Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

46 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

they look nothing alike

Rami Malek doesn't look like Freddie Mercury. Taron Egerton doesn't look like Elton John. Joaquin Phoenix doesn't look like Johnny Cash. Meryl Streep doesn't look like Margaret Thatcher. Juliette Binoche doesn't look like Camille Claudel. Madonna doesn't look like Evita Peron. And so on. It's not lookalike contest. 

As you said, it's about channelling the body language and the vocal intonations. It's hard work actually.

Hair, make-up, costume, framing, the rest is movie magic.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

That said, my only objections about that project is that she should hire a talented director and work with him (think about the way she works on pair on an album like with Orbit for Ray of light). /

This is where the trouble lies. Of course she SHOULD tell her story but her in the directing chair is pure ego and low key insane when she can produce the movie and still control the narrative. Very few directors were able to do good films about themselves, only the masters like Felini 8/0,5 . Almodovar Pain & Glory and Spielberg finally did the Fabelmans last year.

Also because lots of times real life is more boring than on film. Example: Maybe madonna had an argument with Sean where she packed her bag and swallowed her tears and told him "fuck you" . So director Madonna films just that.

However a more dramatic scene is Madonna swalloing her tears while packing her bags and saying "fuck you" to sean...

Edited by littlestartman (see edit history)

1 minute ago, littlestartman said:

This is where the trouble lies. Of course she SHOULD tell her story but her in the directing chair is pure ego and low key insane when she can produce the movie and still control the narrative. Very few directors were able to do good films about themselves, only the masters like Felini 8/0,5 . Almodovar Pain & Glory and Spielberg finally did the Fabelmans last year.

Pain & Glory Is about Almodóvar himself?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Pain & Glory Is about Almodóvar himself?

No a biopic but its a film about an older director recounting his sucess years and filming his childhood.... Seems its the closest to being about himself it could be.

An ageing film director reflects on the choices he's made in his life as the past and present come crashing down around him.

Again these directors were able to do these dramatic versions of themselves

Edited by littlestartman (see edit history)

1 minute ago, littlestartman said:

Well thats dumb. First of all, throwing out all these greats is like a red herring. Nobody is expecting a Felini film. I can guarantee you, like 99.9% of movie goers of today probably have no idea who those directors are. Steven Spielberg is not Felini yet he's done amazing work and carved his own path including a recent film based on his life. Second of all, ALL celebrities have ego and not just celebrities but even basic people like you or me or else we wouldn't feel the need to make posts about a multi millionaire who's had a 40 something year career and who will probably never meet and probably never ask for advice from us. She's making her film because SHE wants her vision of HER story out there. I also hope you don't think other directors don't have egos. Lol such a daft post. Don't worry, if you want something that portrays her as an awful manipulator just watch Innocence Lost. That's the film for you. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well thats dumb. First of all, throwing out all these greats is like a red herring. Nobody is expecting a Felini film. I can guarantee you, like 99.9% of movie goers of today probably have no idea who those directors are. Steven Spielberg is not Felini yet he's done amazing work and carved his own path including a recent film based on his life. Second of all, ALL celebrities have ego and not just celebrities but even basic people like you or me or else we wouldn't feel the need to make posts about a multi millionaire who's had a 40 something year career and who will probably never meet and probably never ask for advice from us. She's making her film because SHE wants her vision of HER story out there. I also hope you don't think other directors don't have egos. Lol such a daft post. Don't worry, if you want something that portrays her as an awful manipulator just watch Innocence Lost. That's the film for you. 

Im just saying that its hard even for those guys so what Madonna wants to do is super tricky with her movie carreer tragectory!

She can still have the film she wants without being in the director chair.

Just now, littlestartman said:

Im just saying that its hard even for those guys so what Madonna wants to do is super tricky with her movie carreer tragectory!

Of course its hard. Nothing is ever easy! If she wanted easy she wouldn't have the career that she has. And no, she can't have the film that she wants done by someone else. The director would be the end all be all and that would be a pointless situation for her to be in trying to tell her story through her vision. This isnt a concert film where she could be saying which shots which angles which score should go where etc and that's even before studio execs would get involved. Really the only reason this is such an issue is because of optics rather than her actual skill which she has an amazing eye for. I think once we all see the film in a theatre we will all be amazed and the fact that Julia Garner is allegedly still in it is a great sign. She is REALLY well liked and respected and the reception for that has been really positive. 

PS I'm glad its a film and not a mini series like so many are saying. 

17 minutes ago, littlestartman said:

Btw i think the biggest concern should be the script. It could be the most talented director but if the script is garbage then nothing could make it work.

52 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Rami Malek doesn't look like Freddie Mercury. Taron Egerton doesn't look like Elton John. Joaquin Phoenix doesn't look like Johnny Cash. Meryl Streep doesn't look like Margaret Thatcher. Juliette Binoche doesn't look like Camille Claudel. Madonna doesn't look like Evita Peron. And so on. It's not lookalike contest. 

As you said, it's about channelling the body language and the vocal intonations. It's hard work actually.

Hair, make-up, costume, framing, the rest is movie magic.

Yeah you make a point here. I don't know, maybe that's because i've always been so madly in lover with her and her unique beauty that i want a girl who is at least 70% as stunning as Madonna...

Julia Gardner = perfect. It was so obvious (the press got it wrong) back then that she was never going to walk away from this project. She’s a master of business and even fooled a lot of you on here. Everyone is going to juice when this comes out. 👧🏻

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

Yeah you make a point here. I don't know, maybe that's because i've always been so madly in lover with her and her unique beauty that i want a girl who is at least 70% as stunning as Madonna...

I must suppose you were just disappointed to poor Terumi Matthews...

3 hours ago, littlestartman said:

Also because lots of times real life is more boring than on film. Example: Maybe madonna had an argument with Sean where she packed her bag and swallowed her tears and told him "fuck you" . So director Madonna films just that.

However a more dramatic scene is Madonna swalloing her tears while packing her bags and saying "fuck you" to sean...

Exactly what you need to make it this far and this successful in the music business. didn’t you get that from the Celebration tour bioconcert? 

“40 years people, four zero, 🤟🏼👌🏼 forty years” 

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

I must suppose you were just disappointed to poor Terumi Matthews...

Actually that's a good point you make here. To be true i wasn't disappointed at all with Terumi Matthews. Ok she didn't have the clear blue/green eyes (and i think they could have made her wear contacts) but i actually think she was very good Madonna. 

innoence-lost-5.jpg

Look, she has the italian/mediterranen features and that point is very important in my opinion. It's in Madonna's dna. That's one of the factore that makes her beauty different than girls like Britney Spears of even Kylie Minogue (which are beautiful as well) but Madonna has that different kind of beauty because of her italian features. Even if she dies her hair blond and stay out of the sun to have a skin whither than white she has those italian features in the face and that's not something that can be re-recreated in my opinion. Terumi had that and she aldo had that warm but ambitious thing in her face. Julia is another story, she has those nordic face features and cold ambitious. Totally opposite to Madonna if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, littlestartman said:

For me, she fits better as a "director" than an actress in her films.  After all, I felt she's been "directing" her whole career.  She's always been hand's on, and directing her own biopic, definitely will give her chance to tell HER story. As some pointed out, no doubt there will be others who will come along and do movies about her, but I want to hear and see her side of things. 

Certainly, I understand she needs someone by her side to make sure she stays objective as well.  I think she will. Most directors do have assistants and depend on others for input as well. I trust Madonna will too.  I mean; we already are seeing it in the writing of the script. She's already had two award winning script writers come in and help her tell her story.  I'm sure they help Madonna stay grounded on it all.  Meanwhile, we know the script is still struggling to be condensed down to a two hour feature film.  It seems Madonna agrees with most of us when it comes that her story can't be condensed to a two hour film. Yet, she and we have to realize if it's going to happen, there has to be a "happy medium".   There is no doubt in my mind, Madonna is quite interested in turning this into a limited series.  However, her current deal is for a feature film. Unless she goes back in and renegotiates a deal, we're gonna get a feature film.  Saying all that, of course she still wants to do a feature film.  Feature Films tend to hold more weight if done right.  For me, directing this film is very much giving her the opportunity to share HER story much like how she's been very involved in the process of writing music, making music videos, and putting on a concert.  She is very much the woman pulling all the strings, pretty much having the final say.  This is why I love her so much.  Even when she has directors and producers heavily influential in her work, she's still in charge and still making the final decisions of what goes.

@Redha DBL isn't a shame that Terumi got relegated to play Madonna? (She also did M to that HBO's Dennis Rodman biopic.)

Kind of what happened to Regina Restelli (or Regina Restellieux) here in Brazil:

barriga-de-aluguel-regina-restelli.jpg.67348f9d122c75ffdfbc032e994b231a.jpgimages-9.jpeg.55406063186b306a9e0a6da97a4187b3.jpeg and, of course, Regina's from Italian heritage too.

A local report (in pt-BR) with Regina around the time Celebration Tour got confirmed in Rio:

https://gshow.globo.com/tudo-mais/tv-e-famosos/noticia/regina-restelli-a-madonna-brasileira-vibra-com-a-vinda-da-cantora-coracao-bate-forte.ghtml

But ofc Regina nowadays would never be able to play M.

5 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I like the idea of the script like WE. Where a fan (a drag queen most likely) becomes obsessed with her story and researches things in her vault.

Sad Drag Queen GIF by Paramount+

I vote for Trixie, she’s talented, funny, sings, plays guitar, she’s blond

Or Bob if it was produced by Disney 

Drag Race Dancing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

28 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Redha DBL isn't a shame that Terumi got relegated to play Madonna? (She also did M to that HBO's Dennis Rodman biopic.)

Kind of what happened to Regina Restelli (or Regina Restellieux) here in Brazil:

barriga-de-aluguel-regina-restelli.jpg.67348f9d122c75ffdfbc032e994b231a.jpgimages-9.jpeg.55406063186b306a9e0a6da97a4187b3.jpeg and, of course, Regina's from Italian heritage too.

A local report (in pt-BR) with Regina around the time Celebration Tour got confirmed in Rio:

https://gshow.globo.com/tudo-mais/tv-e-famosos/noticia/regina-restelli-a-madonna-brasileira-vibra-com-a-vinda-da-cantora-coracao-bate-forte.ghtml

But ofc Regina nowadays would never be able to play M.

Wait wait wait, who is that girl on the pics ? Sorry i didn't undertood very well. That girl on the pic really got something to play Madonna. I'm intrigued now. Tell me more please ! 

36 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Wait wait wait, who is that girl on the pics ? Sorry i didn't undertood very well. That girl on the pic really got something to play Madonna. I'm intrigued now. Tell me more please ! 

She did play Madonna back in the ***early*** 90's. (Sorry for wrong info)

She was a Brazilian actress working to Brazilian telenovelas/soap operas back then but, being kind of a Madonna clone, she got relegated to do M impersonations kinda like exactly Venus D'Lite, Veronica Pires etc. are known to do. (Google them for more info)

Now she's an astrologist/tarologist and her current look does not look like Madonna (see report I provided you).

Her birth and stage name has always been Regina Restelli but, due to a numerology thing very popular at that time, she changed her artistic surname to Restellieux thinking it'd give her a much more successful acting career - and the result was...

6 hours ago, Anapausis said:

She did play Madonna back in the ***early*** 90's. (Sorry for wrong info)

She was a Brazilian actress working to Brazilian telenovelas/soap operas back then but, being kind of a Madonna clone, she got relegated to do M impersonations kinda like exactly Venus D'Lite, Veronica Pires etc. are known to do. (Google them for more info)

Now she's an astrologist/tarologist and her current look does not look like Madonna (see report I provided you).

Her birth and stage name has always been Regina Restelli but, due to a numerology thing very popular at that time, she changed her artistic surname to Restellieux thinking it'd give her a much more successful acting career - and the result was...

What is her name please and what's the name of the movie about Madonna she played in please ?

2 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

What is her name please and what's the name of the movie about Madonna she played in please ?

Her name's Regina Restelli.

She didn't play M in a movie but doing impersonations of M to concerts, photoshoots, musicals etc.

Similar to what Venus d'Lite does.

Am I clearer now, rajel?

IN TIME: Regina doesn't work as actress or singer anymore. She does horoscope consulting. And even if she still acted, her current face does not resemble M's face.

5 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Little Sparrow Credits:

Cast:

Julia Garbage as Madonna

Caitlyn Jenner as Angela Becker

Regina Hall as Nicki Harris 

Chi Chi LaRue as Liz Rosenberg 

Sacha Baron Cohen as Guy O’seary 

Jerry Lewis as Stuart Price

And Oxana Nabokova as both Sandra Bernhard and Camille Paglia, right pibecitx?