MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 8/11/2024 at 10:17 AM, Prayer said:

I think it's just an edit of the Extended remix, but not the "Celebration" version, which is an alternate Q-Sound edit.

Anyone else can confirm, please?

If this is indeed a rip of the It's That Girl version, it sounds a lot like an edit of the album version, not the remix.  There are no echoes ("Borderline - borderline", "Lose my mind - mind") anywhere in the song and there is no cowbell.  I don't have the cassette to confirm.

EDIT: This is apparently mislabeled on YouTube and isn't the It's That Girl version.  But does anyone know where this "Edit" version comes from without the echoes, cowbell, and hi-hat?

Edited by luckypierre78
Mislabeled YouTube video (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

If this is indeed a rip of the It's That Girl version, it sounds a lot like an edit of the album version, not the remix.  There are no echoes ("Borderline - borderline", "Lose my mind - mind") anywhere in the song and there is no cowbell.  I don't have the cassette to confirm.

This is my preferred version of Borderline. All the early 80s synth vibes of the album without the annoying hi-hats throughout, and without all the cowbells + reverb vocals of the remix. I believe it's the same as the mix used in the music video.

And yet it's not available on streaming services. Sigh.

Just now, Bjonkers said:

This is my preferred version of Borderline. All the early 80s synth vibes of the album without the annoying hi-hats throughout, and without all the cowbells + reverb vocals of the remix. I believe it's the same as the mix used in the music video.

And yet it's not available on streaming services. Sigh.

It’s not. 😅

The version from It's That Girl is an edit of the U.S./Extended Dance Mix. The video version is the one called "Edit", even though it’s a new remix and not just an edit of the LP version (as you pointed out correctly). The latter has appeared on the majority of the 7" singles and is indeed the version used in the video. 🫶🏻

It was supposed to appear on the digital single release but some intern messed up and added the Celebration version instead of the 7" version. They noticed the mistake and removed all the remix labels, but still haven’t figured out a way to fix it unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

The real It's that girl version is this: https://mega.nz/file/w5MH1KRb#QMKOvBYrQth-THwRlJarhjM7olgTR1gWkS-juvflAzg

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

The album version has that irrepressible high hat running through the whole thing which is hella distracting once pointed out. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The album version has that irrepressible high hat running through the whole thing which is hella distracting once pointed out. 

Ahhhh yes I forgot about that.  Apologies!  Been a while since I listened.  But then where does that edit come from that doesn't have the cowbell/echoes/and the hi-hat?  Anyone know?

44 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Ahhhh yes I forgot about that.  Apologies!  Been a while since I listened.  But then where does that edit come from that doesn't have the cowbell/echoes/and the hi-hat?  Anyone know?

I think it's the same version available in the 40 Japanese CD-Single collection. I'm not sure right now.

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

Mi01MjkxLmpwZWc.jpeg

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

It was supposed to appear on the digital single release but some intern messed up and added the Celebration version instead of the 7" version. They noticed the mistake and removed all the remix labels, but still haven’t figured out a way to fix it unfortunately.

Oh ffs. These are the hands that her spotify presence is in. And we wonder why so many things aren’t merged properly, released at the wrong time, not categorized correctly, etc. There is no hope for anything to be done properly. 😭

What I want to see from Madonna in terms of the Warner deal are limited edition Ultimate Fan Edition Box Sets for each and every album.

Containing:

- The album on an aesthetically appropriate colored vinyl housed in a gatefold sleeve [using whatever company Kylie Minogue is using for her vinyl reissues because those jackets are STURDY AS FUCK; top physical quality]

- The album on CD featuring bonus disc of demos

- Tour film [if applicable] housed in SteelBook packaging in 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray w/ digital dl code

- Themed USB drive containing gigs of video content, i.e.: music videos, TV performances, interviews, promo footage, and ideally NEW footage of Madonna being interviewed about the album or giving track-by-track commentary :worship:

- Robust booklet with photos and information about the era

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These box sets will serve as the optimum capsules of Madonna's legacy for when the aliens invade Earth and destroy all human culture. They can find these boxes and receive a comprehensive chronicling of her brilliant work :heart:

If you have anything negative to say, I don't want to hear it :hearno:

10 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

What I want to see from Madonna in terms of the Warner deal are limited edition Ultimate Fan Edition Box Sets for each and every album.

Containing:

- The album on an aesthetically appropriate colored vinyl housed in a gatefold sleeve [using whatever company Kylie Minogue is using for her vinyl reissues because those jackets are STURDY AS FUCK; top physical quality]

- The album on CD featuring bonus disc of demos

- Tour film [if applicable] housed in SteelBook packaging in 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray w/ digital dl code

- Themed USB drive containing gigs of video content, i.e.: music videos, TV performances, interviews, promo footage, and ideally NEW footage of Madonna being interviewed about the album or giving track-by-track commentary :worship:

- Robust booklet with photos and information about the era

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These box sets will serve as the optimum capsules of Madonna's legacy for when the aliens invade Earth and destroy all human culture. They can find these boxes and receive a comprehensive chronicling of her brilliant work :heart:

If you have anything negative to say, I don't want to hear it :hearno:

You know that's too much of a good idea! We'll just get a flimsy sleeve done by Aldo with VHS rip of the first few tours!

Why doesn’t she have fans working on this stuff - that’s always baffled me seeing as we are the ones who will be buying this ? Or at least consult with us about what kind of stuff they should be thinking of - clearly her team aren’t fans considering the pathetic stuff we’ve had so far ? Still no celebration tour book too ? 😂🥱😜

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why doesn’t she have fans working on this stuff - that’s always baffled me seeing as we are the ones who will be buying this ? Or at least consult with us about what kind of stuff they should be thinking of - clearly her team aren’t fans considering the pathetic stuff we’ve had so far ? Still no celebration tour book too ? 😂🥱😜

Well take it with a grain of salt but there's this film podcast/youtube channel and they discussed Diablo Cody/the biopic when she first left the project. They were pretty catty but started talking about Diablo's experience (apparently the hosts are good friends with Diablo) and mentioned how happy Diablo was but then how she was horrified because Madonna's team really hasnt a clue and felt they had to explain her Madonna was and not even in a good way and put emphasis on how she used to be the wife of sean penn. They kinda implied Diablo had alot of sympathy and was horrified how her team was/is. I've also heard that all the gays around her tell her she looks so great etc then will laugh about her behind her back. Of course this is all hearsay but I believe it.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Well take it with a grain of salt but there's this film podcast/youtube channel and they discussed Diablo Cody/the biopic when she first left the project. They were pretty catty but started talking about Diablo's experience (apparently the hosts are good friends with Diablo) and mentioned how happy Diablo was but then how she was horrified because Madonna's team really hasnt a clue and felt they had to explain her Madonna was and not even in a good way and put emphasis on how she used to be the wife of sean penn. They kinda implied Diablo had alot of sympathy and was horrified how her team was/is. I've also heard that all the gays around her tell her she looks so great etc then will laugh about her behind her back. Of course this is all hearsay but I believe it.

Do you have a link to this interview/podcast?

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Diablo herself wasnt interviewed, it was just two guys who do vids/podcasts on films etc and were being catty about the biopic...i know i posted it here when i first came across it so I'll look for it :)

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

These two guys are very obnoxious fyi...there's stuff sprinkled throughout the whole video but I guess i misremembered, apparently it was the studio who really were pretty shady.

Clip im referring to starts at 11:14

https://youtu.be/v10p55ptQQM?si=tFZN5CKW1hZUAYCj

11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m still in a shock about the fact that we didn’t get a TOUR BOOK for her 40 YEARS CELEBRATION TOUR… I mean WHY? 😞💀

44 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Listen to her appearance on the podcast Keep It. She has nothing but nice things to say about her experience. 

Yup. Even in the the video i posted above they don't mention anything negative diablo said about Madonna just the actual studio. I think people just WANT madonna to flop so badly with this film and Rosie saying stuff on WWHL didnt help.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

These two guys are very obnoxious fyi...there's stuff sprinkled throughout the whole video but I guess i misremembered, apparently it was the studio who really were pretty shady.

Clip im referring to starts at 11:14

https://youtu.be/v10p55ptQQM?si=tFZN5CKW1hZUAYCj

Anyone who references a toxic, attention-seeking, gossip-for-clicks shitshow like this as a source of factual information is high on meth. Garbage like this is worms to the brain. How did you even make it to 11 minutes without having an aneurysm???

3 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Anyone who references a toxic, attention-seeking, gossip-for-clicks shitshow like this as a source of factual information is high on meth. Garbage like this is worms to the brain. How did you even make it to 11 minutes without having an aneurysm???

...are you saying I'm on drugs? I'm not but yo sis, take a chill pill. Maybe make a complaint about edits again.