Heart says M offered 1 billion for a 5 year residency

She jokingly mentioned in IGTTYAS during the preshow prayer in Vegas something about ignoring guys in the audience eating hot dogs while she’s performing. Essentially, hating on high rollers in comped seats and unengaged casual fans who are mainly there because it’s too easy to walk into a show on the strip. Between her open ended start times and the buffet style audiences strip residencies attract, she’s not doing it in the near future. She’ll find another way to make another billion dollars on her own terms. It works for some artists to do a residency but not her, not now. When she’s 75, we’ll see…

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Adonna said:

Elton was offered a deal at 64 in 2011 that lasted 7 years.  He had a previous Residency that was offered to him when he was 55.

Anyway, this is an old story dating back to 2010 when she was 54.

How much was his contract worth?

No matter how big the star is, I don't think 1 billion is a realistic number. Sure, the producers make money from tickets, merchandise, bar service, additional spendings etc, but I doubt it comes close to 1 billion + extra millions to make a profit

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

How much was his contract worth?

No matter how big the star is, I don't think 1 billion is a realistic number. Sure, the producers make money from tickets, merchandise, bar service, additional spendings etc, but I doubt it comes close to 1 billion + extra millions to make a profit

He had two deals.  I don't know what each one totaled for, but each one started out to be three years and each were expanded to 5 and 7 years.  He got paid 500,000 for each show.  He did over nearly 500 shows between the two.  I suspect his fee went up for the second. 

Anyway, I don't believe Madonna was offered a 1 billion dollar deal. I'm sure that was embellished. The amount originated from UK's The Sun. Even Forbes doubted it, due to the THE SUN did not have a reliable source.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:41 PM, Gonzus said:

I don't like the word "residency", it reminds me of a residence for senior and elderly care. Season would be more proper, IMO

Well she will be 70 by the time it's done lol.

Anyways. She's not gonna do it. Selling out is not my thing 🎶