Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

12 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I've stopped streaming Like A Prayer, why should I make an effort when she can't be arsed. At least the silver vinyl is out 🤦

So now you will attack Madonna personally. The only arsed thing is your comment. Madonna make efforts for song to be in movie, including notes & being on premiere, it’s not her fault that people like more bubble gum pop song, LAP is not even streaming friendly :salty:

Who is Alex Vagda and why can you buy Like a Prayer (Epic Version), Instrumental and Alex Vagda - Like a Prayer Meets Avengers (Epic Version) and Instrumental 1 Minute Tracks in Itunes? Also available on Tidal.
And if real why are there M's real vocals without mentioning her Name?

Or is this some Donna Queen again haha

Unbenannt.PNG.ea713fa5bddd1e51586600e82960fed9.PNG

22 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I agree. Madonna and her team are so useless and out of touch, she needs to hand the reins over to younger people that know about streaming and tiktok.

I've stopped streaming Like A Prayer, why should I make an effort when she can't be arsed. At least the silver vinyl is out 🤦

Btw you criticizing her team, but you doing exactly same mistake, endorse physical release of album and stop streaming song, when streaming is now more important than physical sales. That’s why younger female singers have so easily diamond singles. 

8 minutes ago, mrsciccone said:

Who is Alex Vagda and why can you buy Like a Prayer (Epic Version), Instrumental and Alex Vagda - Like a Prayer Meets Avengers (Epic Version) and Instrumental 1 Minute Tracks in Itunes? Also available on Tidal.

An unofficial upload getting the money and the exposure until an official version is released. It's not cool and it's 100% illegal, yes, but also what happens when there's demand and that demand is not met.

It happened with "Frozen" Sickick remix, it happened with "Back That Up To The Beat" demo. Tons of non official versions uploaded until the real ones arrived.

Maybe they'll see there is a demand for it and finally approve to release it...

3 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

“Bye Bye Bye” by *NSYNC enters the top 20 on global Spotify at #16 (+22) with 3.344 million streams.

giphy.gif

Can you be a little bit less dramatic, please lol

14 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

its the only way not to be mad and pressed  

laughing.gif

Yeah, but let’s go down to earth a little bit, we are talking about 35 years old 80s song that was already a huge hit & is still rising. The movie just begins cinema run, maybe LAP won’t return to charts, but featuring will have lasting impact on the song 

2 hours ago, mrsciccone said:

I saw it but I'm not telling rhino because if they can't care to hear fans they don't deserve to hear from us when these are uploaded 

Honestly I can understand why "Bye Bye Bye" is getting all the attention, since it's a Y2K, classic Max Martin, classic Britney sound and that era and sound is in full nostalgia mode now. Plus it's the music the parents of the kids going to see the movie grew up with.

Not even cancelled Justin could stop it from going viral!

"Like A Prayer" is more epic and timeless, but also less instant in a way.

What a fantastic - and expensive - soundtrack, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Honestly I can understand why "Bye Bye Bye" is getting all the attention, since it's a Y2K, classic Max Martin, classic Britney sound and that era and sound is in full nostalgia mode now. Plus it's the music the parents of the kids going to see the movie grew up with.

Can’t agree more with you

Didn't know how to word it right but yeah, BBB is a fun dance song and LAP is a religious experience 🙏🏼

4 hours ago, Askeroff said:

at least they update LAP RIAA but they did it only for digital and streams numbers 

that's way it only 2XP

:dead:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/deadpool-wolverine-like-a-prayer-instrumental/1759795802

I think actually this and the other recent certs are based just on sales, digital & physical, no streaming.

LAP sold a million physical, hence first platinum.

It sold a bit over a million downloads, so 2p.

If they combined its streaming numbers w/the excess sales past the first million it prob could’ve got to 3 or 4p. But I don’t think they’re even looking at streaming.

She doesn’t have a lot of songs that would get a certification boost from streaming bc her #s haven’t been huge but LAP is def one that would.

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yup. Nothing she or her team could do would do much to change how it’s playing out.

We can hope that if this movie has repeat viewing appeal then LAP will grow on some of these younger marvel fans over time. 🤷‍♂️

We can make forever excuses about BBB explode and LAP underperformance

but the thing is what it is

Nsync team play all the cards right while M team just did nothing :crazyeyes:

49 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I think actually this and the other recent certs are based just on sales, digital & physical, no streaming.

LAP sold a million physical, hence first platinum.

It sold a bit over a million downloads, so 2p.

If they combined its streaming numbers w/the excess sales past the first million it prob could’ve got to 3 or 4p. But I don’t think they’re even looking at streaming.

She doesn’t have a lot of songs that would get a certification boost from streaming bc her #s haven’t been huge but LAP is def one that would.

by digital i mean they use SPS units

SPS - sales plus streaming (TEA and SEA )

For songs, all official audio and video streams from within the US are counted in addition to pure single sales.

150 streams = 1 track sale.

its not separated for certifications

7 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

We can make forever excuses about BBB explode and LAP underperformance

but the thing is what it is

Nsync team play all the cards right while M team just did nothing :crazyeyes:

by digital i mean they use SPS units

SPS - sales plus streaming (TEA and SEA )

For songs, all official audio and video streams from within the US are counted in addition to pure single sales.

150 streams = 1 track sale.

its not separated for certifications

they did not count any streams for this certification, with streams the LAP single is at over 3.7M, so very close to 4M already

41 minutes ago, Ian said:

they did not count any streams for this certification, with streams the LAP single is at over 3.7M, so very close to 4M already

Yup. Same thing w/only doing gold for ITG. They prob could have got platinum w/streaming. Same w/only 3p for Vogue. PDP not so sure, platinum may be all it could get.

It’s their responsibility to provide all the streaming equivalent data to riaa and I think they’re not using it at this time.

its clearly says digital units (SPS) not only downloads

Both downloads and on-demand audio and/or video single streams are counted towards the required thresholds.

The formula of 150 on-demand streams is equivalent to one download sale.

Should be at least x3 with physicals 

Platinum | May 16, 1989

Gold | May 16, 1989

uD5DG2yI2ng.jpg?size=1440x1791&quality=9

25 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

its clearly says digital units (SPS) not only downloads

Both downloads and on-demand audio and/or video single streams are counted towards the required thresholds.

The formula of 150 on-demand streams is equivalent to one download sale.

Should be at least x3 with physicals 

Platinum | May 16, 1989

Gold | May 16, 1989

uD5DG2yI2ng.jpg?size=1440x1791&quality=9

It’s sold a little over a million mp3s via itunes in the US alone since her catalogue was added. That‘s likely what they mean by digital.

The first gold/platinum was from its physical sales during the single’s initial run.

RIAA explain it on their website:

Units are defined as follows:  Each permanent digital download counts as 1 Unit for certification purposes.  150 on-demand audio and/or video streams will count as 1 Unit for certification purposes.