The Girlie Show Reunion - Niki, Donna Carlton & Co - MLVC Podcast 25th September

Neil

My friend Stefan, who runs the MLVC Podcast and is the podcast creator, has worked very hard to curate a super special event on Monday Sept 25, 2023.  It will be live at 3PM CDT, but if you are unable to attend the live event, you will be eligible for a private viewing link after the fact.  It will not be made available for free in the regular podcast stream or on YouTube later.

So far, the announced guests include: Luca Tommassini, Carlton Wilborn, Akasia Ruthy, Christopher Childers, Alex Magno, Michael Bearden, Carrie Ann Inaba, M.G. Gong, Jill Nicklaus, Donna DeLory and Niki Harris!  If you're watching live, you will have the ability in the platform to post comments and questions for the crew!

Carrie Ann mentioned the reunion on Live with Kelly and Mark this morning, so you know she is stoked about this opportunity.  

The link for the ticket purchase is HERE : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/girlie-show-30th-anniversary-reunion-tickets-705694530337

They only are only $10 - a small price for the time and effort that it's taken Stefan to pull this together!

Hope some of you will join me.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 21.11.38.png

11 hours ago, PlayPause said:

10$ for a single episode and I bet they're not even paying the rights to the music. It's a scam.

It's absolutely not a scam. I know the team and there are costs involved from Zoom and EventBrite and I'm told any remaining funds are planned to be donated to charity. All participants from the tour are donating their time to celebrate the anniversary and of course it's taken months for it to be organised by the podcast team. 

Based on your attitude and unfounded, unsolicited allegations that it's a 'scam',  I'm personally very happy you won't get to enjoy this 30th anniversary celebration.

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

that don't add to 10$ per listener by far

this should be made clear then

Why? 

if he wants to charge a $10 or $1000 or a $10000000 and there is a market for it good for him. 

He doesn’t have to make anything clear are you from a non existent communist country?

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

that don't add to 10$ per listener by far

this should be made clear then

I don't have visibility of the costings and I'm pretty sure they have said on social media re charity too 

It's also not a scam as you said - if you don't want to pay, you don't attend, it's pretty simple

It’s all fine and in good fun! We are allowed to joke about things related to cost, particularly as this isn’t directly related to Madonna’s pocketbook. As far as I’m concerned, it’s quite natural in this current era of total corporate corruption and social disenfranchisement to be cynical! That said, I think it’s lovely that these people all wish to get together and reminisce. My ticket has been purchased! Unfortunately, I personally don’t yet know if I’ll be able to join the event live, but if timing permits, I certainly will. 

On 9/17/2023 at 4:08 AM, PlayPause said:

I've never seen such a price for a single episode based on content that's not original.

Stefan obviously spends hours of his spare time a week doing this podcast. I really doubt he’s making a huge profit from this event, in fact, it’s probably the opposite in terms of covering the overall cost and time of doing the mlvc podcast. It is clearly a passion project by a dedicated fan, for other fans. Most of the content is free and nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket to this. Get some perspective please.