Madonna scores a new top 10 with one of her oldest singles

What a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Though, I would have thought one of our chart followers would have spotted an increase in this already.  Then again, I guess to get on Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales chart you probably don't have to sell much.  The boost could have also been a result of her biopic being mentioned to be 'back on' and assuming the title is going to be "Who's That Girl?"

8 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

This is great! But since when is Who's That Girl a "dance/electronic" song? LOL

That chart has picked up where the CLUB/DANCE chart left off.  Even that chart allowed non dance songs to chart, but usually accompanied with a danceable remix.  That's where these Remixes usually chart. 

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Top10 and it's a chart for dance songs that needs 10 copies for it to be topped... My heart stopped reading the title godamn 

There is probably some truth to that, but the fact it's still #9 and it's a 1987 song, beating out more current songs, says something. A lot of these random charts do not need a lot of sales/spins/plays to chart. It's usually the top 40, Hot 100 or Album chart which is harder to get placement because those have more competition from all genres and artists.

Madonna's team did re-release it on streaming platforms last week. I downloaded it and played it a bit in the car. I was now pleased I could understand the Spanish parts.

This gets me thinking- was WTG the first of her singles to hit the top 10 on this chart? I mean true it prob doesn’t take much to do well on a digital sales chart nowadays, but did none of the others before it chart that high??

6 hours ago, MikeyK said:

This gets me thinking- was WTG the first of her singles to hit the top 10 on this chart? I mean true it prob doesn’t take much to do well on a digital sales chart nowadays, but did none of the others before it chart that high??

Yes, regarding #10 ... on the sales chart version. The alternate Dance/Electronica chart she managed a top 10 with Levitating ( #6) and Frozen Sickick Remix (#10).  The first time she appeared on the SALES variation of Dance/Electronica was with Gang Bang (#30).   Hung Up with Tokischa is her more recent on that chart at #12 while Vulgar on the alternate Dance/Electronica chart at #11.

The difference between the two (if you are wondering?) is one of them is a "sales" chart while the other is based on audience impressions.