Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Interesting development. I wonder if it's just going to be for this song only, as we're entering a period where she will want the albums the songs were originally on highlighted rather than the collections they appeared on later.

It feels very correct to see Like A Prayer up there as her most streamed though even if it's just a technicality. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Interesting development. I wonder if it's just going to be for this song only, as we're entering a period where she will want the albums the songs were originally on highlighted rather than the collections they appeared on later.

That's automatic on Spotify's part too, you can't choose which version is highlighted on the Top 10. Usually the version highlighted is the one on the oldest album release (not single) where is included. Since now "LAP" Album Version and "LAP" on "Celebration" are merged, the system picks the Album Version cause is the oldest and it considered it was the first one released.

Another example: "Vogue". "Immaculate" and "Celebration" versions are merged, but the system sees "Immaculate" was the first one released, so it shows that one.

"Material Girl" is weird. The 2024 single is merged with the "Celebration" version and usually Spotify highlights albums, not singles, don't know what's about that one. Guess if someday they're both merged with the "Like A Virgin" album version, as they should, the album version will take place.

So much useless information in my head!

Spotify’s system is so weird to me. The fact that it didn’t automatically link Material Girl a/v w/Celebration when it can link the latter w/the godawful remaster, or Into The Groove Celebration/Angel single is bizarre. Like I get the slight difference in the LAP Celebration remaster that required manual merging, but I don’t hear it in MG. There’s a 1 second length difference, but that’s also there in the two merged ITG versions (unless they were manually merged by request before the Angel upload?).

I suppose we can't chose what her top ten songs on Spotify are but they really should be

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Vogue
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Hung Up
  5. Material Girl
  6. La Isla Bonita
  7. Papa Don't Preach
  8. Into The Groove
  9. Holiday
  10. Frozen

Not even my personal faves but facts are facts. 

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I suppose we can't chose what her top ten songs on Spotify are but they really should be

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Vogue
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Hung Up
  5. Material Girl
  6. La Isla Bonita
  7. Papa Don't Preach
  8. Into The Groove
  9. Holiday
  10. Frozen

Not even my personal faves but facts are facts. 

Well all of them are included on Celebration Standard Version so Rhino doesn't even need to prepare some playlist to accomodate them.

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

Spotify’s system is so weird to me. The fact that it didn’t automatically link Material Girl a/v w/Celebration when it can link the latter w/the godawful remaster, or Into The Groove Celebration/Angel single is bizarre. Like I get the slight difference in the LAP Celebration remaster that required manual merging, but I don’t hear it in MG. There’s a 1 second length difference, but that’s also there in the two merged ITG versions (unless they were manually merged by request before the Angel upload?).

Blame the awful "Celebration" remastering. Apparently left and right channels were swiped on "Material Girl" for "Celebration", and that causes it not to merge automatically probably. WHY IN HELL? Only Warner knows.

Which makes me think if the used the "Celebration" for the 2024 remaster... MESS.

Celebration was cursed from day 1 and stil haunting us after all these years. 
The running order, selection of songs, the poor remastering, the lack of cohesiveness of the chosen versions, botched edits... a nightmare. :Madonna040:

Keep Celebration and Revolver as singles, delete the rest from existence and make a cronological playlist with the single edits/versions instead, I'd say.

9 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

The running order, selection of songs, the poor remastering, the lack of cohesiveness of the chosen versions, botched edits... a nightmare. :Madonna040:

Keep Celebration and Revolver as singles, delete the rest from existence and make a cronological playlist with the single edits/versions instead, I'd say.

You TRULY believe this will help her streaming numbers to get better? Afaik Celebration has been converted itself to her forever most successful album ever on streamings... Not even Immaculate could come close...

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

You TRULY believe this will help her streaming numbers to get better? Afaik Celebration has been converted itself to her forever most successful album ever on streamings... Not even Immaculate could come close...

If they merge the songs with the original album versions (and some single edits it contains) there's  no need  for this compilation to exist and people will keep on playing the songs regardless. :Madonna032:

9 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

If they merge the songs with the original album versions (and some single edits it contains) there's  no need  for this compilation to exist and people will keep on playing the songs regardless. :Madonna032:

But Everybody and Express Yourself aren't unique remixes to Celebration???

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

But Everybody and Express Yourself aren't unique remixes to Celebration???

Yes, and both are terribly bad edited versions.
This version of Express haven't even reached 50M and I'm sure if her people request they can merge it with the 7'' Remix, Remix/Edit, or whatever other version.

The least they could to is tag the songs properly. (Video Mix Edit) or (2009 Edit) and of course (Q-Sound Mix) for the Immaculate versions, but they can't even upload the actual Lucky Star and Borderline versions on it, so...

Ok so, Delebarre, if you are reading this, erase Celebration from streamings and offer a better GH pack preferably offering also Broken and It's So Cool since they got an official release somehow. If you wanna try disturb the lionness to her dolce far niente in mezzo al mare and convince her to include The Beat Is So Crazy solo version on this brand new GH, you will have a free pass to the praised sinners' club as well!!!

- All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

01. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 889M

02. Like A Prayer (Album Version/"Celebration" Version): 474M

03. Material Girl ("Celebration"/Digital Single Version): 461M

04. Hung Up: 449M

05. La Isla Bonita: 408M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration"/Edit Version): 331M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 291M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 240M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 176M

10. Crazy For You: 140M

11. Papa Don't Preach: 137M

12. Into The Groove: 131M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 111M

14. Bitch I'm Madonna: 101M

15. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 87M

16. Music: 84M

17. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 83M

18. Medellín: 72M

19. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 68M

20. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 67M

21. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 64M

22. Live To Tell: 61M

23. Take A Bow: 61M

24. American Pie: 57M

25. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 56M

26. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 55M

27. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 55M

28. True Blue: 53M

29. Girl Gone Wild: 52M

30. The Power Of Good-Bye: 52M

31. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 52M

32. Give It 2 Me: 49M

33. Faz Gostoso: 47M

34. Jump: 45M

35. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 44M

36. Die Another Day: 43M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 42M

38. Celebration ("Celebration" Album Version): 40M

39. Ghosttown: 39M

40. Give Me All Your Luvin': 38M

41. Back That Up To The Beat (Demo Version): 38M

42. Who's That Girl: 38M

43. Living For Love: 36M

44. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 35M

45. Don't Tell Me (Album Version): 34M

46. Open Your Heart ("Celebration" Version): 34M

47. Lucky Star ("Madonna" Album Version): 34M

48. Get Together: 27M

49. Beautiful Stranger ("Celebration"/OST Album Version): 27M

50. Vogue ("I'm Breathless" Album Edit): 27M

On 8/16/2024 at 2:45 PM, DiegoLCL said:

NOOOo! "It's so cool" why delete it?

On 8/16/2024 at 3:25 PM, DiegoLCL said:

Yes, and both are terribly bad edited versions.
This version of Express haven't even reached 50M and I'm sure if her people request they can merge it with the 7'' Remix, Remix/Edit, or whatever other version.

The least they could to is tag the songs properly. (Video Mix Edit) or (2009 Edit) and of course (Q-Sound Mix) for the Immaculate versions, but they can't even upload the actual Lucky Star and Borderline versions on it, so...

There was a Qobuz tag change years ago for the celebration album with all the right tags but it hasn't been updated on the other platforms.

What a shame, maybe asking her team for the tag changes they can put the right ones

6 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Madonna finally has over 8 million followers for the first time ever on Spotify.

To me, that just seems wrong!  It should be so much more!  Then again, you needn't to follow her on Spotify to still enjoy her  and her music on the platform.