Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

44 minutes ago, Prayer said:

EPIC! It works SO well.

Feels like home "Like A Prayer" is getting a huge boost after this is out, it should. I wouldn't mind this Deadpool version released even, but I guess it will be just for the trailer.

I didn't realize someone posted this a few days ago but THIS is hilarious! It’s less than a second in the trailer but it’s giving Blond Ambition / Celebration tour gimp mask meets Deadpool.

IMG_4618.jpeg

23 minutes ago, whiteheat said:

On Good Morning America Ryan Reynolds said he's been thinking about this song for a  "specific sequence within the movie" ever since they finished Deadpool 2. 

Madonna's notes were on the way the music was used within the scene. 

Yes he cofirmed OMG & praise Madonna! We won!!!

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/hugh-jackman-ryan-reynolds-talk-deadpool-wolverine-112157353

On 7/21/2024 at 1:34 AM, androiduser said:

it would make absolutely no sense to organize an additional shoot for the entire team and reshoot the scene to incorporate a few ideas, just to use a song.... re-shoots cost millions....  they are talking about the trailer, and taking advice from Madonna about the scenes used with the song.

It's in the movie sweetie :Madonna003:

38 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I didn't realize someone posted this a few days ago but THIS is hilarious! It’s less than a second in the trailer but it’s giving Blond Ambition / Celebration tour gimp mask meets Deadpool.

IMG_4618.jpeg

OK when they said she added notes to the scene... well, here are the notes xdd

Joking - or not!

2 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

Last night on YouTube I wasn’t even looking for it but the algorithm found me. This “final trailer” released  3 days ago has really worked LAP into it with new orchestral backing and isolated choir vocals. With this much effort put into it, I  think it would just be weird if LAP is not in the film.

The first trailer really worked in more of the song, but yeah, apparently @proxyposted a GMA interview where Ryan is more specific in how the song is used and he specifically mentions "in the film". YEAH!!!

1 hour ago, proxy said:

It's in the movie sweetie :Madonna003:

Thank you!!  So most definitely it IS in the film then.  Ryan is more specific here and says "sequence in the film".   I can't wait to see how it was used. 

It's just too bad the song isn't included on the Soundtrack.  And I would be dying if she sang LAP like that in my presence. :party:

24 minutes ago, androiduser said:

he says she had a "musical note" how to make the change... so,  they didn't reshoot anything....

Listen good to what he says on Kelly and Mark, and yes they reshoot & they said that even in first interview, but believe what you want. 

4 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

As fans we should help streaming the song too. But I wonder wich version should be the one that we focuse on! 

I’m interested to see which one gets the most attention. It sounded like a variation of the Immaculate mix in the trailer but it was the Celebration/album version that got a slight boost when it came out.

1 hour ago, proxy said:

Listen good to what he says on Kelly and Mark, and yes they reshoot & they said that even in first interview, but believe what you want. 

He never said anything about a "re-shoot".   This sounds more like a post production change in how to sequence the song to the scene, not how to change the actual scene.  This is why he specifically said "musical note".  :)

The official music video of "Like A Prayer" on YouTube full of comments of people going after the trailer:

But still an SD upload.

I swear sometimes I can't. These kind of things are PRIORITY when an opportunity like this comes along.

Emily, I'm talking to you. If effing Mary Lambert is not personally scanning the old reels for a 4K version there's no excuse to not have an HD official upscale NOW.

51 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The official music video of "Like A Prayer" on YouTube full of comments of people going after the trailer:

But still an SD upload.

I swear sometimes I can't. These kind of things are PRIORITY when an opportunity like this comes along.

Emily, I'm talking to you. If effing Mary Lambert is not personally scanning the old reels for a 4K version there's no excuse to not have an HD official upscale NOW.

We still have Celebration video in cosmic resolution of 240p, so I don't expect to much. 

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

"Oh you liked "Like A Prayer" cause you heard it on the movie, little Gen Z kid?

WELL BUY MY F... VINYL THEN"

Some things never change :heart: Smart queen

(Or not, I'm not sure if that logic applies anymore? I guess so).

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But still an SD upload.

Right! But don't forget that kids are watching it on small devices, so they don't care if it's HD or SD... 

We as fans are more concerned about it, tbh

9 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Right! But don't forget that kids are watching it on small devices, so they don't care if it's HD or SD... 

But most smartphone screens nowadays are Full HD and even better!

I really think it matters, it would be like presenting an old vinyl rip when they play the song on Spotify.

The SD video looks old and bad by today standards and doesn’t do any justice. A casual fan or GP won’t come back to that, but if it was a proper HD upscale maybe they would.

The HD upscale of “Frozen” + the Sickick remix made the video double it views. Imagine “LAP” or “La Isla” with good proper HD YouTube uploads.

35 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

No one but the fans really care.  Most people (not just kids) who come across the video, more and likely know it's an old song/video, concurring that like any other 80's video, it's not always gonna be HD.  Also, if they want to see and hear the song bad enough, they will endure the SD quality. 

And while I would love for an upgrade to the video, I rather it just stay SD if they are going to do some generated AI upgrade.  For me, it's not really a huge deal.  At the same time, it's one of her biggest iconic hits, so it's a little surprising a song like "Get Together" or "Everybody" or "American Pie" got the treatment long before LAP. :)

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

But most smartphone screens nowadays are Full HD and even better!

I really think it matters, it would be like presenting an old vinyl rip when they play the song on Spotify.

The SD video looks old and bad by today standards and doesn’t do any justice. A casual fan or GP won’t come back to that, but if it was a proper HD upscale maybe they would.

The HD upscale of “Frozen” + the Sickick remix made the video double it views. Imagine “LAP” or “La Isla” with good proper HD YouTube uploads.

I agree it should be upgraded … but there are heaps of very popular old videos that haven’t been either. If people hear it in the movie and want to watch it they will watch it. It’s already gotten thousands of views after the trailer alone.

And who knows, maybe her team will surprise us and upgrade it this week?

11 hours ago, proxy said:

"Who knew Madonna, you know a genius level understanding of music and it's application to pop culture" Talk to me like this Ryan, talk to me like this... 

2NrW.gif

THE 

ABSOLUT

BEST!!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻