Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

I know this is about Deadpool but has anyone heard of Gummo? It uses Like a Prayer in it's trailer and has been OOP forever but now it's being released by Criterion. With all the fuss of having to meet Madonna to use LAP in Deadpool, interesting how such a weird movie like Gummo utilized it as well.

59 minutes ago, proxy said:

Not this *NSYNC song, TikTok even attacks me with it. I’m trying to silence words *NSYNC & Bye bye bye. Why do we always have the competition when something good happens to M music. And it’s on official Spotify playlist of the movie, LAP is not, why M team always have to fail 😭

IMG_4623.jpeg

I actually like this song, but I will admit being annoyed to see this song and it's parent album getting some love on digital platforms, for the last few days, where Madonna's LAP album is no where to be seen when her song is all over the trailers and a huge sequence in the movie.  I'm hoping in the next day or so, to see an increase in digital sales for the song Like a Prayer and the parent album as well.

just got back from the movie - sorry but i fucking hated it - it was soooooooooooo boring and not funny - im not a marvel geek and only went with a friend who had no none else to go and see it with - lap was cool in the film (unusual choice for a fight sequence though ? ) i dont think its going to be a kate bush running up that hill moment for her though - everyone knows the song anyway ....

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

I actually like this song, but I will admit being annoyed to see this song and it's parent album getting some love on digital platforms, for the last few days, where Madonna's LAP album is no where to be seen when her song is all over the trailers and a huge sequence in the movie.  I'm hoping in the next day or so, to see an increase in digital sales for the song Like a Prayer and the parent album as well.

Like A Prayer is climbing up the top 100 on itunes. I don’t see Bye Bye Bye at all in the top 200. Neither of their albums are, though the soundtrack is in the top 5.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

just got back from the movie - sorry but i fucking hated it - it was soooooooooooo boring and not funny - im not a marvel geek and only went with a friend who had no none else to go and see it with - lap was cool in the film (unusual choice for a fight sequence though ? ) i dont think its going to be a kate bush running up that hill moment for her though - everyone knows the song anyway ....

Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

7 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Like A Prayer is climbing up the top 100 on itunes. I don’t see Bye Bye Bye at all in the top 200. Neither of their albums are, though the soundtrack is in the top 5.

Look again, Bye Bye Bye is #135 on the ALL CATEGORIES chart and higher on the pop chart.  Yesterday it was higher, but now I see LAP is now higher at #64 currently.   Also, Nsync had two albums (No Strings Attached and Debut album) charting on, but now I only see the Debut dropped to the bottom of the pop chart.  The tides are changing for Madonna as her Celebration and Immaculate Collection are climbing on the Pop Itunes chart.  

16 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Look again, Bye Bye Bye is #135 on the ALL CATEGORIES chart and higher on the pop chart.  Yesterday it was higher, but now I see LAP is now higher at #64 currently.   Also, Nsync had two albums (No Strings Attached and Debut album) charting on, but now I only see the Debut dropped to the bottom of the pop chart.  The tides are changing for Madonna as her Celebration and Immaculate Collection are climbing on the Pop Itunes chart.  

Weird. When I looked right before I posted LAP was at 82 and BBB was nowhere. LAP is at #79 for me now, and BBB is #138. This is all general. I don’t usually bother with the genre ones. Weird how it shows people different things. Either way the fact that BBB is included on the movie soundtrack while LAP isn’t could bode well for M as far as single traction. I’m really not expecting much of anything for the album.

13 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Weird. When I looked right before I posted LAP was at 82 and BBB was nowhere. LAP is at #79 for me now, and BBB is #138. This is all general. I don’t usually bother with the genre ones. Weird how it shows people different things. Either way the fact that BBB is included on the movie soundtrack while LAP isn’t could bode well for M as far as single traction. I’m really not expecting much of anything for the album.

I think what bothered me is when this promotion was strong earlier this week, that her song wasn't really being seen on the digital charts, but I had saw BYE BYE BYE and their albums charting pretty decently.  I don't have issue with Nsync and BYE BYE BYE was a huge song back in the day, but other than knowing it was on the soundtrack, it wasn't promoted as LAP has been this whole week.  It's unfortunate because I would have thought LAP would have been shown better chart positions by now.  I guess I was hoping to see a better turn out for the song as well as the LAP album.  This is why now I don't think we're gonna see anything huge with this.  Still, it's nice to see the media has given her some love based on this song.  Something is better than nothing. :)

By the way, I now see LAP at #83.

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

I also think we need to sit back and just give it the whole weekend. It’s still only Friday evening (here in the states). Only a fraction of the weekend audience have seen it yet. Let’s see where it’s at w/updates Sunday/Monday.

I agree with this!  But I think what was weird for me is that this whole week this film has been everywhere as well as the conversation around LAP being included.  I was just expecting to see the song to have had much better impact than we are seeing so far.  I'm definitely not expecting the song to re-chart, but it's sorta been a lazy rise considering the attention the song has been getting this week.

The movie was fun, in a marvel kind of way. I’ve always liked this Deadpool character he’s more entertaining than the rest of the marvel universe. 

like a prayer sounds fantastic in the fighting sequence of the movie and the climatic ending, very nice to experience this kind of usage of Madonnas music, and there’s also a joke about it. They love her. 

The BST song also has a very good placing and has a lot of interaction with the song

its worth to go to see the movie ♥️

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Log out 

Hugh Jackman Wolverine GIF by Regal

12 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

I mean, if people choose to stream Bye Bye Bye (which tracks with the age of the main audience of the movie, BTW) it is not Madonna's or Madonna's team fault, is it?

Whos said it is, my comment towards Madonna's team was about official movie playlist on Spotify without LAP on it lol

15 hours ago, Adonna said:

And it’s on official Spotify playlist of the movie, LAP is not, why M team always have to fail 😭

3 minutes ago, Starchild said:

So, the movie uses a Madonna song in a scene. Big flippin' deal?

There's no way I'd waste my money on a Marvel film to hear a song that I can play in my car.

These are the same fans who buy overpriced merch and collect vinyl that they'll never spin.

Yes We Are Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia