, so I guess it's best she separated for the time from them.  I do think Rebel Heart could have been a bigger album if there was a record company helping in pushing it.  I do agree Interscope did nothing to help promote her last three albums.  Then again, they were just the distributor and it was up to Madonna's management, her team and her to promote.  I feel like there was a lot of promotion behind Rebel Heart. When she fell, I felt like the public was just wanting to make fun of her then celebrate her at the time.

What is going on with the LAP reissue confusion? Is the silver vinyl reissue being confused with an expanded edition because of the Deadpool licencing. It would be incredibly odd to release the vinyl in Sept and announce a reissue at the same time

5 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

What is going on with the LAP reissue confusion? Is the silver vinyl reissue being confused with an expanded edition because of the Deadpool licencing. It would be incredibly odd to release the vinyl in Sept and announce a reissue at the same time

There's no word of a "expanded edition" re-issue.  The only things we are aware of is the Silver Vinyl Re-issue which is already available for pre-order. 

My guess, if there is a expanded re-issue on the horizon it may relate to LAV's 40th Anniversary coming up in a few months.  But we'll have to see?  So far nothing is known.  :)

22 minutes ago, Adonna said:

There's no word of a "expanded edition" re-issue.  The only things we are aware of is the Silver Vinyl Re-issue which is already available for pre-order. 

My guess, if there is a expanded re-issue on the horizon it may relate to LAV's 40th Anniversary coming up in a few months.  But we'll have to see?  So far nothing is known.  :)

There is misunderstanding that LAP was not licensed on the Deadpool soundtrack because Madonna is releasing her own LAP reissue...some are confusing it for the expanded edition, its slowly spreading

image.png.8c024209606b3da26ff9142a5aa3f12b.png

41 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

There is misunderstanding that LAP was not licensed on the Deadpool soundtrack because Madonna is releasing her own LAP reissue...some are confusing it for the expanded edition, its slowly spreading

image.png.8c024209606b3da26ff9142a5aa3f12b.png

Yeah, but who is the source behind that article?  I think whoever wrote that is just confusing the Silver edition release with just what is known that Madonna just doesn't license that song out.  Also,  I don't see it as a mistake, because the song is getting major attention based on the fact people are hearing in the trailer and film.  Not only that, they just released an EP with the song and score version which is burning up the digital and streaming charts.  Seems like things are going quite well with that song and introducing it to new generations. As many profess here, streaming and digital is pretty much how most people consume music and the song is quite easy to find on both platforms and has been since the song has been getting recognition since the debut in the trailer of the film.

14 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, but who is the source behind that article?  I think whoever wrote that is just confusing the Silver edition release with just what is known that Madonna just doesn't license that song out.  Also,  I don't see it as a mistake, because the song is getting major attention based on the fact people are hearing in the trailer and film.  No only that they just released an EP with the song and score version which is burning up the digital and streaming charts.  Seems like things are going quite well with that song and introducing it to new generations. As many profess here, streaming and digital is pretty much how most people consume music and the song is quite easy to find on both platforms and has been since the song has been getting recognition since the debut in the trailer of the film.

Yes that's what l was proposing in my post, it seems to be being confused.

I agree the licensing has any relevance in the streaming world, just add to the playlist.

35 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I can't see them releasing a LAP silver vinyl and then an expanded deluxe edition a few months from now 

While I'm sure they aren't, but it's not actually impossible.  Many artists are re-issuing/releasing multiple related projects or re-issues of various albums, very close together anymore. 

I mean she pushed the silver vinyl in her insta post about the premiere so I’d wager that’s likely all there is for now.

Not that I agree w/it but I can see her sorta old school sales driven business mind thinking let’s leave it off the soundtrack to try to encourage people to buy my record.

I also recall someone posting a reddit screenshot in the last week or two about how she held off the movie versions too presumably to be on a deluxe thing and we got the movie digital ep this weekend instead. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll be absolutely fascinated to see how Madonna and Warner handle Madonna’s next studio album. The landscape and release methods have changed so hugely since 2019. I wish we’d had the Madame X sort of campaign for Rebel Heart (but better). If she goes what Taylor Bey and Ariana Dua have done. 1/2/3 singles max and abandon project I’ll cry 

4 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I also recall someone posting a reddit screenshot in the last week or two about how she held off the movie versions too presumably to be on a deluxe thing and we got the movie digital ep this weekend instead. 🤷‍♂️

Deluxe versions of a movie soundtrack are usually released long after the film comes out. The standard edition must sell and run out first (obviously, practices can vary depending on multiple commercial and creative factors).

7 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I mean she pushed the silver vinyl in her insta post about the premiere so I’d wager that’s likely all there is for now.

Not that I agree w/it but I can see her sorta old school sales driven business mind thinking let’s leave it off the soundtrack to try to encourage people to buy my record.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Deluxe versions of a movie soundtrack are usually released long after the film comes out. The standard edition must sell and run out first (obviously, practices can vary depending on multiple commercial and creative factors).

I read this too somewhere. 

*SPECULATION* She's alledegly saving Like A Prayer for a 35th anniversary edition later this fall. 
Who knows? Maybe it's true. 

22 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I read this too somewhere. 

*SPECULATION* She's alledegly saving Like A Prayer for a 35th anniversary edition later this fall. 
Who knows? Maybe it's true. 

Yes this. I should’ve been more clear. It suggested she held them to be included on an expanded LAP deluxe. I added that since, along w/her pushing the silver vinyl, it just seems less likely to me. Maybe we’ll all be surprised though.

4 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yes this. I should’ve been more clear. It suggested she held them to be included on an expanded LAP deluxe. I added that since, along w/her pushing the silver vinyl, it just seems less likely to me. Maybe we’ll all be surprised though.

InsideTheGroove at Twitter hinted at some nice surprise on Madonna's birthday this Friday. ;)

I’m only interested in LAP expanded if she includes all the demos Bray talked about and to finally give us some incarnation of the blond ambition tour in FULL - I think we’ve waited long enough for that haven’t we ? She has half a dozen full pro shot shows to play with ? I don’t think Paris exists but would love to be proved wrong - this release would really kick off the campaign in style imo and the album itself needs a bit of beef in the mastering department too but not Mike Dean boosting 🥱😢😉

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

and to finally give us some incarnation of the blond ambition tour in FULL - I think we’ve waited long enough for that haven’t we ?

I'm sorry, but that's not what I want. I'm looking for anything from the Blonde Ambition Tour, including at least the three official concerts (Barcelona, Nice, Yokohama), demos for the tour, rehearsals, etc. , all in its own deluxe edition, not included in the Like a Prayer Deluxe Album.