Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

1 hour ago, NRMX said:

Dude if she was interested in that, they would have done it, if it was relevant to her they would have done it. 

Not every opportunity a fan sees or suspects is amazing is what they want for her as a brand and a business.

Yes millions and millions sounds amazing but do you really think that we would have gained lots of new fans… I really doubt it. 

Agree. Also, I don’t think a particular playlist is gonna give it the numbers people want. People here should look on twitter/x. More viewers are talking about BBB sticking in their head than LAP. Nothing her team can do would change that.

But plenty of ppl are talking about LAP though, how great it was in the movie, how the movie reminded them what a great song it was, etc. That to me is more important than pushing it on 12-16 yo who likely won’t retain it now.

But maybe it’ll continue to resonate w/them over time. And I also love the idea of people old enough to remember it reengaging w/it. I’d love to see its numbers stay higher than they’ve been consistently.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

True or not that $31M figure floating around, the licensing fee for the movie must be ASTRONOMICAL. So there's nothing stupid about this deal.

I think some of us are sad as fans that they're not making the most of it just like any other act would. To be fair, she's never be that type and maybe she even considers doing that a little bit below her status.

But how wonderful would it be to take advantage of opportunities like this one, apart from the big direct money from the studio.

Agree and I wonder if she’s a bit old school and slow to fully come around to focusing on streaming being that it’s not as lucrative on the surface and would rather focus on the vinyl and merchandising (or even digital sales for that matter) that generate more direct revenue.

4 hours ago, Askeroff said:

some gossip talk

Madonna Wouldn’t Allow “Deadpool and Wolverine” to Include “Like a Prayer” on Soundtrack

I think that's most likely true, her music rarely appears on compilations, soundtracks etc

12 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Agree and I wonder if she’s a bit old school and slow to fully come around to focusing on streaming being that it’s not as lucrative on the surface and would rather focus on the vinyl and merchandising (or even digital sales for that matter) that generate more direct revenue.

Can't blame her really. If you compare any big deal (the movie, the Rio deal with the bank) or physical sales with streaming profit, especially coming from the old days, she must think "what is this s**t and why even bother?".

And she's right in a way.

3 hours ago, NRMX said:

Dude if she was interested in that, they would have done it, if it was relevant to her they would have done it. 

Not every opportunity a fan sees or suspects is amazing is what they want for her as a brand and a business.

Yes millions and millions sounds amazing but do you really think that we would have gained lots of new fans… I really doubt it. 

Fans try to make it more simpler than it is.  There's always something more going on that we don't know. As frustrated as we may get over some of the choices, it doesn't always come down to someone being incompetent or a miss opportunity.  It doesn't mean the latter doesn't happen, but I don't see Madonna suffering financially.  She obviously is doing something right, even though WE fans aren't getting everything we demand. And let's be real here, Madonna is one of the last iconic stars from the  80's who is highly active and has most of her catalog up digitally/streaming.  

Folk didn't even know this was happening until fairly recently. It's a deal done by Madonna which has her song in the biggest film in the world. She probably has some idea what she's doing and as fans we should enjoy the exposure rather than worrying about what might be (I mean in all likelihood a new release would probably chart at number 83 if lucky and then vanish).

Another obvious 'problem' is that she has 300 versions of each single of her career. I asked several times here on wich version should we focus as fans, but someone started to talk about bucal fat removal and nobody cared about doing a proper fan campaign to push further the moment.

Other fan bases of other artist care more about their idols, and that's it.

3 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Another obvious 'problem' is that she has 300 versions of each single of her career. I asked several times here on wich version should we focus as fans, but someone started to talk about bucal fat removal and nobody cared about doing a proper fan campaign to push further the moment.

Well personally speaking it's not that I don't 'care' about Madonna, it's that I'm long past the age and mentality where I particularly care about the charts.

13 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

True. Not only that, no one would agree on the definitive version. But I don't believe the majority of fans care.  I'm happy the various versions are available. Combine them or not, they sill add up to the same numbers.  I also understand why the versions aren't merged.  They want each version to be heard and counted.  It doesn't change the fact if we combine them, there are a lot of people still streaming her music. :)

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

In this case it's M's team and Warner's fault. True there are many "LAP" versions, but the two main ones, Album Version and "Celebration" are not merged in streams and that leads to confusion. They would be 464.280.693 streams now both together. Also, there's the "Immaculate" remix, which has more of that chorus vibe that the version of the movie seems to have, so it's been included on the main "D&W" playlist so far (not official):

Despite that, the song is really benefiting from the movie anyway.  She's having an increase and a new peak each day since Friday:

Also, she's increased her monthly listeners in around +500.000 more and she's steadily back to 37M now.

43 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Also, she's increased her monthly listeners in around +500.000 more and she's steadily back to 37M now.

Wooo-hoo!  And it's currently #42 on the U.S. Itunes comprehensive chart while it's #21 on the POP chart. :party:

What upsets me most is that although Reynold said that he asked Madonna to give him to permission to use Like a prayer in last moment, he wouldn't have asked Madonna to do it the Day before movie premiere day. Right? Which means madonna's useless team had a time to prepare at least a month! which makes me the most angry. They should had at least changed Like a prayer music video into a 1080p High quality one. I'm not even expecting her useless team to change it to 4K music video. I mean they should had changed it at Least 1080p quality one!!! But these useless bitches did nothing! 

What did Madonna's useless bitches do? Nothing. Literally nothing~~~~!!!!!!! Nothing except Madonna did posted on Instagram to buy Like a prayer album! seriously. buy that album? Right now? seriously?

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

In this case it's M's team and Warner's fault. True there are many "LAP" versions, but the two main ones, Album Version and "Celebration" are not merged in streams and that leads to confusion. They would be 464.280.693 streams now both together. Also, there's the "Immaculate" remix, which has more of that chorus vibe that the version of the movie seems to have, so it's been included on the main "D&W" playlist so far (not official):

This! Deadpool Wolverine and Marvel fans want to listen Deadpool version of Like a prayer. I've read countless Marvel fans asking where they can listen to Deadpool version of Like a prayer. They don't fucking care Like a prayer Vinyl album!

Who can blame them? Even I, a Madonna fan, would love to hear the Deadpool movie version single!

i saw the movie yesterday. i didnt have any real knowledge about deadpool and what to expect. it was light fun. the opening sequence of bye bye baby was maybe the funniest use of music. next to the final madonna quote ... hilarious* 

like a prayer was epic. really cool, especially the new version at the end.

there will be a boost for sure. however, it is NOT as emotional as kate bush song in stranger things. Completely different things, you can't compare. better enjoy it for what it is... very light n easy

"Bye Bye Bye" by *NSYNC  Spotify 

7/23 — 267,210 [+3.36%]

7/24 — 314,216 [+17.59%]

7/25 — 592,787 [+88.66%]

7/26 — 1,321,819 [+122.98%]

7/27 — 2,126,973 [+60.91%]

7/28 — 2,363,625 [+11.13%]

the song had even lower Streams than LAP  before movie  :Madonna008:

now it all over tik tok 

i guess there nothing they can do

at least they update LAP RIAA but they did it only for digital and streams numbers 

that's way it only 2XP

:dead:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/deadpool-wolverine-like-a-prayer-instrumental/1759795802

9 hours ago, I am madonna said:

What upsets me most is that although Reynold said that he asked Madonna to give him to permission to use Like a prayer in last moment, he wouldn't have asked Madonna to do it the Day before movie premiere day. Right? Which means madonna's useless team had a time to prepare at least a month! which makes me the most angry. They should had at least changed Like a prayer music video into a 1080p High quality one. I'm not even expecting her useless team to change it to 4K music video. I mean they should had changed it at Least 1080p quality one!!! But these useless bitches did nothing! 

What did Madonna's useless bitches do? Nothing. Literally nothing~~~~!!!!!!! Nothing except Madonna did posted on Instagram to buy Like a prayer album! seriously. buy that album? Right now? seriously?

I agree. Madonna and her team are so useless and out of touch, she needs to hand the reins over to younger people that know about streaming and tiktok.

I've stopped streaming Like A Prayer, why should I make an effort when she can't be arsed. At least the silver vinyl is out 🤦