On 7/23/2024 at 8:37 PM, Prayer said:

All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 356M

14. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 104M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Remix Version): 110M

18. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 82M

I mean come on, just fix it already far out hahahahha

7 hours ago, Andreo said:

Idk im not expecting any kind of boost for some reason. 

I’m trying to be sensible and not get my hopes up too high too. That said, the Celebration version’s numbers have been noticeably, consistently up a bit ever since the trailer dropped. Even the Immaculate mix has been a bit higher than usual. So who knows. 🤷‍♂️🤞 

24 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Well if Kate Bush can do phenomenally with a song from a Netflix show, I can't see why Like A Prayer from a major film can't do well either.

Well that song was integrated in nearly every episode of that show.  It essentially became a character to the show.  

I would love LAP to get a nice boost, but I'm not expecting anything "phenomenal" from it.  The fact it really didn't do a lot when the trailer first came out tells me, this will pass with a nice nod to the song, some decent plays and maybe sell a few more copies of the song, but I can't see it charting on anything significant.  I love to be wrong though.  After all, there seems to be a great push for this to be the main conversation of the film, nearly in every interview the actors are doing.  And it's no coincidence Madonna showed up for a photo op moment at the premier of the film.  To me, there seems to be a purposeful push to get this song on the minds of the general public again.  This movie is a perfect platform for that, but will it be the real moment that will stick in people's minds when leaving the theater?  For Madonna fans, yes, but I doubt other people will think anymore than, "oh yeah, I remember that song". 

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

Well if Kate Bush can do phenomenally with a song from a Netflix show, I can't see why Like A Prayer from a major film can't do well either.

Me too, though one major difference is that Running Up That Hill was nowhere near as big or well known as Like A Prayer to begin with. At least outside the UK. In the states it was a mid 80s cult hit at best. So really it was like a whole new song to a great deal of people.

LAP was a giant hit and is still pretty well known to most of the population. We’ll see what happens tho. 🤞🤞

25 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Update for Thursday. Not bad! Celebration version has been averaging 200-250k. TIC 8-12k.

IMG_2093.thumb.jpeg.2f9811d074914eee3662b262a66d8f0a.jpeg

Huge! :drama:

Funny how not even the chance of getting popular again because of being featured in a blockbuster movie will motivate her team to merge all the versions :eyesroll:

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Huge! :drama:

Funny how not even the chance of getting popular again because of being featured in a blockbuster movie will motivate her team to merge all the versions :eyesroll:

Or upscale de YouTube video.

The took the 31M fee and RAN.

I'm quite low lately about this, TBH. The lack of care in important details like maximizing an opportunity like this is... surprising.

But hey, we got a T-Shirt!

I dunno if it's just me, but I feel Madonna's team don't give a fuck. It's always the bare minimum, if that. This would be a perfect time to upgrade the video in proper 4k, re-release Like A Prayer with some new remixes and have it show up as latest on her Spotify. But, no, a boring silver vinyl of the album.

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

Or upscale de YouTube video.

The took the 31M fee and RAN.

I'm quite low lately about this, TBH. The lack of care in important details like maximizing an opportunity like this is... surprising.

But hey, we got a T-Shirt!

Also, and I’ve pointed this out in a couple other threads, but in the silver vinyl desc they say LAP (song) is “recently certified double platinum”. But they didn’t even actually do the certification. Check her riaa stats. They’re so messy.

Where does the blame lie for this stuff? We speculate it’s her team/label, but maybe the onus for some of it needs to come from her. And it just doesn’t. Maybe she just doesn’t care about the little details so many of us fans (and plenty other artists) do. Mariah recertifies every time she sneezes. Madonna does it once a century. She probably hasn’t looked at her spotify page or youtube videos ever.

49 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Also, and I’ve pointed this out in a couple other threads, but in the silver vinyl desc they say LAP (song) is “recently certified double platinum”. But they didn’t even actually do the certification. Check her riaa stats. They’re so messy.

Where does the blame lie for this stuff? We speculate it’s her team/label, but maybe the onus for some of it needs to come from her. And it just doesn’t. Maybe she just doesn’t care about the little details so many of us fans (and plenty other artists) do. Mariah recertifies every time she sneezes. Madonna does it once a century. She probably hasn’t looked at her spotify page or youtube videos ever.

We can only speculate, of course. Fans always think they know better but it's not always the case. There could be different things going on behind the scenes. But I think it's a combination of two things:

- Her having to approve literally everything, from the odd video upscale to the next digital single. Things have slowed down A LOT since the health scare and the tour, she's been busy lately to check/green light a 30 years old digital single only hardcore fans will care about. Of course that's not a priority to her.

- She's an old school artist with an old school team. They're not quick enough when opportunities appear: trends like the "Frozen" remix took them months to catch up, also with "Back It Up To The Beat". Now with "D&W" everything should have been ready to capitalize on it since the previous week of the premiere. At best, they will only do something if the song trends by itself. You can't wait for things to happen, you need to help things happening. Honestly, I Gen Z kid checking the 480p video on YouTube after seeing the movie will only think "ugh this looks old", cause it does, and never come back to it. A fresh Full HD remaster could have different results.

She could definitely benefit from having a younger fresh team around her, maybe not replacing the current one, but adding one or two younger people to help with these matters.

I love her and want only the best for her, of course. And I don't think everything they've done lately is messy, I liked "Finally Enough Love", the digital singles campaign was going good until last year. Also, I like the fact the didn't update her whole videography with crap upscales and actually care that they are as good as possible. When they don't meet a certain standard (like "The Power Of Good-Bye"), they won't even promote them.

But there's no reason to be SO painfully slow and not taking advantage on streaming of great opportunities like the Rio big tour finale, now the movie, etc. etc. Millions of artists would kill for those opportunities, and she's just like "OK" when she gets the money. I don't get it. There's so much more they could do.

- All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

01. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 871M

02. Material Girl ("Celebration"/Digital Single Version): 456M

03. Hung Up: 445M

04. La Isla Bonita: 403M

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 361M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration"/Edit Version): 325M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 289M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 238M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 174M

10. Crazy For You: 138M

11. Papa Don't Preach: 136M

12. Into The Groove: 129M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 111M

14. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 104M

15. Bitch I'm Madonna: 101M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 86M

17. Music: 84M

18. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 82M

19. Medellín: 71M

20. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 68M

21. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 66M

22. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 64M

23. Take A Bow: 60M

24. Live To Tell: 60M

25. American Pie: 57M

26. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 55M

27. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 55M

28. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 55M

29. True Blue: 53M

30. Girl Gone Wild: 52M

31. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 52M

32. The Power Of Good-Bye: 52M

33. Give It 2 Me: 49M

34. Faz Gostoso: 47M

35. Jump: 44M

36. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 43M

37. Die Another Day: 43M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 42M

39. Celebration ("Celebration" Album Version): 40M

40. Ghosttown: 39M

41. Give Me All Your Luvin': 38M

42. Back That Up To The Beat (Demo Version): 38M

43. Who's That Girl: 38M

44. Living For Love: 36M

45. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 35M

46. Don't Tell Me (Album Version): 34M

47. Open Your Heart ("Celebration" Version): 34M

48. Lucky Star ("Madonna" Album Version): 33M

49. Beautiful Stranger ("Celebration"/OST Album Version): 27M

50. Get Together: 27M

In regards to the necessary merges... I knew the album/Celebration version of Like A Prayer were the same, but just for fun, I played them together at the same time (using Youtube) to see any differences. Other than the album version is slightly faster, it's definitely the same. I had to keep stopping the album version for a split second for the Celebration version to catch up.  But yeah, I see no point in keeping those two versions separate when giving a total tally for the song. If we go by what @Prayerposted earlier, the Like A Prayer would be her top solo song at #2 (behind Popular) if you combined the album and Celebration version. 465 M

Though if you do that, then we would need to be consistent and have both the Celebratiion and Album version of Material Girl to be combined because they are the same as well.  It would then make it #2 behind Popular (as it is now) at 511M, making Like A Prayer #3.

It is amazing LAP is lagging behind Material Girl though. Being it's a universal loved song and a bigger hit than Material Girl, you'd think it would be more played. Though maybe it is, if you combined the other versions of the song?

12 hours ago, Adonna said:

In regards to the necessary merges... I knew the album/Celebration version of Like A Prayer were the same, but just for fun, I played them together at the same time (using Youtube) to see any differences. Other than the album version is slightly faster, it's definitely the same. I had to keep stopping the album version for a split second for the Celebration version to catch up.  But yeah, I see no point in keeping those two versions separate when giving a total tally for the song. If we go by what @Prayerposted earlier, the Like A Prayer would be her top solo song at #2 (behind Popular) if you combined the album and Celebration version. 465 M

Though if you do that, then we would need to be consistent and have both the Celebratiion and Album version of Material Girl to be combined because they are the same as well.  It would then make it #2 behind Popular (as it is now) at 511M, making Like A Prayer #3.

It is amazing LAP is lagging behind Material Girl though. Being it's a universal loved song and a bigger hit than Material Girl, you'd think it would be more played. Though maybe it is, if you combined the other versions of the song?

Didn't Material Girl get an enormous boost from Stranger Things, which is why it's her biggest streaming song?

1 minute ago, Debord said:

Didn't Material Girl get an enormous boost from Stranger Things, which is why it's her biggest streaming song?

From "Stranger Things" and also from a little TikTok trend that lasted for a few weeks:

Both things boosted the song.