Madonna and Katy Perry? 🤞

7 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

nothing? 

bianca.gif

She did remix with Tokischa

be happy and forever grateful for it 

and maybe..maybe we will get another one :08:

ha ha ha!

i hope soooooo! i hope to have tons of amazing remixes with other singers as well.... i was sure that during the tour she won't stop to give us new remixes and collab with other singers..... like kim petras teach feed the beast...

35 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Not kitschy tiktok numbers.

That would be like saying in 1984/5  "not like any MTV videos".  I sorta get what you are getting at, and I am not too favorable to what TIK TOK is becoming, but I also see that it's a powerful medium at this time.  While we might say, "fuck what the younger generation think", it's that generation that will help keep Madonna thriving in the future if she's remained appreciated.  We can sit here and say, "who cares about what others think", but the fact is, the mass consumption of what remains popular is controlled by mediums that we detest.  There is no doubt, there will always be another popular medium that will come along, but that will be detested as well.  It's always a circle among each generation.  So I welcome each new medium that allows Madonna to be among that platform.  It may never be as perfect as we want it, but nothing is.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

That would be like saying in 1984/5  "not like any MTV videos".  I sorta get what you are getting at, and I am not too favorable to what TIK TOK is becoming, but I also see that it's a powerful medium at this time.  While we might say, "fuck what the younger generation think", it's that generation that will help keep Madonna thriving in the future if she's remained appreciated.  We can sit here and say, "who cares about what others think", but the fact is, the mass consumption of what remains popular is controlled by mediums that we detest.  There is no doubt, there will always be another popular medium that will come along, but that will be detested as well.  It's always a circle among each generation.  So I welcome each new medium that allows Madonna to be among that platform.  It may never be as perfect as we want it, but nothing is.

I'm 26, I am the younger generation :cry: TikTok has ruined music

20 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

How so?

It has perpetuated a mass-scale shortened attention span where young people crave a brief, less-than-three-minutes "song" that relies almost entirely on a quirky hook that can be used as a 'sound' in viral tiktok trends. The demand has become so prevalent that artists have literally spoken about how their labels push them to make songs suitable for tiktok trends, which is the structure I just described. It has caused popular music to trend toward being shorter and less substantive.

15 hours ago, Ayham said:

Katy?!?

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

15 hours ago, Askeroff said:

does somebody really wants duet with Katy Perry now

we not  in 2013 :Madonna003:

15 hours ago, Askeroff said:

119a554bc6a4c5f0dc57e3531404b1ad.jpg

15 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Katy Perry. The one who sang that she kissed a girl when in fact she never did. *snore*

This site is full of hypocritical boomers ffs, once we might get a collab of M with an actual ICONIC pop peers she respects and paved the way to, you guys act snobbish as hell and disrespect the other artist as theyre not as relevant / cant sing/ are not good. She would also benefit A LOT as Katy's daily numbers are there times Madonna's (but yeah let's only talk about success when she doesnt bomb :Madonna003:)... It's also not like M's past two years have been worth of being called art or hit, but hey, after the awful flops with Nicki, Nas, Maluma, Tokisha, Sickick, the meme guy from TikTok, Katy Perry apparently isnt better, sure :Madonna032:

But fine, you all are right. Hopefully Madonna ditches down pop peers and as a woman with sophisticated taste in music, will find another homeless tiktoker to collab with, so she can sing a fart reverbered version of Like a Prayer while sniffing coke in a new music video (plus that +300K debut on Spotify) 😍

56 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

It has perpetuated a mass-scale shortened attention span where young people crave a brief, less-than-three-minutes "song" that relies almost entirely on a quirky hook that can be used as a 'sound' in viral tiktok trends. The demand has become so prevalent that artists have literally spoken about how their labels push them to make songs suitable for tiktok trends, which is the structure I just described. It has caused popular music to trend toward being shorter and less substantive.

This is a very narrow viewpoint on what's happening. Songs were generally 2-3 minutes in length back in the 50s and 60s before people blamed technology for songs being short, so what is happening with song lengths in 2024 is not actually a new development. See 'All Out 60s' on Spotify as an example.

Second of all, whilst the attention span of the general public has become very short, and nobody wants to listen to 6 minute songs anymore, this is less to do with TikTok and more to do with the volume of things coming at us in any given hour of the day. We are permanently contactable, always 'online', juggling 20 tabs on the desktop at all times and have access to every piece of news media in the world within minutes. Til Tok plays a part of this cycle, but it is not the cause of it. Our minds are just constantly on the information superhighway.

Finally, shorter songs ain't all bad - the need for speed can actually have a positive impact on how to get a point across in a short time span without padding things out unnecessarily. Listen to Tate McRae's "Greedy" which has 3 verses and 3 choruses in 2m 11s!! Yet it doesn't necessarily feel like she's short changing anyone. They were just clever in the writing process and packed an awful lot in to a short space. Hence your claim that TikTok has "ruined music" is a ridiculous statement that doesn't look outside of your own immediate environment. Perhaps it has changed the charts quite a bit, but music wasn't ruined when electric instrumentation came along, it wasn't ruined when synthesisers came along, it wasn't ruined when MTV came along and it certainly won't be ruined by a social media app. It will, however, constantly evolve as society dictates.

9 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

This is a very narrow viewpoint on what's happening. Songs were generally 2-3 minutes in length back in the 50s and 60s before people blamed technology for songs being short, so what is happening with song lengths in 2024 is not actually a new development. See 'All Out 60s' on Spotify as an example.

Second of all, whilst the attention span of the general public has become very short, and nobody wants to listen to 6 minute songs anymore, this is less to do with TikTok and more to do with the volume of things coming at us in any given hour of the day. We are permanently contactable, always 'online', juggling 20 tabs on the desktop at all times and have access to every piece of news media in the world within minutes. Til Tok plays a part of this cycle, but it is not the cause of it. Our minds are just constantly on the information superhighway.

Finally, shorter songs ain't all bad - the need for speed can actually have a positive impact on how to get a point across in a short time span without padding things out unnecessarily. Listen to Tate McRae's "Greedy" which has 3 verses and 3 choruses in 2m 11s!! Yet it doesn't necessarily feel like she's short changing anyone. They were just clever in the writing process and packed an awful lot in to a short space. Hence your claim that TikTok has "ruined music" is a ridiculous statement that doesn't look outside of your own immediate environment. Perhaps it has changed the charts quite a bit, but music wasn't ruined when electric instrumentation came along, it wasn't ruined when synthesisers came along, it wasn't ruined when MTV came along and it certainly won't be ruined by a social media app. It will, however, constantly evolve as society dictates.

im not on tik tok but the positive side is that tik tok, thanks to his large following help a lot of songs and singers to become viral.... and this help the streaming numbers ..... and more the streaming numbers are high and more  more a singer is near to his/her next sales certification who is always an amazing way to promote a singer.....

Never liked the collab with Justine, and I certainly won’t like the collab with Katy. IMO (as that’s what these threads are for — expressing your opinion) I never liked (nor will I ever) music by Katy Perry. 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you enjoy KP hooray, eat your self out. 
ROAR yourself out boo xo

I’d be all for this but Katy’s attitude towards legends puts me off.

Like how she said Mariah Carey is ‘fabulous for a throwback’ when Mariah Carey is currently carrying a lot more longevity right now..

also the multiple jabs and disrespect towards Britney and her head shaving I just can’ttt

If this is true I will stream it of course as it is Madonna. I just hope this isn’t a Katy seeking relevance thing.

12 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Bart Simpson was so ahead of the times

A resounding NO for this possible collaboration. Maybe I would have liked the idea if the collaboration had been when Katy was in her prime but unfortunately today this woman has lost significance and is no longer as popular as before so I don't see any benefit for Madonna commercially speaking. Even I thought that Katy had already retired from music because in my country her name is simply a memory and her songs no longer play on even the most mediocre radio station in my country.

If Madonna is intelligent, she should not waste time collaborating with Katy Perry and will choose to collaborate again with The Weeknd and repeat the enormous success they have had with Popular. That is the right path: stay on the side of the successful and stay away from the losers and the mediocre who will only waste her time and whose collaborations will already be predestined to total failure without needing to be prophets or seers to affirm it.