Your Favorite Madonna Video Era!

12 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Tough one - I don’t really love the BS album but I think it has probably the best set of music videos - each one is totally different and unique - not an easy feat when you consider how diff each song was - I would have chosen erotica but deeper and erotica videos are a bit depressing 

Depressing will be definitely NOT the word I will use for either of these videos.

De263St.gif

25 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

Blond ambition era. which mean Like a prayer to immaculate collection album era.

Like a prayer,

Express yourself

cherish

oh father

Vogue

Justify my love

Just a perfection. Period.

If I only blossomed during this era I would have picked this over erotica.... But my first Madonna lps are erotica and the immaculate collection in CD

I love music videos! It is the opportunity for artists to unleash their creativity and achieve true works of art if they so desire. The Scientist (Coldplay), Come into my world (Kylie Minogue), Hole in my soul (Aerosmith), Imitation of life (REM), Bleed like me (Garbage) are some examples of excellent videos. Unfortunately, Madonna is not an artist who has wanted to stand out in this aspect and has only limited herself to delivering mostly acceptable videos that have not stood out for their originality or for breaking molds but rather for their simplicity.

If I had to choose a particular era it would be Bedtime Stories. With the exception of Secret, which didn't offer me anything new, the remaining 3 videos stood out for their varied themes. From the story of the impossible love between the superstar and the bullfighter in Take a Bow, the social criticism in Human Nature using the least expected figure for it (that of a prostitute), and the personification of various works of art using the figure of Madonna in the middle of a mysterious and at times terrifying environment in Bedtime Story. The best era so far because I can't find filler videos (Give it 2 me, Get together), silly videos (Sorry, Turn up the Radio), boring videos (Living for love, Love Profusion) or videos that tried to be innovative but They failed in the attempt (4 Minutes, God Control).

Despite being the best era, it is not that difficult to overcome. At least she tried to get back on the right path with Madame X and that for me is a good sign that perhaps this new era 2024 will be the best of all.

20 hours ago, Donna said:

Great Question!!! :luv:

For me, it's about the True Blue era.  There have been some superior videos from her afterwards, but there is just something special about the True Blue era that I love the most. She was still growing and I really became a huge fan during this era...

FD6L8ElVgAAioe5.jpg

This!

And a close 2nd place the Like a prayer era..

Both such iconic eras 

Definitely Ray Of Light for me. Not only is it my personal favourite M album, but visually she experimented so much and the music videos from that period are pretty timeless. She changed up her look the most during this time and partnered with some truly visionary directors that were at the top of their field at the time. Nothing Really Matters still blows me away when I watch it today. 

IMG_7370.jpeg