Easter eggs and meanings of the Celebration Tour

Someone posted a photo or thread of the supposed inspiration behind the stage/light setup for Nothing Really Matters. It was like an old painting/ religious reference that was pretty great if true. Made a lot of sense. Can't find it now.

11 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Anyone know the reasoning behind the clown and the red balloon? Tell me it’s an β€œIT” reference lol

a reference to Tears of a Clown era (jk)

20 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Anyone know the reasoning behind the clown and the red balloon? Tell me it’s an β€œIT” reference lol

The clown is a reference to the show spectacle side, and she brought it into TOAC and GS. However, particularly within "Live To Tell," it contrasts with the tragedy and sadness of the victims of AIDS. It's similar to the intro from the club scene, with the disco ball and bodies dropping like flies. The red balloon stands for the red ribbon or red mark. There's a special mention about the moment related in this post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyqlyLKurUg/?img_index=3

Β 

If you cannotΒ  (or won't access IG):

Madonna + AIDS Memorial + A Heavenly Sign from Danny = Eternally Grateful
Β 
The AIDS Memorial contacted me in April about a confidential β€œspecial project” Madonna was working on and it involved using the photos I have shared on this memorial site. I have two tribute posts on the AIDS Memorial page for my two best friends – Danny Ofsthun (1962-1988) and Richie Mahoney (1960-2001). We had no idea of the scope or what this would entail.
Β Fast forward to Madonna’s Celebration Tour opening night in London (14 October), the power of social media, and everyone sharing the β€œLive to Tell” performance. She sings while elevated so high above the crowd and is surrounded by photos of her lost friends and peers on multiple giant screens. These images are replaced by dozens of images appearing and the first image I see, center stage, is Richie and his image fades into Danny’s, followed by hundreds of faces.Β So powerful. My two best friends, who died 12 years apart, are now sharing the same stage equally for the whole world to see.

The Sign from Danny: His AIDS quilt panel is 7 balloons - 6 are connected, representing his close friends left behind and a single balloon not connected, symbolizing although he is gone, he’s always with us. As I was watching countless videos, I noticed the clown on stage holding a single red balloon. He walks behind the screen and THEN I see the photo of Danny and me. I found a different vantage point video showing the clown is standing there and begins walking as if it’s intentionally timed. As soon as our photo appears, the balloon floats right over it. So incredible. (video captures in post) I have no doubt Richie is now busy planning his own grand gesture.

There are no words. I’m still trying to process all of this. It’s completely overwhelmed my emotional capacity. For now, I’ll humbly say thank you to @theaidsmemorial and @Madonna for making this happen. It’s a masterfully choreographed, respectful, impactful, and spectacular way to honor β€œIn loving memory of all the bright lights we lost to AIDS.” None of them forgotten because all of us left behind, β€œlive to tell.” xx

Β 

303804124_Screenshot2024-05-19at10_20.19-min.png.598f34085e07585f17ae7d350afa392a.png

Β 

On 5/19/2024 at 4:33 AM, sara94 said:

When Rain ends and she's getting taken by the grim reaper and the LAV / MJ TributeΒ starts, that segment is about 4 minutes long. The 4 minutes could also stand for the 4 days she was in a coma andΒ that she was about to join him in Heaven.

Thats deep

1 hour ago, Stefan Bayens said:

During Madame X, Rebel Heart and probably also other tours, Madonna also used a special bottle like the Celebration Queen of Beers one

Screenshot_20240529_215424_Gallery.jpg

interesting design for the celebration prop bottle. that's the 70s Budweiser bottle design. Now I'm wondering what the other was based on.

• 2 weeks later...

@Piksel8Β I guess Madame X beer bottle was inspired by classic Portuguese beers like Sagres, for instance.

images-10.jpeg.43bdf4e6ee1074432f7ed353a070553b.jpegΒ  photo source: https://www.tripadvisor.com.br/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g303506-d2659502-i138920508-Montagu_s-Rio_de_Janeiro_State_of_Rio_de_Janeiro.html

Fun fact: sorry to Portuguese Infiniters such as @MartineXΒ and @Tiago Lisboa RodriguesΒ but I rly thought Amarguinha was a beer when in fact it's an almond liquor... minhas sinceras desculpas!